1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,327 Times in 52,381 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SYBIL View Post
    Psychotic babbling
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,483 Times in 7,579 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    There are dozens of leases, both private and public.
    LOL, you reveal how little you know about federal oil and gas leases. There are tens of thousands federal leases, not dozens. And private ones are completely irrelevant to Biden's war on the oil industry. He has no say in those.
    The oil companies are uninterested in using them because it's too expensive.
    No shit. It's very expensive to tap a dry well. There's NO OIL on most of them!
    Try again.
    Nothing to try. I'm no expert in the oil and gas industry but I did grow up in N.O. where I had several friends that went to Tulane and LSU law schools. Most practice offshore Gulf of Mexico matters, like oil and gas transactions, mineral title examination, regulatory matters relating to onshore and offshore mineral leasing ,real property acquisitions, etc, etc. what they call "real law" or "big law". They do not engage in ambulance chasing bull shit (I don't want to get started on that).
    I notice you don't mention his support for a windfall profits tax, killing Keystone, killing ANWR. And you're going to tell me those are positive actions for oil production?
    So consider this: If Brandon wants to curtail domestic oil production in the cause of combating "climate change", why did he beg Russia before the war, and OPEC to increase production? Why did he suspend sanctions on Venezuela and allow Exxon to resume business there? If he really believed decreasing production would make for cooler weather, why does he beg OPEC and adversaries to increase theirs? Only North American oil production causes "climate change"?

You cannot reconcile that yet defend it, for one reason and one reason only. There is one and only one explanation: You are a political hack, no different than those that defend Trumps behavior, except for the blue team. You are incapable of independent, logical thought.
    Well, there's three other ways to reconcile that.
    1. Brandon really and truly wants to help adversaries and hurt domestic industry. Why he'd want that, I haven't a clue.
    2. Personally, I believe Brandon is very, very stupid. He was the dunce of his classes when young. He may actually believe that only North American oil causes "climate change".
    3. He is not in charge and is nothing more than a figurehead. Someone else or committee makes the poor decisions for him.
    Last edited by anonymoose; 12-06-2022 at 01:57 PM.

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,727 Times in 27,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,585 Times in 18,174 Posts
    Blog Entries

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    LOL, you reveal how little you know about federal oil and gas leases. There are tens of thousands federal leases, not dozens. And private ones are completely irrelevant to Biden's war on the oil industry. He has no say in those.
    No shit. It's very expensive to tap a dry well. There's NO OIL on most of them! Nothing to try. I'm no expert in the oil and gas industry but I did grow up in N.O. where I had several friends that went to Tulane and LSU law schools. Most practice offshore Gulf of Mexico matters, like oil and gas transactions, mineral title examination, regulatory matters relating to onshore and offshore mineral leasing ,real property acquisitions, etc, etc. what they call "real law" or "big law". They do not engage in ambulance chasing bull shit (I don't want to get started on that).
    I notice you don't mention his support for a windfall profits tax, killing Keystone, killing ANWR. And you're going to tell me those are positive actions for oil production?
    So consider this: If Brandon wants to curtail domestic oil production in the cause of combating "climate change", why did he beg Russia before the war, and OPEC to increase production? Why did he suspend sanctions on Venezuela and allow Exxon to resume business there? If he really believed decreasing production would make for cooler weather, why does he beg OPEC and adversaries to increase theirs? Only North American oil production causes "climate change"?

You cannot reconcile that yet defend it, for one reason and one reason only. There is one and only one explanation: You are a political hack, no different than those that defend Trumps behavior, except for the blue team. You are incapable of independent, logical thought.
    1. Brandon really and truly wants to help adversaries and hurt domestic industry. Why he'd want that, I haven't a clue.
    2. Personally, I believe Brandon is very, very stupid. He was the dunce of his classes when young. He may actually believe that only North American oil causes "climate change".
    3. He is not in charge and is nothing more than a figurehead. Someone else or committee makes the poor decisions for him.
    When you can articulate your position, I'll discuss it. Right now, you are just trolling.

I guess you'd prefer we just deregulate the oil industry so they can make more money. Is that the deal? Domestic oil production is essentially the same as it was during Trumps administration. So I'll ask again, and let's see if you can give an actual, fact based answer...... how is Biden hurting domestic oil production, and why isn't it down? You can't. So I can assume you are saying this for one reason. You are a partisan hack that hates Biden.

See, two can play the game. If you want to be serious, then get serious. If you want to troll... so be it.

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,784 Times in 17,238 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

No shit. It's very expensive to tap a dry well. There's NO OIL on most of them! Nothing to try. I'm no expert in the oil and gas industry but I did grow up in N.O. where I had several friends that went to Tulane and LSU law schools. Most practice offshore Gulf of Mexico matters, like oil and gas transactions, mineral title examination, regulatory matters relating to onshore and offshore mineral leasing ,real property acquisitions, etc, etc. what they call "real law" or "big law". They do not engage in ambulance chasing bull shit (I don't want to get started on that).

The oil companies own thousands of leases. Having them gives them tax breaks. Many they will probably never use. They want more because it increases the value of the company making borrowing easie.r All costs of leases are deductible from purchase prices, maintaining leases, legal costs etc.

6. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

When you can articulate your position, I'll discuss it. Right now, you are just trolling.
    OK sport. Just delete the parts you consider to be trolling and engage me.
    I guess you'd prefer we just deregulate the oil industry so they can make more money. Is that the deal?
    Nowhere did I say that or even imply it. Who's the troll here?
    Domestic oil production is essentially the same as it was during Trumps administration.
    Irrelevant. Never did I state he was trying to decrease present oil production. . It's obvious you're avoiding the question.
    So I'll ask again, and let's see if you can give an actual, fact based answer...... how is Biden hurting domestic oil production,
    He's not because he can't
    and why isn't it down?
    Because he can't change what's already in place. He's hindering future oil production and I already stated why. Not present oil production.
    You can't.
    And I won't. He's powerless to hurt present oil production. But he's already taken measures to hinder future oil production *to fight climate change*. LOL
    So I can assume you are saying this for one reason. You are a partisan hack that hates Biden.
    If I was a partisan hack then why have I consistently derided Trump's behavior and I considered him the third worst candidate in the entire dem and repub field in '16. I hated both McCain and Bush when they were the main contenders in '00 which drove me to register as a not republican. And I was dead right about Bush when I was in the minority of being against the Iraq debacle before it started. That's not partisan.
    You, however, have never since I've known you to criticize an obviously bad dem policy.
    See, two can play the game. If you want to be serious, then get serious.
    Looks like you're the only one playing. Have fun playing alone.
    If you want to troll... so be it.
    Once again, all you have to do is delete whatever you consider trolling and engage. Or at minimum show me what is trolling. Because you know all good and well , much of what I say is true. Some is opinion.
    I answered you're "ask again" question, let's see if you can answer mine: If Brandon wants to curtail domestic oil production in the cause of combating "climate change", why did he beg Russia before the war, and OPEC to increase production? Why did he suspend sanctions on Venezuela and allow Exxon to resume business there? If he really believed decreasing production would make for cooler weather combat climate change, why does he beg OPEC and adversaries to increase theirs?
    Why wouldn't he do the opposite and ask them to reduce their oil production so they too could combat climate change? Isn't a worldwide problem?
    Good luck. But I don't expect any solid answers from you.

7. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

OK sport. Just delete the parts you consider to be trolling and engage me.
    Nowhere did I say that or even imply it. Who's the troll here? Irrelevant. Never did I state he was trying to decrease present oil production. . It's obvious you're avoiding the question. He's not because he can't Because he can't change what's already in place. He's hindering future oil production and I already stated why. Not present oil production. And I won't. He's powerless to hurt present oil production. But he's already taken measures to hinder future oil production *to fight climate change*. LOL If I was a partisan hack then why have I consistently derided Trump's behavior and I considered him the third worst candidate in the entire dem and repub field in '16. I hated both McCain and Bush when they were the main contenders in '00 which drove me to register as a not republican. And I was dead right about Bush when I was in the minority of being against the Iraq debacle before it started. That's not partisan.
    You, however, have never since I've known you to criticize an obviously bad dem policy.
    Looks like you're the only one playing. Have fun playing alone. Once again, all you have to do is delete whatever you consider trolling and engage. Or at minimum show me what is trolling. Because you know all good and well , much of what I say is true. Some is opinion.
    I answered you're "ask again" question, let's see if you can answer mine: If Brandon wants to curtail domestic oil production in the cause of combating "climate change", why did he beg Russia before the war, and OPEC to increase production? Why did he suspend sanctions on Venezuela and allow Exxon to resume business there? If he really believed decreasing production would make for cooler weather combat climate change, why does he beg OPEC and adversaries to increase theirs?
    Why wouldn't he do the opposite and ask them to reduce their oil production so they too could combat climate change? Isn't a worldwide problem?
    Good luck. But I don't expect any solid answers from you.
    LOL, so he's hindering future oil production because we want to be less dependent on oil. DUH.

When you refer to the President as 'Brandon' that makes you a troll. It is what it is. I do not consider the policy bad.

8. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

LOL, so he's hindering future oil production because we want to be less dependent on oil. DUH.
    But more dependent on foreign oil when we need it or when the price increases are one of the causes of inflation. Again, if he was truly serious in his belief that decreasing oil production would solve GW he'd pressure OPEC, Russia and Venezuela to decrease, not increase their production, (by his twisted logic , of course). That tells me two things if he's cognizant: 1. he doesn't really believe that and
    2. he wants to penalize, hinder, whathaveyou, N. American oil producers for some unbeknownst reason. There's just no other way I can logically explain his actions IF he's cognizant.
    ~OR~ a distinct possibility... he's just a very confused senile old man beyond his physical years that can't remember what his energy policy is from one day to the next.

When you refer to the President as 'Brandon' that makes you a troll.
    Then all you had to do is delete it like I said. I notice the MAGAts don't have a problem engaging in conversation with those that refer to Trump as 'dump' , 'orangutan', etc.
    Sensitive, are we? No wonder leftists were the original snowflakes back in '16.
    I think you're making an excuse to not engage in an argument you can't possibly win. The usual when I ask uncomfortable questions around here.
    I do not consider the policy bad.
    I knew you wouldn't/couldn't answer my 'ask again' questions. No matter how much you think I'm trolling, those are very legitimate questions. There is no logical answer to them no matter how much you happen to like Brandon Biden. There simply is none. You can't even twist it. I saw you didn't consider his energy policy as 'good'.
    Just wondering how is it "not bad"?
    Last edited by anonymoose; 12-07-2022 at 05:51 AM.

9. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,327 Times in 52,381 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    Let’s terminate the Republican Party and keep the constitution
    Agreed on keeping the Constitution. No need to help the Republican Party destroy itself. They've been doing it for over 25 years and are nearly finished.

How 1/6 is resolved will determine if they survive or implode.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

evince (12-07-2022)

11. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    The oil companies own thousands of leases. Having them gives them tax breaks.
    The 'tax breaks' are nothing more than a deductible expense. Not a tax break.
    Many they will probably never use. They want more because it increases the value of the company making borrowing
    Well that's a new one. a lease is a liability on a company's balance sheet. How does increasing the liability of a company increase it's value? It doesn't. It decreases it.
    All costs of leases are deductible from purchase prices, maintaining leases, legal costs etc.
    Duh. That's true in any business. Those are all costs. All costs are tax deductible. Actually the federal govt. makes money from those leases whether oil is found or not. A win - win for everybody