Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Political Wimps and Weasels 2022

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goat View Post
    You can't deal with being called out as a blowhard. You can't have an adult conversation. Your cover has been exposed.
    I absolutely can, Hell I admit it more often than not. But, you put words in my mouth, more than once in this thread. Are you arguing with me or with yourself?
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,938 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 168 Times in 158 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    I absolutely can, Hell I admit it more often than not. But, you put words in my mouth, more than once in this thread. Are you arguing with me or with yourself?
    The county and the courts have a thousand ways to get around the 2nd amendment.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The county and the courts have a thousand ways to get around the 2nd amendment.
    What the fuck does this have to do with what I said?

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You can't get around the Second Amendment no matter how bad you want to.
    What the fuck does this have to do with what I said?
    You're too stupid to know what you said.

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You're too stupid to know what you said.
    I know what I said to taichi, you're too stupid to know what I meant. Taichi is a little proggy, the Sheriff doesn't have a damn thing to do with why he said what he said or my response to him. You are a bit of a fuckwit and you're starting to bore me. Be better probable woke fuck.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I know what I said to taichi, you're too stupid to know what I meant. Taichi is a little proggy, the Sheriff doesn't have a damn thing to do with why he said what he said or my response to him. You are a bit of a fuckwit and you're starting to bore me. Be better probable woke fuck.
    Sounds like a Hawkeye excuse.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 84 Times in 79 Posts

If I'm an adult American citizen who has diagnosed Down's Syndrome can I legally purchase a firearm?

Dachshund - the Wonder Hound

DLM....Dachshund Lives Matter !

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,937 Times in 13,200 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    This Sunday morning on Meet the Press (4) and Face the Nation (2) I watched Colorado governor Jared Polis essentially avoided just saying plainly that a major deterrent to the mass shootings that plague Colorado (and the country) would be to re-instate the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban. Instead, he pushed a "just one part" of a series of initiatives to address the problem. Then you had Rep. James Comer (R-KY) parrot the usual GOP line that new gun laws won't address the issue, that it's a mental health issue. Thing is, the last time new funding for national mental health initiatives was on the Congressional floor, only 1 Republican voted in favor of it.

Bottom line: The 1994 AWB didn't stop gun crime and it didn't deprive law abiding citizens access to a plethora of shotguns, rifles, revolvers, semi-automatics, hunting rifles, etc. But as soon as it sunset in 2004 (with GOP approval) the assault rifle of choice for the majority of mass shootings since has been the very weapons on that ban list.

A matter of history, a matter of fact. It ain't rocket science folks.
    Another idiot that can't grasp that another gun law wouldn't have done a damn thing. The ones on the books were supposed to be sufficient to prevent the lunatic in the Colorado shooting from getting a firearm, but they failed and didn't. Hunter Biden shouldn't have been able to purchase a hand gun, but lied on the background check form, and when caught doing so, the feds DID NOTHING to arrest and charge him with the felony he committed. If the government cannot or will not enforce the laws on the books as written what good will more laws on those same books do?

Also, assault rifles are not the weapon of choice for 99% of gun crimes, so banning them to maybe--maybe but unlikely--prevent 1% of gun crimes is an absurd stupidity. Enforce the laws already in place, don't make more that can't be enforced.

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,640 Times in 4,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,357 Times in 1,282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Hey toodles! I see you're once again reading and responding to my posts (which you have said aren't worth doing either). Seems you've got issues.

But putting that aside, let me reiterate ...
    Bottom line: The 1994 AWB didn't stop gun crime and it didn't deprive law abiding citizens access to a plethora of shotguns, rifles, revolvers, semi-automatics, hunting rifles, etc. But as soon as it sunset in 2004 (with GOP approval) the assault rifle of choice for the majority of mass shootings since has been the very weapons on that ban list.

So your response is based on historical error on your part (willfully or ignorantly). Carry on.

Did I say that? Really? IIRC you are the one who said more than once that you were sorry you took me off of ignore so go play your transference games with someone else sweet cheeks.

As for the rest of your stuff, what weapon is used in the vast majority of gun crimes? Here's a hint, it isn't a so-called assault weapon. This is why I said what I said, I don't think you're based in reality right now. This is what you get when you let others dictate reality to you...stop doing that. You of all people should know better.
    1. YOU make a generic accusation regarding the 2nd Amendment. As I demonstrated, NOTHING I said alludes to, insinuates or implies that the 1994 AWB in any way shape or form attempt to "get around" that amendment. So you were wrong to post such, and you can't weasel out of it because the chronology of the post is there for all to see your folly.

2. And I know you can read and you're not totally stupid. You just like to lie. I highlighted exactly what I meant to say. Also, your personal version of reality is irrelevant, as the Congressional report shows: https://oversight.house.gov/sites/de...%20Hearing.pdf

3. You only fool/convince the guy you see in the mirror with your drivel. Bottom line: I announce quite plainly how I put jokers who deteriorate to idiot troll status that they are on the ignore list for a month or so. During that time, trolls like YOU continue to post on my responses and threads despite the system notifying you that you are ignore and I can't see your posts. So after a month or so, I see what the MAGA dogs climbing my leg are saying...as I did here with you. As I said, YOU are the one who can't debate worth a damn, and when you lose you claim that my posts/threads are irrational and are not worth reading. YET HERE YOU ARE. So maybe you should just ignore me...makes you look less stupid when you do otherwise. Carry on.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,640 Times in 4,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,357 Times in 1,282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    This Sunday morning on Meet the Press (4) and Face the Nation (2) I watched Colorado governor Jared Polis essentially avoided just saying plainly that a major deterrent to the mass shootings that plague Colorado (and the country) would be to re-instate the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban. Instead, he pushed a "just one part" of a series of initiatives to address the problem. Then you had Rep. James Comer (R-KY) parrot the usual GOP line that new gun laws won't address the issue, that it's a mental health issue. Thing is, the last time new funding for national mental health initiatives was on the Congressional floor, only 1 Republican voted in favor of it.

Another idiot that can't grasp that another gun law wouldn't have done a damn thing. The ones on the books were supposed to be sufficient to prevent the lunatic in the Colorado shooting from getting a firearm, but they failed and didn't. Hunter Biden shouldn't have been able to purchase a hand gun, but lied on the background check form, and when caught doing so, the feds DID NOTHING to arrest and charge him with the felony he committed. If the government cannot or will not enforce the laws on the books as written what good will more laws on those same books do?

Also, assault rifles are not the weapon of choice for 99% of gun crimes, so banning them to maybe--maybe but unlikely--prevent 1% of gun crimes is an absurd stupidity. Enforce the laws already in place, don't make more that can't be enforced.
    You can parrot squawk that BS as long and loud as you want, TD....but you can't erase the FACTS:

1) the large proportion of weapons used in mass shootings were previously on the 1994 AWB that the GOP was happy to let sunset (per vote).

2) Red flag laws are just one reason why squawking "enforce the laws on the books" ain't working for the 50 states. Also, in order to close "iron pipelines", you need some type of unifying law for all states. The GOP fights against this consistently. So think it through before you parrot mantras and talking points.

3) NRA flunkies like you love to run to percentages to defend your psychotic reactions to any gun control legislation. I tell you what, why don't you personally visit the surviving family & friends of people killed by assault rifles in the last 30 years and tell them that it's no big deal statistics wise and it's a necessary evil for your mental comfort zone. Good luck with that.

As I said, it ain't rocket science folks. Bring back the 1994 AWB.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-29-2022)

12. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,903 Times in 6,593 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 537 Times in 514 Posts
    Blog Entries

Kids are terrified in their classrooms now. We need to get guns off our streets. Period.
    ================================================== =

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

13. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 119 Times in 117 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LurchAddams View Post
    Kids are terrified in their classrooms now. We need to get guns off our streets. Period.
    You and Thaichi are the problem.Useless, no testosterone. Typical democrats.

14. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,179 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Well, to be perfectly honest, all it takes to supplant an amendment is create an amendment to the amendment!

However, people are never going to do away with the 2nd Amendment, as- as many Democrats own guns as Republicans- MAYBE NOT A STOCKPILE OF MILITARY WEAPONS- but at least one gun or another.

Are sensible gun laws forthcoming?

YEP! LOOKS THAT WAY!
    Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 11-30-2022 at 12:33 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

Taichiliberal (11-29-2022)

16. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,628 Times in 21,489 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,633 Times in 5,141 Posts
    Blog Entries

There is a love ne somewhere because nuclear arms are illegal for personal ownership, so are flame throwers.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

17. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,937 Times in 13,200 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

You can parrot squawk that BS as long and loud as you want, TD....but you can't erase the FACTS:

1) the large proportion of weapons used in mass shootings were previously on the 1994 AWB that the GOP was happy to let sunset (per vote).
    Wrong.

Of the 48 total mass shootings since 2004, 13 featured semiautomatic or assault rifles
    https://www.bustle.com/articles/1675...matic-rifle-on

Handguns have been used in about 75 percent of mass shootings since 1982, research by Statista shows.
    https://www.newsweek.com/ar15-rifles...s-2022-1760963

The type of gun used in most US homicides is not an AR-15
    Handguns are used in nearly two-thirds of the nation’s gun murders.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/type-gun-u...ry?id=78689504

2) Red flag laws are just one reason why squawking "enforce the laws on the books" ain't working for the 50 states. Also, in order to close "iron pipelines", you need some type of unifying law for all states. The GOP fights against this consistently. So think it through before you parrot mantras and talking points.
    Doesn't change one iota what I stated earlier. If the laws on the books go unenforced and don't work primarily because they are being ignored or selectively enforced, putting more laws on the books won't solve a thing.

3) NRA flunkies like you love to run to percentages to defend your psychotic reactions to any gun control legislation. I tell you what, why don't you personally visit the surviving family & friends of people killed by assault rifles in the last 30 years and tell them that it's no big deal statistics wise and it's a necessary evil for your mental comfort zone. Good luck with that.

As I said, it ain't rocket science folks. Bring back the 1994 AWB.
    Appeal to emotion. We shouldn't be making law based on feelings.