Members banned from this thread: evince and Doc Dutch

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Covid - what can be discussed outside of the conspiracy forum?

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenyx View Post
    Well, if it makes anyone feel better, at first, I was one of the crowd believing the official line. The more I looked into it, though, the more I branched off from said line.
    I told everyone they were idiots from the beginning. And I told them why. APL was the worst offender, covid is when I lost a lot of respect for that ignorant little incel.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

I imagine this is in response to something I said. For those who aren't familiar with the germ vs. terrain theory:

Germ Theory Versus Terrain: The Wrong Side Won the Day | westonaprice.org

Now, I think it's apparent from the link above that not all those who believe in terrain theory believe that viruses don't exist. However, a branch of those who believe in terrain theory do, such as Dr. Robert Young:

The Terrain Theory vs. The Germ Theory | drrobertyoung.com

Dr. Sam Bailey has also made it clear that she is both a terrain theory adherent as well as one who no longer believes that contagious viruses exist. Here is a recent article she's written critiquing another doctor's assertion that he has seen a picture of a virus:

Dr. Peter McCullough Says He Has Seen A Picture Of A Virus Up Close | drsambailey.com

She is also part of a group, mainly composed of doctors, that signed their name to a paper on what should settle the virus debate:

The “Settling The Virus Debate” Statement | drsambailey.com
    So you have stipulated that your "theory" be constrained to the conspiracy theory forum, your "question" is considered settled.

Glad to be of assistance.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 22 Times in 21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    I told everyone they were idiots from the beginning. And I told them why. APL was the worst offender, covid is when I lost a lot of respect for that ignorant little incel.
    You would have been calling me an idiot at the beginning too :-p. I'd say it can sometimes take time for some to realize the truth. Some longer than others.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    So you have stipulated that your "theory" be constrained to the conspiracy theory forum
    First of all, none of what I have asked relates to any theory I have come up with. All the theories I have talked about were conceived of by people far more knowledgeable on these subjects then myself.

Second of all, I didn't stipulate anything. Instead, I've asked the moderators of this forum whether any of the theories I mentioned need to be constrained to the conspiracy section of this forum.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,601 Times in 9,273 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

It's certainly not always possible, but I think we should at least try to remain civil with each other. Disagreement is fine, but I don't see insults as being a positive contribution in a conversation.
    New to JPP? My very first post here,the reply was that I was a "cum gargler"!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    Funny because I liked you till you went off rails. I thought you were funny and your avatar hilarious which led me to think you were being funny. But no later you turn out to be a vicious hateful person.

And what is your problem with my stance on covid? Get it off your chest.

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

First of all, none of what I have asked relates to any theory I have come up with. All the theories I have talked about were conceived of by people far more knowledgeable on these subjects then myself.

Second of all, I didn't stipulate anything. Instead, I've asked the moderators of this forum whether any of the theories I mentioned need to be constrained to the conspiracy section of this forum.
    I was addressing your points 4 and 5. That is germ theory vs. terrain theory. If you compare and contrast them, that wouldn't belong in the conspiracy theory forum. However if you want to suggest or peddle the "theory" that the covid virus doesn't exist (terrain theory), keep it in the CT forum.

You asked and I answered.

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Apollyon 2023 View Post
    It's certainly not always possible, but I think we should at least try to remain civil with each other. Disagreement is fine, but I don't see insults as being a positive contribution in a conversation.
    New to JPP? My very first post here,the reply was that I was a "cum gargler"!
    I can certainly agree that some here seem almost incapable of being civil. You'll note that I tend to thread ban 2 individuals from every thread I create. Incidentally, the ability to thread ban people from one's threads is a feature that I've only seen in one other forum, and it wasn't even a 'dedicated' forum- chess.com. As to most people here, I've found that they can be civilized if one is civilized with them in turn.