Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Rep. Paul Gosar's tweet is a reminder that Arizona is still crazy

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    16,054
    Thanks
    10,900
    Thanked 19,377 Times in 9,029 Posts
    Groans
    1,444
    Groaned 1,422 Times in 1,252 Posts

    Default Rep. Paul Gosar's tweet is a reminder that Arizona is still crazy

    While recent election results restored some measure of sanity to Arizona’s political lineup, Republican Rep. Paul Gosar took the opportunity to remind us all that there is still plenty of madness on the roster.

    Although, I doubt that sad reality had escaped most of us.

    We know that the frivolous and unfounded legal challenges by election losers like Kari Lake and Abe Hamadeh will be tossed by the courts soon enough, but Arizona will continue to be stuck with the reputation for electing unhinged cranks thanks to the cankerous bile oozing from politicians like Gosar, state Sen. Wendy Rogers and others.

    Gosar, for example, seized the occasion of Thanksgiving weekend to express his undying support for the criminal insurrectionists who stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, an event that led to at least four deaths, injured 150 or so police officers and caused millions of dollars in damage.

    Still, in a social media post Gosar said, “The treatment of the Jan. 6 protestors is inhumane and unacceptable. They deserve much more than an immediate pardon, but it would be a good start.”

    Gosar, Rogers are linked to a white nationalist

    This from someone who swore an oath to preserve and protect the U.S. Constitution.

    Not only does Gosar continue to get reelected, but Arizonans are well aware (or should be) that Gosar, like former President Donald Trump, has cozied up to white nationalist and Holocaust denier Nick Fuentes.

    https://www.yahoo.com/news/rep-paul-...140109806.html



  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

    Frank Apisa (11-29-2022), Guno צְבִי (11-28-2022), Phantasmal (11-29-2022), ThatOwlWoman (11-28-2022)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Posts
    1,157
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 285 Times in 210 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 32 Times in 29 Posts

    Default

    America is done.

  4. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    87,412
    Thanks
    144,198
    Thanked 81,646 Times in 52,165 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 4,654 Times in 4,373 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by America View Post
    America is done.
    Nope, we're not. We are still a country of patriots and warriors, who don't need ARs and stupidity to protect democracy.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

    Guno צְבִי (11-28-2022), LurchAddams (11-28-2022), signalmankenneth (11-28-2022)

  6. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    22,654
    Thanks
    1,414
    Thanked 15,251 Times in 9,345 Posts
    Groans
    101
    Groaned 1,891 Times in 1,780 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by America View Post
    America is done.
    If you are referring to yourself….we knew that.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

    LurchAddams (11-28-2022)

  8. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    27,505
    Thanks
    5,209
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    1,263
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Nope, we're not. We are still a country of patriots and warriors, who don't need ARs and stupidity to protect democracy.
    You're too nice. You may think that way but I assure you those who are in conflict with you are not that nice, they like AR's. You don't want to fight and that's a good thing but you still should know how to. The AR is a massive force multiplier, that's why our politicians fear them and anything they're afraid of is good in my book.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

  9. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Posts
    1,157
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 285 Times in 210 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 32 Times in 29 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Nope, we're not. We are still a country of patriots and warriors, who don't need ARs and stupidity to protect democracy.
    America is too divided.

  10. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Posts
    1,157
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 285 Times in 210 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 32 Times in 29 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    If you are referring to yourself….we knew that.
    I'm referring to our country. The Republicans are retarded jackasses and the liberals are self-righteous morons. There can be no compromise when you have extremists in office. We can thank Mother Russia for helping to elect Trump by spreading bullshit propaganda on social media. America is downhill from here.

  11. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    87,412
    Thanks
    144,198
    Thanked 81,646 Times in 52,165 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 4,654 Times in 4,373 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    You're too nice. You may think that way but I assure you those who are in conflict with you are not that nice, they like AR's. You don't want to fight and that's a good thing but you still should know how to. The AR is a massive force multiplier, that's why our politicians fear them and anything they're afraid of is good in my book.
    Anyone with sense fears them. They are designed only for one thing: killing large numbers of human beings at a time. Even if I started carrying my .357 everywhere I go, is that going to stop some whackjob with an AR? I doubt it.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

  12. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    87,412
    Thanks
    144,198
    Thanked 81,646 Times in 52,165 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 4,654 Times in 4,373 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by America View Post
    America is too divided.
    It is. How do we fix that?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

  13. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Posts
    19,385
    Thanks
    13,535
    Thanked 8,673 Times in 6,440 Posts
    Groans
    5,222
    Groaned 518 Times in 497 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by America View Post
    I'm referring to our country. The Republicans are retarded jackasses and the liberals are self-righteous morons. There can be no compromise when you have extremists in office. We can thank Mother Russia for helping to elect Trump by spreading bullshit propaganda on social media. America is downhill from here.
    Republicans have embraced white supremacy and long for a dictatorship, so they don't have to worry about the majority anymore. Democrats want to save our democracy for everyone.

    I don't know what Democrat hurt you, but your perception of Democrats being "self-righteous" when they are the only ones protecting our democracy and standing in the world, says a lot about you.
    ================================================== =

    There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to LurchAddams For This Post:

    ThatOwlWoman (11-29-2022)

  15. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Posts
    1,157
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 285 Times in 210 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 32 Times in 29 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LurchAddams View Post
    Republicans have embraced white supremacy and long for a dictatorship, so they don't have to worry about the majority anymore. Democrats want to save our democracy for everyone.

    I don't know what Democrat hurt you, but your perception of Democrats being "self-righteous" when they are the only ones protecting our democracy and standing in the world, says a lot about you.
    I'm referring to the woke nonsense that Democrats pander to. I'm 100% a Democrat and a secular humanist, but I'm more along the lines of Bill Maher, Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, etc. Too many Democrats today care more about transgender bathrooms than they do the real issues, like global warming, peak oil, overpopulation, wealth inequality, etc.

  16. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Posts
    19,385
    Thanks
    13,535
    Thanked 8,673 Times in 6,440 Posts
    Groans
    5,222
    Groaned 518 Times in 497 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by America View Post
    I'm referring to the woke nonsense that Democrats pander to. I'm 100% a Democrat and a secular humanist, but I'm more along the lines of Bill Maher, Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, etc. Too many Democrats today care more about transgender bathrooms than they do the real issues, like global warming, peak oil, overpopulation, wealth inequality, etc.
    As long as we have a democracy where everyone has the power of their vote and respects each other's right to exist, bathrooms will take care of themselves. Regarding bathrooms: It's not LGBTQ people who are the danger. It's the macho football coach, gymnastics coach, the clergyman, or in Jim Jordan's case, the wrestling coach that abuse our children, not LGBTQ people.
    ================================================== =

    There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

  17. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    27,505
    Thanks
    5,209
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    1,263
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Anyone with sense fears them. They are designed only for one thing: killing large numbers of human beings at a time. Even if I started carrying my .357 everywhere I go, is that going to stop some whackjob with an AR? I doubt it.
    Of course it won't, the guy with the AR can hit you from 3 football fields away with one week of training. Can you do that with a .357?
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

  18. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    87,412
    Thanks
    144,198
    Thanked 81,646 Times in 52,165 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 4,654 Times in 4,373 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    Of course it won't, the guy with the AR can hit you from 3 football fields away with one week of training. Can you do that with a .357?
    Nope, hence my comment that lugging it around in case of a mass shooter is pointless.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

  19. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    27,505
    Thanks
    5,209
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    1,263
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Nope, hence my comment that lugging it around in case of a mass shooter is pointless.
    I don't understand what you're saying here.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

Similar Threads

  1. Louie Gohmert and Paul Gosar 'may have had serious cognitive issues,
    By Guno צְבִי in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-03-2022, 10:35 PM
  2. Rep. Paul Gosar's Fascist Fantasy
    By signalmankenneth in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-01-2021, 11:29 AM
  3. Paul Gosar retweets same video aimed at AOC after House censures him
    By Guno צְבִי in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-18-2021, 03:59 PM
  4. WOW - Paul Gosar got BITCH SLAPPED by AOC
    By Bourbon in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-09-2021, 05:57 PM
  5. Just a reminder, trump was CRAZY!!!
    By Walt in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-28-2021, 08:58 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •