Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just the beginning

1. #1 | Top
    Cancel4 Guest

Default Just the beginning

President Obama has made his first wise choice for the Supreme Court, a Latina. Democrats have a solid majority in the Senate so her confirmation is assured, and the rightwing racists who oppose her are powerless now that Bush has killed the GOP.

Look for several more excellent nominations as President Obama's terms progress and his popularity grows with the planned elimination of rightwing talk radio and Faux.

I predict at least one gay Justice, and more feminist Justices in a Court that will reflect the changing face of America in the Age of Obama! Asian and Native American Justices will be close behind.

The future of Roe Vs. Wade is assured, the 2nd and 22nd Amendments will be reinterpreted.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,131 Times in 9,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DNC View Post
    President Obama has made his first wise choice for the Supreme Court, a Latina. Democrats have a solid majority in the Senate so her confirmation is assured, and the rightwing racists who oppose her are powerless now that Bush has killed the GOP.

Look for several more excellent nominations as President Obama's terms progress and his popularity grows with the planned elimination of rightwing talk radio and Faux.

I predict at least one gay Justice, and more feminist Justices in a Court that will reflect the changing face of America in the Age of Obama! Asian and Native American Justices will be close behind.

The future of Roe Vs. Wade is assured, the 2nd and 22nd Amendments will be reinterpreted.
    People who oppose racists oppose her, because SHE'S a racist. You've misunderstood the nature of all the criticism.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

I do believe the DCN is a paid Obamabot troll....and a broken friggen record one too...

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Sounds like DuNCe is longing for a fascist state what with all his (or her) talk of "eliminating" free speech, or at least speech with which he does not agree, the coronation of a "ruler for life" with his wish to repeal the 22nd Amendment, and his desire to deny citizens their right to bear arms...

What other rights does DuNCe wish to attack I wonder...

Never mind, DuNCe has merely proven once again that nothing heposts is worth the time it takes to read it...
    Here lies the body of Mary Lee; died at the age of a hundred and three. For fifteen years she kept her virginity; not a bad record for this vicinity.

5. #5 | Top
    Cancel4 Guest

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 693 Times in 631 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    I do believe the DCN is a paid Obamabot troll....and a broken friggen record one too...
    Even Obama's not dumb enough to write a check for that. I see DNC as a unpaid troll whore.

7. #7 | Top
    Cancel4 Guest

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

We also have several Rushbot trolls on here.
    Bush doubled the debt from 5 trillion to 10 trillion.
    Proving tax cuts work!

Bush asked for and signed for the TARP money.
    The Republican senate leader backed Bush on this.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Which of the conservatives on the SCOTUS do you expect to resign in the next 4 to 8 years?
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 623 Times in 562 Posts

I hope his next apt is a lot more liberal.
    The stone that the builder refused
    Will always be the head corner stone

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Topspin View Post
    I hope his next apt is a lot more liberal.
    You'd better hops his next appointment is a liberal at all.

But he's a centrist .. so I give you one guess one which side his pendulum will swing on his next appointment.

Sotomayor ain't all that liberal. She's a firm defender of corporate interests.

Are you starting to get the picture?

The plutocracy figured out how to control Americans after the debacle of Bush .. which they contolled.

They control you with faces my brother.

A black face and a hispanic face .. who both dance to the same beat .. the same beat Bush danced to.

They stole trillions of dollars right in front of our faces .. again.

The war on Iraq was only a failure for the people who didn't get paid. For those who got paid, they made more money than any corporations in the history of Man. They also walked away with billions of dollars that just went "missing" in Iraq.

OOOoooppppsss, my bad .. we lost it. .. So what?

Do you know why Krugman nor anyone else who was right about the economy aren't welcome in the Obama Administration? It's because they don't dance.

Americans are easy .. because we're dumb .. and cowardly.

You exist in a plutocracy.
    Last edited by blackascoal; 07-17-2009 at 07:39 AM.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 623 Times in 562 Posts

bac, I'm just trying to poke a neocon
    The stone that the builder refused
    Will always be the head corner stone

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Topspin View Post
    bac, I'm just trying to poke a neocon
    But I'm trying to help a brother out.

:0)
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 693 Times in 631 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Which of the conservatives on the SCOTUS do you expect to resign in the next 4 to 8 years?
    None. Perhaps the Obamites have more devious plans.

15. #15 | Top
    Cancel4 Guest

Apart from Justice Sotomayor, the only female justice is Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who is 76 and has been in ill health.

89-year-old Justice John Paul Stevens won't last much longer, and President Obama is just beginning what will be an unbroken string of elected terms once the 22nd Amendment is out of the way.

Democrats currently hold 60 Senate seats to the Republican's 40.

http://www.end22.com/