Thread: Retards are why we cannot have good things

1. #166 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    This is the definition I use: informal + offensive : a foolish or stupid person.

No different from "dumb", "stupid" and assorted words.

Besides, calling people here "retards" is actually a compliment to the genuine mentally challenged people because those people make them regular Einstein.

Ask the parents of your developmentally challenged charges about that. Prolly get you fired.

And under NO circumstances use that term around my daughter. She worked with the special-ed kids in elementary school while she was in high school. Did amazing things with them as well. The teachers were amazed.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

TOP (12-03-2022)

3. #167 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,630 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    Ask the parents of your developmentally challenged charges about that. Prolly get you fired.

And under NO circumstances use that term around my daughter. She worked with the special-ed kids in elementary school while she was in high school. Did amazing things with them as well. The teachers were amazed.

It says a lot about a person who goes out of their way to use such an obviously hurtful and offensive word...and then try to defend using it... it's a very good thing that the field of special education was not the "career" choice for this person... I believe they stated it just wasn't "their thing"... or something to that effect... ...Congratulations to your daughter for her very important work while she was still in school.... I'm sure you're incredibly proud of her.... what an awesome thing to do ...the little kids love it when the HS kids help out in the classroom and become their buddies.... I started working with special needs kids at a young age as well and it turned into my career... I taught special ed for over 30 years in middle and high school and coached as well... it was an awesome experience and one of the reasons I'm so very passionate about those who abuse and misuse the r word to this day..... as most of us know it's just an incredibly hurtful word to toss around so carelessly...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

Life is Golden (12-03-2022)

5. #168 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,326 Times in 53,233 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    It says a lot about a person who goes out of their way to use such an obviously hurtful and offensive word...and then try to defend using it... it's a very good thing that the field of special education was not the "career" choice for this person... I believe they stated it just wasn't "their thing"... or something to that effect... ...Congratulations to your daughter for her very important work while she was still in school.... I'm sure you're incredibly proud of her.... what an awesome thing to do ...the little kids love it when the HS kids help out in the classroom and become their buddies.... I started working with special needs kids at a young age as well and it turned into my career... I taught special ed for over 30 years in middle and high school and coached as well... it was an awesome experience and one of the reasons I'm so very passionate about those who abuse and misuse the r word to this day..... as most of us know it's just an incredibly hurtful word to toss around so carelessly...
    Wow. You must have sprained at least three fingers pecking out all that virtue-signaling, attention-whoring nonsense, Toxic! As we've discussed multiple times in the past, repeating the same lies does not magically make them come true. It also doesn't excuse you putting thanks on posts of people you're recruiting, when they call someone you don't like a RETARD, eh? Kind of like when you followed Christie and Phantasmal around, scolding and fussing about people who call someone a CUNT -- but then you thank those posts too. lol

Last edited by ThatOwlWoman; 12-03-2022 at 07:32 AM. Reason: better graphic
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

AProudLefty (12-03-2022)

7. #169 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,326 Times in 53,233 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Exactly. I have no clue why they think they are being stopped from using the term. They're still free to use it.

Changing "monkeypox" to "mpox" has nothing to do with "monkey" being racist and offensive word.

It's just a siren song.
    When I first heard the term it didn't occur to me to think that it was racist. Instead, it sounds more like something you get from engaging in bestiality. Ugh.

The RW media, on the other hand, will stop at nothing to uncover more evidence of PC or Wokeness.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

AProudLefty (12-03-2022)

9. #170 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

I started working with special needs kids at a young age as well and it turned into my career... I taught special ed for over 30 years in middle and high school and coached as well... it was an awesome experience and one of the reasons I'm so very passionate about those who abuse and misuse the r word to this day..... as most of us know it's just an incredibly hurtful word to toss around so carelessly...
    A noble choice of a career.

I try not to use the word although I occasionally do when posting to toxic trolls. I certainly don't use it IRL. Do you remember when "retarded" was a word regularly used to describe those with autism, etc. way back in the day?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

TOP (12-03-2022)

11. #171 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post

I try not to use the word although I occasionally do when posting to toxic trolls. I certainly don't use it IRL. Do you remember when "retarded" was a word regularly used to describe those with autism, etc. way back in the day?
    Thank you ...I think so too...but...this thread ...and the gleefully deliberate misuse of the word is another thing altogether... ...is obviously a different story. And truly telling...
    I do remember...the terminology for special needs children used to be EMR and TMR which stood for educable mentally retarded and trainable mentally retarded.... those designations were changed for a reason....and have continued to change over the years.... very obviously because of the negative meaning, misunderstanding, and mistreatment of individuals with developmental disabilities... it's shocking to see the support here for use of the word...in many forms...especially from the individuals who have special needs family members...

12. #172 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,317 Times in 9,825 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thank you ...I think so too...but...this thread ...and the gleefully deliberate misuse of the word is another thing altogether... ...is obviously a different story. And truly telling...
    I do remember...the terminology for special needs children used to be EMR and TMR which stood for educable mentally retarded and trainable mentally retarded.... those designations were changed for a reason....and have continued to change over the years.... very obviously because of the negative meaning, misunderstanding, and mistreatment of individuals with developmental disabilities... it's shocking to see the support here for use of the word...in many forms...especially from the individuals who have special needs family members...
    Our instinct is to mistrust and dislike dumbasses.

of course we can love through that hurdle, but the knee jerk is to ridicule a 'tard.

especially when it's dutch uncle.

oh snap.

13. #173 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,784 Times in 17,103 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Toxic Fruitcake Teacher is crying again.

Sniff sniff sniff boo hoo need a tissue?

14. #174 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post

Yep like idiot savant. Like Legion.

15. #175 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

16. #176 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This place is a toxic cesspool of feces of racism, sexism and bigotry and they weep over my usage of the word?

As Spock would say, "Fascinating".

17. #177 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,357 Times in 52,408 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

This place is a toxic cesspool of feces of racism, sexism and bigotry and they weep over my usage of the word?

As Spock would say, "Fascinating".
    No one ever has accused JPP Trumpers of being logical, educated and/or intelligent.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

AProudLefty (12-03-2022)

19. #178 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

My daughter is an amazing young lady and proud does not begin to describe it. She actually got started in grade school eating lunch with the special-ed kids and interacting there and took time out of art time to work with them at that. She got the big heart gene from her momma (and the pretty).
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

TOP (12-04-2022)

21. #179 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

My daughter is an amazing young lady and proud does not begin to describe it. She actually got started in grade school eating lunch with the special-ed kids and interacting there and took time out of art time to work with them at that. She got the big heart gene from her momma (and the pretty).
    She sounds awesome...her contributions were more valuable than you can ever begin to imagine...Remind her (and her momma) of that every time you get a chance...
    "Good heart genes" do have a lot to do with it...

22. #180 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

She sounds awesome...her contributions were more valuable than you can ever begin to imagine...Remind her (and her momma) of that every time you get a chance...
    "Good heart genes" do have a lot to do with it...
    the special-ed teachers loved her and made it very clear to her.

you should appreciate this: there was this one kid who was un-communitive, in PE they were going to do dancing so daughter took kid by the hand and then started to dance, simple stuff but to the teacher's surprise he actually started dancing himself. He had never "done" anything at all ever. Forgive incorrect terminology but I'll bet you understand what that meant.