Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Republicans Need to Get Rid of Trump to Win in 2024

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,859 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LurchAddams View Post
    I'd appreciate it if your sock would leave me alone too, Into the Night. I'm serious. I do not wish to hear from you anymore.

Thank you.
    I have no socks, and you can't tell me what to do. This is a public forum, thus I can respond to any post that I feel like responding to, whether you happen to like it or not.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gfm7175 For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (11-28-2022)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    I think that a Trump independent candidacy would have a showing that bests Perot's runs in 1992 and 1996.
    Well, that shouldn't be difficult.

Perot got less than 19% of the vote in 1992 and a whopping 8.4% in 1996...
    Life is better when you live it on your own terms...

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Street Glider View Post
    And, by doing so, you could be a large part of the reason for a democrat victory in 2024.
    More RNC club language from you, I see.

A "DNC club victory" in 2024 is no different than a "RNC club victory" in 2024. They both will implement the same shitty economic policies that have harmed the working class for a number of decades now. Ever wonder how and why the "Rust Belt" got its name? And yes, I live in the Rust Belt so I have seen firsthand how the DNC/RNC club economic policies have harmed manufacturing in my State.

I am not to blame for the leadership failings of the Republican Party. I am not to blame for actually taking a stand against the Uniparty DNC/RNC club system that doesn't give a damn about me.

If Trump runs 3rd party (and, remember, a 3rd party candidate has never won) would you vote for Trump knowing that his victory is highly unlikely, and that splitting the GOP would likely put a democrat in the Oval Office for another four years?
    Yes, I would, and I would feel good about it too, knowing that I would no longer be voting for my abusers within the RNC club.

We are sooooo far beyond Democrat vs Republican, dude, and (s)elections have now gotten to the point where voters don't even matter anymore (ballots are all that matter now).

Loyalty is great. Blind loyalty is not...
    Your blind loyalty to the Republican Party is pathetic.

My eyes are wide open to the corrupt Uniparty system, dude. I am loyal to the MAGA movement that actually represents me, not to the RNC club faction of the Uniparty that abhors me.

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

More RNC club language from you, I see.

A "DNC club victory" in 2024 is no different than a "RNC club victory" in 2024. They both will implement the same shitty economic policies that have harmed the working class for a number of decades now. Ever wonder how and why the "Rust Belt" got its name? And yes, I live in the Rust Belt so I have seen firsthand how the DNC/RNC club economic policies have harmed manufacturing in my State.

I am not to blame for the leadership failings of the Republican Party. I am not to blame for actually taking a stand against the Uniparty DNC/RNC club system that doesn't give a damn about me.

Yes, I would, and I would feel good about it too, knowing that I would no longer be voting for my abusers within the RNC club.

We are sooooo far beyond Democrat vs Republican, dude, and (s)elections have now gotten to the point where voters don't even matter anymore (ballots are all that matter now).

Your blind loyalty to the Republican Party is pathetic.

My eyes are wide open to the corrupt Uniparty system, dude. I am loyal to the MAGA movement that actually represents me, not to the RNC club faction of the Uniparty that abhors me.
    I wonder what policies you refer to that have hurt the working class?

Could it be republican failure to raise the minimum wage?
    Could it be the anti union stance of republicans
    Could it be the inability to produce a better health care plan, as they promised?
    Could it be the massive debt incurred by the last administration?
    Could it be their attempt to provide private school vouchers for those fleeing public education?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to floridafan For This Post:

LurchAddams (11-29-2022)

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,247 Times in 13,970 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

So,

Republicans are basically fucked with twump in the mix of candidates. If twump wins the primary, he'll lose in the general. It twump loses the R primary, which he likely will, he'll just switch to Independant, split the conservative vote, allowing the Democrat to sail to victory.

Republican's only prayer to win in 24 is to get rid of twump. Look for someone with information to offer up immunity in exchange for dumping dirt on twump, like Bannon, for example. Others, previously refusing to testify to congress will have a sudden "change of heart".

If Republicans have any prayer for victory nationally, they need to dump twump.

It's their only hope, Obi-wan!
    Shhhhh, the Democrats dream is for Trump to run, don’t reinforce the reality that America is sick of Trump and his MAGA schtick, let’s encourage the right to support the Orange man to their fullest

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

LurchAddams (11-28-2022), Port Tack (11-30-2022)

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, that shouldn't be difficult.

Perot got less than 19% of the vote in 1992 and a whopping 8.4% in 1996...
    It IS very difficult, actually... Can you name all of the times over the last 100 years in which an independent candidate carried a state and/or received 5% of what gets dubbed as the "popular vote"?

I can. Only a handful have done it:

Strom Thurmond - 1948 - 2.4%
    John B. Anderson - 1980 - 6.6%
    Ross Perot - 1996 - 8.4%
    George Wallace - 1968 - 13.5%
    Bob LaFollette - 1924 - 16.6%
    Ross Perot - 1992 - 18.9%
    Last edited by gfm7175; 11-28-2022 at 10:44 AM.

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,247 Times in 13,970 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

It IS very difficult, actually... Can you name all of the times over the last 100 years in which an independent candidate carried a state and/or received 5% of what gets dubbed as the "popular vote"?

Ross Perot - 1996 - 8.4%
    Hey, with your logic, and refusal to accept reality, Trump could win as an independent, if he didn’t, you, and Trump, can just say he did, and solve that problem

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    I wonder what policies you refer to that have hurt the working class?
    Biden's "green new deal" energy policies, for starters.

Could it be republican failure to raise the minimum wage?
    Minimum wage laws are price controls. They only cause shortages, harming the working class.

Could it be the anti union stance of republicans
    Unions largely just bleed their companies dry these days, harming the working class.

Could it be the inability to produce a better health care plan, as they promised?
    The Uniparty is to blame for shitty healthcare.

Could it be the massive debt incurred by the last administration?
    The Uniparty is to blame for massive debt.

Could it be their attempt to provide private school vouchers for those fleeing public education?
    Indoctrination is not education. Forcing taxpayers to pay for schooling/indoctrination for their whole lives, of which they only make use of for a number of years, is harming the working class.

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts

Ross Perot - 1996 - 8.4%
    Um...
    Life is better when you live it on your own terms...

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,910 Times in 21,670 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,696 Times in 5,198 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    The only way they're going to rid themselves of the Toadstool anchor 1) is if he dies before mid-2024, or 2) is convicted and sentenced before then. Otherwise, we'll be looking at at least four more years of (D) leadership bringing us out of the darkness. Maybe they can pay a QNut to assassinate him and make it look like some LW plot. lol
    I hope you are correct, but I think they might wholesale abandon him and pretend he never existed.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

LurchAddams (11-29-2022), ThatOwlWoman (11-28-2022)

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You know: This is a conspiracy theory thread, but here's my theory #2: Perhaps the DOJ is "slow-walking" twump's indictment just to keep him in the field of candidates, knowing he'll sabotage the Republicans chances. So, Garland will bide his time, let the primaries happen, let twump lose, and take the GOP party with him and when the damage is done, and Biden is reelected, indict twump!

Maybe Garland's been "playing chess" all along?
    Garland does not play chess, but I am sure there are plenty in the Trump party wishing he would be indicted already.

44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

LurchAddams (11-28-2022), Port Tack (11-30-2022), ThatOwlWoman (11-28-2022)

17. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If Trump runs against Biden, I think he could win. The average American voter is simply sick and tired of Biden and what's happened to our country with him at the helm, and let's not even talk about the fact that Biden would be 82 years old when starting his second term.

But, frankly, I don't see either Trump or Biden being their party's nominees.

For the GOP I think it'll end up being DeSantis. For the democrats I suspect it could be someone like Gavn Newsom who unseats Biden as the party standard bearer.

And I think DeSantis would win...

I think we are stuck with Biden, and I think Trump would lose to him again, but I also think its unlikely Trump will be nominated by the Republicans.

LOCK HIM UP!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

LurchAddams (11-29-2022)

19. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,043 Times in 6,686 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 543 Times in 519 Posts
    Blog Entries

I have no socks, and you can't tell me what to do. This is a public forum, thus I can respond to any post that I feel like responding to, whether you happen to like it or not.
    Just because "you can" doesn't mean you should. I've asked you several times not to talk to me. Your continuing to do so just proves what an evil bully you are.

It's all about harassment and cruelty with you. I feel sorry for all of us, including you, that you're here.
    ================================================== =

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to LurchAddams For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (11-28-2022)

21. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Shhhhh, the Democrats dream is for Trump to run, don’t reinforce the reality that America is sick of Trump and his MAGA schtick, let’s encourage the right to support the Orange man to their fullest
    Oh, I'm not worried. twump is like a stinky wind. No one can stop him, not me not the Republicans, no one. He's a monster the GOP has lost control of and now they're paying the price.

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to LurchAddams For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (11-28-2022)

23. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Garland does not play chess, but I am sure there are plenty in the Trump party wishing he would be indicted already.
    Like I said, I posted my hypothesis in the "conspiracy theory" section. It's fun to think Garland might be working with the Democrats to vanquish twump.