Members banned from this thread: Theywillneverlearn!

Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Senate approves historic legislation to protect same-sex marriages

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,976 Times in 32,291 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    if that's all you have, grammar nazism and 'just the way it is' mentality, you have not shown yourself to be smarter than anyone, except maybe evince.
    dude....there is no greater grammer "nazism" than to say from hereon, everyone must change the meaning of "marriage" to include same sex relationships.......if two men want to have a relationship that is their business......if they want me to pretend its something it isn't, fuck off.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (12-01-2022)

3. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    no, but civilization itself is premised upon some kind of agreed upon framework for behavior, aka morality, whether derived from a specific religion or from more generalized system of some kind of cooperative behavior.

like no murdering....etc.
    and I agree that humanity, or civilization, has morals, but morality can be subjective. i.e. no murdering, yet capital punishment is sanctioned and approved..........
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

4. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

my statement was that government had no business dealing with marriage, period
    so why do you support the government dealing with marriage?.....my point is the government and the gays can pretend their new laws have meaning......they don't.....its all pretend and we should just ignore it........
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (12-01-2022)

6. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    dude....there is no greater grammer "nazism" than to say from hereon, everyone must change the meaning of "marriage" to include same sex relationships.......if two men want to have a relationship that is their business......if they want me to pretend its something it isn't, fuck off.....
    pretending it's something that it isn't? I ask again, without the ad hom, WHAT IS MARRIAGE??????? if you can't answer that, just say so.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

7. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

nowhere is that a requirement in humanity. There are people out there that don't believe in God, but do have morality.
    sure.....you've chosen how you want to live your life......you have a morality......that will serve you well as long as you live......its afterwards that you are fucked.......not my problem.......

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (12-01-2022)

9. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

pretending it's something that it isn't? I ask again, without the ad hom, WHAT IS MARRIAGE??????? if you can't answer that, just say so.
    stop being a cunt......marriage is what it always was and always will be.......the fact the government pretends it now includes same sex relationships hasn't changed that.......

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (12-01-2022)

11. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,326 Times in 9,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 511 Times in 484 Posts
    Blog Entries

and I agree that humanity, or civilization, has morals, but morality can be subjective. i.e. no murdering, yet capital punishment is sanctioned and approved..........
    im open to eliminating it

that conflict doesn't 'disprove all government' or whatever you think.

so you are fine with laws against murder generally?

for the record?
    morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition
    https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/trump

12. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,077 Times in 7,507 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,104 Times in 1,049 Posts

Marriage is a word that had no place in the law as it has implications that are not under the purview of the law.

We should refer to them in the law as "civil unions," and any two people who wish to enter one should have the right to do so if the state wished to recognize them for anybody at all.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

13. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

so why do you support the government dealing with marriage?.....my point is the government and the gays can pretend their new laws have meaning......they don't.....its all pretend and we should just ignore it........
    I don't support it at all, which is why in the beginning I said it was a bullshit attempt at a law because it is covered under the full faith and credit clause

14. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Richard Saunders View Post
    Either Trump was elected or he was not elected.

poor mindless child......neither Trump or Biden had been elected president at the time Obama was in office........it that is the sum total of your defense of Obama's massive economic failure, you are less than petty.....

15. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

stop being a cunt......marriage is what it always was and always will be.......the fact the government pretends it now includes same sex relationships hasn't changed that.......
    so you have no answer, other than ad homs. all you had to say.

16. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    im open to eliminating it

that conflict doesn't 'disprove all government' or whatever you think.

so you are fine with laws against murder generally?

for the record?
    same as I am with laws against rape, child abuse, and theft. But understand that I don't need a law against rape to tell me that rape is immoral and evil.

17. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,188 Times in 33,874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

same as I am with laws against rape, child abuse, and theft. But understand that I don't need a law against rape to tell me that rape is immoral and evil.
    Laws are made for consequences for one’s actions, they do not determine morality or evil.

18. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I don't support it at all, which is why in the beginning I said it was a bullshit attempt at a law because it is covered under the full faith and credit clause
    then why are you defending it.....

19. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Laws are made for consequences for one’s actions, they do not determine morality or evil.
    I agree