Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Putin's plan - breaking

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,288 Times in 27,096 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    I don't remember calling for any attacks on schools and hospitals.

I'm talking about the power grid, given that Putin seems to be hell bent on leaving Ukraine in the dark this winter.
    What I am saying is there is always collateral damage, accidents, bad targeting Intel, and missiles that go astray when attacking cities.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Here's a better idea; let's make up lies about getting unsolicited mail in ballots.
    Lousy Vermin needs a needle full of Novichok!

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    thats a great idea, lets attack Russia - who already said such an attack would cause a nuke response.
    You've never complained when Putin blew up a Ukranian school, or when his troops raped Ukrainian women.

Kherson has already fallen to Ukranian armed forces, after Putin proclaimed Kherson Oblast to be sacred Russian territory -- and Putin just meekly accepted the defeat.

I think bombing Russian cities is not an effective way to win the war, but for different reasons than you:

Right now, Russian soldiers would rather retreat than fight. That calculus changes when videos start circulating of Russian cities bombed and bodies of Russian civilians strewn on the street. The Nazis found out the hard way how Russians will fight if they believe they are defending their home turf

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,410 Times in 10,039 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    Lousy Vermin needs a needle full of Novichok!
    You're a sicko who supports Conservatives pulling down kids' pants so that Roy Moore can stare at their genitals.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,400 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,400 Times in 6,147 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    , according to new documents revealed by the UK Royal United Services Institute.

Haw, haw...........................haw, haw, haw..............................haw, haw, haw, haw..................................haw.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,740 Times in 14,334 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    What I am saying is there is always collateral damage, accidents, bad targeting Intel, and missiles that go astray when attacking cities.
    Yes. That's what Putin claims. I don't believe it. Or are you saying that the same can happen with Ukraine's missiles?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,971 Times in 14,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 949 Times in 933 Posts
    Blog Entries

Putin planned to seize Ukraine within days and kill its leaders, according to new documents revealed by the UK Royal United Services Institute.

The plan was to capture Ukraine’s airfields, water supplies, central bank and parliament, as Ukrainian officials either fled or were captured “as a result of the speed of the invasion". The Kremlin created a "kill list" of Ukrainians who should be killed or suppressed.

Russian officials would register the entire population by going door to door, noting if they should be eliminated or whether they were likely to collaborate.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-ne...-missile-live/

So that’s what he meant by denazification.
    Putin, like the Democrats, like to call anyone they don't like Nazis. I guess that is just what Stalinist do.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

8. The Following User Groans At ExpressLane For This Awful Post:

Nordberg (12-02-2022)

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yes. That's what Putin claims. I don't believe it. Or are you saying that the same can happen with Ukraine's missiles?
    The USA is supposed to have the best missiles and the best Intel in the world, but we still caused collateral damage by blowing up wedding parties, schools, and embassies.

I just don't see it as a strategic benefit to winning rhe war by bombing Russian cities. I believe that would be Nato's position as well, not just mine.

Russian soldiers are more likely to retreat than fight now. I think that calculus gets flipped on it's head once Russian soldiers believe they are fighting to protect their homeland

I believe if the Viet Cong had the capacity to bomb American cities and did so, we would have never left Vietnam. We would have razed it to the ground.

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The USA is supposed to have the best missiles and the best Intel in the world, but we still caused collateral damage by blowing up wedding parties, schools, and embassies.

I just don't see it as a strategic benefit to winning rhe war by bombing Russian cities. I believe that would be Nato's position as well, not just mine.

Russian soldiers are more likely to retreat than fight now. I think that calculus gets flipped on it's head once Russian soldiers believe they are fighting to protect their homeland

I believe if the Viet Cong had the capacity to bomb American cities and did so, we would have never left Vietnam. We would have razed it to the ground.
    Are all of Russia's power plants in cities?

What do you feel about strikes inside of Russia if it entails taking out their missile strike capability?

If the Viet Cong had the ability to strike inside of the USA, would never would have started that act of aggression
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

11. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    Putin, like the Democrats, like to call anyone they don't like Nazis. I guess that is just what Stalinist do.
    LMFAO

12. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,570 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Putin's plan is like any other military man's. Increase the manpower and soldiers until you win or fail. So far, he is stopped and slightly losing. He is losing some support from the people, mostly the young ones. Thousand left the country when he started and more will go if he keeps escalating.

13. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Are all of Russia's power plants in cities?

What do you feel about strikes inside of Russia if it entails taking out their missile strike capability?

If the Viet Cong had the ability to strike inside of the USA, would never would have started that act of aggression
    I think striking Russian military airfield and logistical facilities inside Russia which are directly supporting the invasion, or from where missiles are launched makes good strategic sense.

I believe the way Kremlin imperialism is going to be thwarted is to kill as many Russian soldiers as possible, destroy as much of their equipment as possible, and sap their will to fight.

I just don't think lobbing some missiles at a powerplant in Moscow helps move that football down the field, though it may be emotionally satisfying.

This is a small nation fighting a world power. It's not Britain vs. Germany in 1941,. In a contest to see who can blow up more civilian infrastructure, Russia wins that war hands down. Ukraine's path to victory is to sap Russia's will to fight.

Just my two cents

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Tranquillus in Exile (12-03-2022)

15. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I think striking Russian military airfield and logistical facilities inside Russia which are directly supporting the invasion, or from where missiles are launched makes good strategic sense.
    U.S won't allow any strikes inside of Russia. Is it too early to call Putin's repeated nuke bluffs after almost 1 year?

I believe the way Kremlin imperialism is going to be thwarted is to kill as many Russian soldiers as possible, destroy as much of their equipment as possible, and sap their will to fight.
    That is almost accomplished, but the more that aspect is achieved, the more Putin destroys key infrastructure, and murders babies. Thus far, he has not suffered one iota. He doesn't seem care about his economy, and he certainly doesn't care about his soldiers. Of course, we have no control over India/China taking advantage of bargain basement prices on Putin's oil.

I just don't think lobbing some missiles at a powerplant in Moscow helps move that football down the field, though it may be emotionally satisfying.
    Tit for tat might just create a real uprising among his citizens. As I previously mentioned, there are regions with no power because he has wasted billions in Ukraine, while ignoring faulty infrastructure. I wouldn't target anything in the middle of major cities, but there have to be power grid targets closer to the border.

This is a small nation fighting a world power. It's not Britain vs. Germany in 1941,. In a contest to see who can blow up more civilian infrastructure, Russia wins that war hands down. Ukraine's path to victory is to sap Russia's will to fight.

Just my two cents
    This is the world fighting against Putin. Russian soldiers' will to fight is long gone. It doesn't stop Putin from killing babies. In fact, he's escalating.

This winter will prove interesting, though

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Cypress (12-03-2022)

17. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

Putin planned to seize Ukraine within days and kill its leaders, according to new documents revealed by the UK Royal United Services Institute.

The plan was to capture Ukraine’s airfields, water supplies, central bank and parliament, as Ukrainian officials either fled or were captured “as a result of the speed of the invasion". The Kremlin created a "kill list" of Ukrainians who should be killed or suppressed.

Russian officials would register the entire population by going door to door, noting if they should be eliminated or whether they were likely to collaborate.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-ne...aine-ten-days/

So that’s what he meant by denazification.
    No plan really survives contact with the enemy. I still have faith Russia will win this war.

Its not going to matter to electoral politics I think but it would be nice to be able to say that biden is the only US president to lose 2 wars in one term.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

18. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,570 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    No plan really survives contact with the enemy. I still have faith Russia will win this war.

Its not going to matter to electoral politics I think but it would be nice to be able to say that biden is the only US president to lose 2 wars in one term.
    We are not at war with Russia. We are supplying military assistance. Afghanistan was not his war and he ended it on the date that Trump agreed to.