Thread: San Francisco votes to allow lethal force police robots

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,624 Times in 51,916 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    I asked you NOT to go MAGA stupid on me, Dutch. The robots would be guided remotely by cops....the same cops that have been nailed recently with unwarranted shootings, beat downs and such. Thinking a robot would remove that mindset is dumb.

Had the idiots said "demilitarize the police" instead of "defund the police", people would have been more aware of crap like this.
    Yes, I get that you hate the police regardless of how many are good. If there's one bad apple, then people like you hate them all.

I disagree. There's over 660,000 police officers in the US: https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ers-in-the-us/

472 of them died in 2021, this includes suicides and off-duty deaths: https://nleomf.org/memorial/facts-fi...eaths-by-year/

73 were murdered in felonious killings and 52 died in on-duty accidents: https://usafacts.org/articles/how-ma...-line-of-duty/

No doubt all the police haters will laugh and spit on their graves.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Dutch is not a Trump supporter nor does he support the Constitution of the United States nor any State constitution.
    Lying Paranoid Schizophrenic.

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    There are no right wing terrorists.
    Delusional paranoid schizophrenic.

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,936 Times in 11,522 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Lying Paranoid Schizophrenic.
    Deny all you like. You do not support the Constitution of the United States nor any State constitution.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SYBIL View Post
    Psychotic babbling

6. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,632 Times in 4,084 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,357 Times in 1,282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    I asked you NOT to go MAGA stupid on me, Dutch. The robots would be guided remotely by cops....the same cops that have been nailed recently with unwarranted shootings, beat downs and such. Thinking a robot would remove that mindset is dumb.

Had the idiots said "demilitarize the police" instead of "defund the police", people would have been more aware of crap like this.

Yes, I get that you hate the police regardless of how many are good. If there's one bad apple, then people like you hate them all.

I disagree. There's over 660,000 police officers in the US: https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ers-in-the-us/

472 of them died in 2021, this includes suicides and off-duty deaths: https://nleomf.org/memorial/facts-fi...eaths-by-year/

73 were murdered in felonious killings and 52 died in on-duty accidents: https://usafacts.org/articles/how-ma...-line-of-duty/

No doubt all the police haters will laugh and spit on their graves.
    Right, I forgot when it comes to any gun related issue or authoritarian issue (i.e., cops) you go MAGA stupid...trying to dodge and cloud the issue with a baseless personal attack.

FYI: my Pop's a retired NYPD Homicide Detective. So I GREW UP with cops and the cop mentality. Among his peers, they weren't thrilled with the issue of the GLOCK as a standard side arm, because (in their words), "it's too easy on the trigger like a toy....accidents are a hell of a lot more likely". Of course, that was his generation...but as my Pop's put it, "a .38 will kill you just as dead as a any other gun used right". Brother, I could relate some stories that would have sitting up at nights. So no, I don't hate cops...I hate lazy, bad & corrupt cops. Capice?

Please explain to the reading audience WTF your little litany has to do with the FACTS regarding police abuse that goes from unwarranted arrest, excessive or unnecessary force, civilian injuries and shootings that were unwarranted?

Here's a primer for you to consider. After reading please click on the internal links for further edification of the subject.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/how-w...w-enforcement/
    Last edited by Taichiliberal; 12-06-2022 at 10:13 PM.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

7. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Right, I forgot when it comes to any gun related issue or authoritarian issue (i.e., cops) you go MAGA stupid...
    Your hate burns like a fire.

8. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Your hate burns like a fire.
    Yep, I hate it when you go MAGA stupid, because you act like our resident MAGA minions...all supposition and conjecture, dodges, detours, smoke blowing. Case in point, you can't/won't deal with my last response.

Now if you stay true to form, your response here will be more "if this is true then that must be true, so I'm right and you're wrong" BS. Or just some schoolyard insult. Whatever, my man. Whatever.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

9. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yep, I hate
    Agreed. That's why I see little difference between you and the worst White Supremacist douchebags.

10. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Agreed. That's why I see little difference between you and the worst White Supremacist douchebags.
    Ahhh, full MAGA stupid....editing responses to suit your narrative when a click on the arrow shows your dishonesty.

You're done on this, Dutch. Go shower off the stink of MAGA. I leave you to the last predictable word here.

George Orwell

11. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

MAGA stupid....
    Exactly. I fail to see why are you one iota better than the worst MAGAt idiot on JPP or anywhere else.

12. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

San Francisco cancels killer police robots after backlash

The decision to table the controversial killer robots comes one week after the city approved the plan by a vote of 8-3 on Nov. 29. The board of supervisors has faced fierce criticism since the vote from civil liberties groups who protested outside San Francisco's City Hall.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2022...5041670391290/
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

13. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    San Francisco cancels killer police robots after backlash

The decision to table the controversial killer robots comes one week after the city approved the plan by a vote of 8-3 on Nov. 29. The board of supervisors has faced fierce criticism since the vote from civil liberties groups who protested outside San Francisco's City Hall.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2022...5041670391290/
    Fucking liberals. Texas will lead the charge with killer robots to take down terrorists and drug dealers.

14. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Fucking liberals. Texas will lead the charge with killer robots to take down terrorists and drug dealers.
    and you'll be ok with the 'collateral' damage, right? as long as your preferred targets are taken out?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

15. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    and you'll be ok with the 'collateral' damage, right? as long as your preferred targets are taken out?
    No, unlike you, I'm not okay with collateral damage. I favor precision. Robots can provide the precision to put a round through the head of the terrorist and/or drug cartel soldier without harming innocents.