Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Putin's plan - breaking

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,324 Times in 2,774 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Default Putin's plan - breaking

Putin planned to seize Ukraine within days and kill its leaders, according to new documents revealed by the UK Royal United Services Institute.

The plan was to capture Ukraine’s airfields, water supplies, central bank and parliament, as Ukrainian officials either fled or were captured “as a result of the speed of the invasion". The Kremlin created a "kill list" of Ukrainians who should be killed or suppressed.

Russian officials would register the entire population by going door to door, noting if they should be eliminated or whether they were likely to collaborate.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-ne...aine-ten-days/

So that’s what he meant by denazification.
    Last edited by Tranquillus in Exile; 12-02-2022 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Added link to where the report is now. It was in "live news" when I cited it.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (12-02-2022), Guno צְבִי (12-02-2022), LurchAddams (12-02-2022), ThatOwlWoman (12-02-2022)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,025 Times in 6,676 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 543 Times in 519 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    Putin planned to seize Ukraine within days and kill its leaders, according to new documents revealed by the UK Royal United Services Institute.

The plan was to capture Ukraine’s airfields, water supplies, central bank and parliament, as Ukrainian officials either fled or were captured “as a result of the speed of the invasion". The Kremlin created a "kill list" of Ukrainians who should be killed or suppressed.

Russian officials would register the entire population by going door to door, noting if they should be eliminated or whether they were likely to collaborate.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-ne...-missile-live/

I just can't believe Europe is just letting this happen. We should at least give the Ukrainians offensive missiles that can reach Moscow. See how they like it.
    ================================================== =

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LurchAddams View Post
    I just can't believe Europe is just letting this happen. We should at least give the Ukrainians offensive missiles that can reach Moscow. See how they like it.
    thats a great idea, lets attack Russia - who already said such an attack would cause a nuke response.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Rune (12-02-2022)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,676 Times in 27,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Emotionally, it might seem tempting.

But support for Putin's war is collapsing in Russia, and very few Russians are actually willing to die for Putin on the steppes of Ukraine, short of coercion.

Missiles raining down on Saint Petersburg would change that calculus, and convince most Russians that Putin was right about mother Russia being under a grave threat from NATO.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (12-02-2022), ThatOwlWoman (12-02-2022)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post

But support for Putin's war is collapsing in Russia, and very few Russians are actually willing to die for Putin on the steppes of Ukraine, short of coercion.

Missiles raining down on Saint Petersburg would change that calculus, and convince most Russians that Putin was right about mother Russia being under a grave threat from NATO.
    So, more Ukrainian's need to die so we don't upset the Russian people? Doesn't seem fair.

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,026 Times in 14,522 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Yes. We've been debating this for amost a year.

Since our last discussion, Ukraine's infrastructure is gone. At what point does the world stop worrying about Russian citizens' perception of Putin, and just stop the carnage?

I believe enough information is quietly circulating in Russia among family members of the dead. Even Putin cannot suppress the truth forever.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

LurchAddams (12-03-2022)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I believe those are on the way. Primarily for use in Crimea
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

LurchAddams (12-02-2022)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    I believe those are on the way. Primarily for use in Crimea
    I hope so. I feel badly that Putin can hold the entire western world hostage with his nukes so he can do whatever evil he wants. He needs to be off this planet soon. I hope the cancer rumors are true.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LurchAddams For This Post:

Althea (12-02-2022)

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So, more Ukrainian's need to die so we don't upset the Russian people? Doesn't seem fair.
    I'm not saying it's emotionally satisfying.

I'm saying it is the best strategy to defeat Putin.

We should remember that the mujahideen defeated the Soviets and the Taliban defeated the Americas without ever having blown up a single Russian apartment building or one American power plant.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (12-02-2022), LurchAddams (12-02-2022)

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

We should remember that the mujahideen defeated the Soviets and the Taliban defeated the Americas without ever having blown up a single Russian apartment building or one American power plant.
    But so much death and destruction over years, in the process. I wish there was an "express" method to dispatch tyrants.

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The other side of that coin is that when Russian's get to experience the joy of freezing/starving to death because their power grid is destroyed, they might just rise up against Putin.

I read that the poorest sections of Russia are already up in arms because they have no heat/hot water due to failing infrastructure. They openly blame Putin for wasting billions on his illegal war.

It takes much longer to 'win' when you allow Putin to commit war crimes with no negative response.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

LurchAddams (12-03-2022)

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Yes. We've been debating this for amost a year.

Since our last discussion, Ukraine's infrastructure is gone. At what point does the world stop worrying about Russian citizens' perception of Putin, and just stop the carnage?

I believe enough information is quietly circulating in Russia among family members of the dead. Even Putin cannot suppress the truth forever.
    I think EU support for Ukraine gets short circuited the minute video of destroyed Saint Petersburg schools and hospitals get circulated.

I am in favor of doing what is effective, not what is emotionally satisfying.

Ukraine is winning on the battlefield. I believe most Russian conscripts don't have the will to win, and are steadily being beaten on the battlefield by better motivated Ukrainian soldiers.

I think video of destroyed Russian schools and hospitals changes that calculus.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Tranquillus in Exile (12-02-2022)

22. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I think EU support for Ukraine gets short circuited the minute video of destroyed Saint Petersburg schools and hospitals get circulated.

I am in favor of doing what is effective, not what is emotionally satisfying.

Ukraine is winning on the battlefield. I believe most Russian conscripts don't have the will to win, and are steadily being beaten on the battlefield by better motivated Ukrainian soldiers.

I think video of destroyed Russian schools and hospitals changes that calculus.
    I don't remember calling for any attacks on schools and hospitals.

I'm talking about the power grid, given that Putin seems to be hell bent on leaving Ukraine in the dark this winter.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

LurchAddams (12-03-2022)

24. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    thats a great idea, lets attack Russia - who already said such an attack would cause a nuke response.
    Here's a better idea; let's make up lies about getting unsolicited mail in ballots.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

25. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (12-02-2022)

26. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Althea (12-02-2022)

27. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-ne...-missile-live/

Putin's greatest fear is that he ends up sodomized to death by his own people like his buddy Ghaddafi.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist