Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 198

Thread: Republicans Need to Get Rid of Trump to Win in 2024

  1. #76 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    75,779
    Thanks
    123,377
    Thanked 68,379 Times in 43,937 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 4,459 Times in 4,186 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Glider View Post
    It seems to me that you're more interested in having a President who can do well in a street fight as opposed to someone who can be, you know, a President.

    Now, I happen to agree with you regarding his conduct. He does act like a spoiled child at the mere hint of criticism or disagreement. But the fact of the matter is that we were in pretty good shape with him at the helm...
    He inherited a recovering economy from his predecessor, who in turn inherited a deep recession from *his* predecessor, and turned it around. In the Four Long Years of Sorrow, I have yet to have a single Trumpanzee tell me in any detail about which Trump policy(s) did anything to bolster the economy. If anything, his tariffs fucked it up -- we consumers are paying those tariffs, not China. Our farmers lost billions -- which our tax dollars helped to defray -- from the loss of soybean markets. Then there was the whole mishandling of the pandemic.

    I think I can speak for most of us when I say that we want a POTUS who is and behaves like an adult. You know, like Joe Biden does.
    "We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail." — Anand Giridharadas

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

    LurchAddams (11-30-2022)

  3. #77 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    8,786
    Thanks
    4,623
    Thanked 3,090 Times in 2,465 Posts
    Groans
    42
    Groaned 116 Times in 114 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Glider View Post
    Remarkably, yeah.

    But liberals still sought to blame him, and they did their level best to ensure that others didn't vote for Bush because of 9/11, despite the fact that he had nothing to do with it...
    Liberals also claimed, without evidence, that there was election fraud in both the 2000 and 2004 elections.

  4. #78 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    82,815
    Thanks
    8,065
    Thanked 28,666 Times in 18,234 Posts
    Groans
    277
    Groaned 4,747 Times in 4,317 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    Liberals also claimed, without evidence, that there was election fraud in both the 2000 and 2004 elections.
    Maybe, but they did not claim that the election was totally invalid. There is always some fraud, but, thank god, there has not been enough to overturn any big election. The liberals never tried to invalidate a valid result and conceded the race.
    4,487

    18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

    LurchAddams (11-30-2022)

  6. #79 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    64,124
    Thanks
    5,570
    Thanked 10,693 Times in 8,461 Posts
    Groans
    13
    Groaned 440 Times in 417 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LurchAddams View Post
    So,

    Republicans are basically fucked with twump in the mix of candidates. If twump wins the primary, he'll lose in the general. It twump loses the R primary, which he likely will, he'll just switch to Independant, split the conservative vote, allowing the Democrat to sail to victory.

    Republican's only prayer to win in 24 is to get rid of twump. Look for someone with information to offer up immunity in exchange for dumping dirt on twump, like Bannon, for example. Others, previously refusing to testify to congress will have a sudden "change of heart".

    If Republicans have any prayer for victory nationally, they need to dump twump.

    It's their only hope, Obi-wan!
    bullshit.

    trump is still beloved.

    this is just neocon/libertarian propaganda.
    Internationalist Fascism is fascism on an international scale, with multinational corporations achieving state capture over several states.

    Morality is a set of attitudes and behaviors which facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships. --Asshatzombie

    to be a libertarian you must believe the following:

    In the situation of fascism, a monolithic alignment of interests between the state and large corporations, corporations are blameless.


  7. #80 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    8,786
    Thanks
    4,623
    Thanked 3,090 Times in 2,465 Posts
    Groans
    42
    Groaned 116 Times in 114 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Maybe,
    Not maybe... they DID do that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    but they did not claim that the election was totally invalid.
    Yes, they did. They claimed that the Presidency was stolen from both Gore and Kerry.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    There is always some fraud,
    Right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    but, thank god, there has not been enough to overturn any big election.
    2018, 2020, and 2022 beg to differ.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    The liberals never tried to invalidate a valid result and conceded the race.
    Yes, they did. See Bush 2000, Bush 2004, Trump 2016, and Stacey Abrams 2018 for some examples.

  8. #81 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    16,898
    Thanks
    2,622
    Thanked 7,041 Times in 4,944 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 994 Times in 927 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Glider View Post
    It seems to me that you're more interested in having a President who can do well in a street fight as opposed to someone who can be, you know, a President.

    Now, I happen to agree with you regarding his conduct. He does act like a spoiled child at the mere hint of criticism or disagreement. But the fact of the matter is that we were in pretty good shape with him at the helm...
    No Sir! I don't know how you came to this conclusion based on what I wrote. Did I mention fighting skills, physical toughness, or violence in any way with regards to my definition of a man or a president?

    The answer is no!

    And in no way do I agree with you that we were in pretty good shape under Trump's helm. Under Trump's Helm (YOUR WORD NOT MINE), over a Million people died from a pandemic that he is personally responsible for making worse and more deadly, because he failed to work soon enough to take proper actions in trying to save the public from it's deadly sweep through our nation or around the world.. He basically, stood in the way of the efforts of the WHO and the CDC's public warnings and efforts to mitigate the pandemic. Not only that This criminal president corrupted every governmental department and agency he could or tried to shut them down completely. He also tried to end our allegiance with NATO, he cancelled the IRAN deal, and cancelled our alliance with the Paris Agreement.

    Other presidents tried to unify the nation after turning from the campaign trail to the White House. From his first days in Washington to his last, Trump seemed to revel in the political fight. He used his presidential megaphone to criticize a*long list*of perceived adversaries, from the news media to members of his own administration, elected officials in both political parties and foreign heads of state. The more than*26,000 tweets*he sent as president provided an unvarnished, real-time account of his thinking on a broad spectrum of issues and eventually proved so provocative that Twitter*permanently banned him*from its platform. In his final days in office, Trump became the first president ever to be*impeached twice*– the second time for inciting an insurrection at the U.S. Capitol during the certification of the election he lost – and the nation’s first chief executive in more than 150 years to*refuse to attend*his successor’s inauguration.

    Trump’s status as a political outsider, his outspoken nature and his willingness to upend past customs and expectations of presidential behavior made him a constant focus of public attention, as well as a source of deep partisan divisions.

    Conspiracy theories were an especially salient form of misinformation during Trump’s tenure, in many cases amplified by the*president himself. For example, nearly half of Americans (47%) said in September 2020 that they had heard or read a lot or a little about the collection of conspiracy theories*known as QAnon, up from 23% earlier in the year.4 Most of those aware of QAnon said Trump seemed to support the theory’s promoters.

    Trump frequently made disproven or questionable claims as president. News and fact-checking organizations documented thousands of his*false statements*over four years, on subjects ranging from the coronavirus to the economy. Perhaps none were more consequential than his repeated assertion of widespread fraud in the 2020 election he lost to Democrat Joe Biden. Even after courts around the country had rejected the claim and all 50 states had certified their results, Trump continued to say he had won a “landslide” victory. The false claim gained widespread currency among his voters: In a January 2021 survey,*three-quarters*of Trump supporters incorrectly said he was definitely or probably the rightful winner of the election.

    Throughout his tenure, Donald Trump questioned the legitimacy of democratic institutions, from the free press to the federal judiciary and the electoral process itself. In surveys conducted between 2016 and 2019, more than half of Americans said Trump*had little or no respect*for the nation’s democratic institutions and traditions, though these views, too, split sharply along partisan lines.*

    The 2020 election brought concerns about democracy into much starker relief. Even before the election, Trump had*cast doubt*on the security of mail-in voting and*refused to commit*to a peaceful transfer of power in the event that he lost. When he did lose, he refused to*publicly concede defeat, his campaign and allies filed dozens of*unsuccessful lawsuits*to challenge the results and Trump personally pressured state government officials to retroactively*tilt the outcome*in his favor.

    The weeks of legal and political challenges culminated on Jan. 6, 2021, when Trump addressed a crowd of supporters at a rally outside the White House and again falsely claimed the election had been “stolen.” With Congress meeting the same day to certify Biden’s win, Trump supporters*stormed the Capitol*in an attack that left five people dead and forced lawmakers to be evacuated until order could be restored and the certification could be completed. The House of Representatives impeached Trump a week later on a charge of inciting the violence, with 10 Republicans joining 222 Democrats in support of the decision.

    Look, I could go on here all day on how Trump damaged this nation under his HELM as you put it.

    BUT YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT MY MESSAGE, AND YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT YOUR ASSESSMENT OF THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY- THAT WE WERE IN GOOD SHAPE!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

    LurchAddams (11-30-2022)

  10. #82 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Location
    Northeastern Florida
    Posts
    1,243
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 317 Times in 252 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LurchAddams View Post

    "Biden's poor performance on almost every front has shaken many liberal voters."

    This is just wrong. His campaigning against the MAGAs destroying our democracy help halt the "red wave". Your statement can be proven objectively false. It's something you either heard on Fox News or it's your own personal fantasy. Democrats are going to continue to win elections as long as you throw your lot in with the white supremacists and election deniers.
    All I can tell you is that, if my daughter and son in law don't plan on voting for any of the "big 3" in the democratic party, it's because those big 3 are major fuck-ups...
    Life is better when you live it on your own terms...

  11. #83 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Location
    Northeastern Florida
    Posts
    1,243
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 317 Times in 252 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LurchAddams View Post
    So twump was in the "drivers seat" when we lost over a half-million people to Covid. According to your "logic" twump was to blame, correct?
    He was, and that's certainly something every single voter in this country should keep in mind.

    They should also keep in mind the fact that there have been far more Covid deaths while Biden's been in office.

    That's fair, yes?
    Life is better when you live it on your own terms...

  12. #84 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Location
    Northeastern Florida
    Posts
    1,243
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 317 Times in 252 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LurchAddams View Post
    We were in terrible shape. The world was laughing at this carnival barker you're talking about.

    I've figured out what turns you on about trump. It's NOT his policies, he has none.

    I've seen you spew Democrat and liberal hate here and deny the evil twump has done.

    You're a lib-bashing troll. He's a lib-bashing troll. That's his appeal to you. Period.
    You're retarded.

    I've been vocal with my criticism of him. The fact that you stupidly continue to spew contrary bullshit just makes you look even more retarded.

    And you already look really fuckin' retarded...
    Life is better when you live it on your own terms...

  13. #85 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Location
    Northeastern Florida
    Posts
    1,243
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 317 Times in 252 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    He inherited a recovering economy from his predecessor, who in turn inherited a deep recession from *his* predecessor, and turned it around. In the Four Long Years of Sorrow, I have yet to have a single Trumpanzee tell me in any detail about which Trump policy(s) did anything to bolster the economy. If anything, his tariffs fucked it up -- we consumers are paying those tariffs, not China. Our farmers lost billions -- which our tax dollars helped to defray -- from the loss of soybean markets.
    You know, a good policy isn;t only one which helps the economy.

    Trump's border policy was a good one. Our border is a fucking sieve compared to what it was when Trump was in office. Keeping illegal scumbag aliens out of this country is simply the right thing to do, and Biden took a great big dribbly shit all over that policy. Think about it: No one was having to fly illegal scumbag aliens around the country while Trump was in office...


    Then there was the whole mishandling of the pandemic.
    Also, keep in mind that there have been far more Covid deaths with Biden in office than there were when Trump was in office...

    I think I can speak for most of us when I say that we want a POTUS who is and behaves like an adult. You know, like Joe Biden does.
    I don't disagree that Trump often acted like a child. That's long been one of my problems with the guy. And, yeah, Biden does act like an adult. He acts like an octogenarian who can't count to three, wears Depends® and has Alzheimer's...
    Life is better when you live it on your own terms...

  14. #86 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    59,818
    Thanks
    6,082
    Thanked 12,888 Times in 9,611 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,905 Times in 2,693 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Glider View Post
    I've been vocal with my criticism of him.
    Why do you insist on bullshitting everyone with a new sock?

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Glider View Post
    You know, a good policy isn;t only one which helps the economy.

    Trump's border policy was a good one
    How come you created this sock in Nov 2021? Probably because you ran your old sock into the ground and lost all credibility...so you started over.

    Pathetic.
    "While you're worried about bad apples
    We're wary of the roots
    Because no healthy tree
    Naturally bears strange fruit"


    -Jessica Foster, June 2020

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

    LurchAddams (11-30-2022)

  16. #87 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    59,818
    Thanks
    6,082
    Thanked 12,888 Times in 9,611 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,905 Times in 2,693 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Glider View Post
    I've been vocal with my criticism of him.
    You haven't criticized Trump...not meaningfully. Apart from saying he acts like a child, you're full-throatedly lending your support to his policies, like here:

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Glider View Post
    You know, a good policy isn;t only one which helps the economy.

    Trump's border policy was a good one. Our border is a fucking sieve compared to what it was when Trump was in office. Keeping illegal scumbag aliens out of this country is simply the right thing to do, and Biden took a great big dribbly shit all over that policy. Think about it: No one was having to fly illegal scumbag aliens around the country while Trump was in office
    I can tolerate a lot of what the Nazis do here on JPP, but this rewriting of the history of your shitty sock is not something I can abide.
    "While you're worried about bad apples
    We're wary of the roots
    Because no healthy tree
    Naturally bears strange fruit"


    -Jessica Foster, June 2020

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

    LurchAddams (11-30-2022)

  18. #88 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    59,818
    Thanks
    6,082
    Thanked 12,888 Times in 9,611 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,905 Times in 2,693 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Glider View Post
    Also, keep in mind that there have been far more Covid deaths with Biden in office than there were when Trump was in office
    How is it Biden's fault that you would rather drink bleach than get vaccinated?
    "While you're worried about bad apples
    We're wary of the roots
    Because no healthy tree
    Naturally bears strange fruit"


    -Jessica Foster, June 2020

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

    LurchAddams (11-30-2022)

  20. #89 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    59,818
    Thanks
    6,082
    Thanked 12,888 Times in 9,611 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,905 Times in 2,693 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Glider View Post
    Also, keep in mind that there have been far more Covid deaths with Biden in office than there were when Trump was in office.
    Yeah, thanks to you repeating lies about COVID.

    All you did by running your big mouth was kill just enough Republican voters to make the difference in dozens of elections this year, specifically in Arizona.

    Your big, fat fucking mouth cost the GOP pretty much every single race in Arizona because 30K people died of COVID in the state and the margins for most the AZ elections were within that range, like the AZ AG race.

    You should learn your lesson and keep your trap shut because when you don't, you end up killing your own voters like an idiot.
    "While you're worried about bad apples
    We're wary of the roots
    Because no healthy tree
    Naturally bears strange fruit"


    -Jessica Foster, June 2020

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

    LurchAddams (11-30-2022)

  22. #90 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    59,818
    Thanks
    6,082
    Thanked 12,888 Times in 9,611 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,905 Times in 2,693 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Glider View Post
    I don't disagree that Trump often acted like a child. That's long been one of my problems with the guy. And, yeah, Biden does act like an adult. He acts like an octogenarian who can't count to three, wears Depends® and has Alzheimer's...
    So the criticism you have of Trump is just this...no criticism of anything else.

    So when you said you criticized Trump, what you meant to say was that you criticize one inconsequential part of him, but nothing he does or none of his policies.

    So do you honestly think that saying Trump is childish is legitimate criticism? Cause it seems like low hanging fruit.

    Or are you just a big fucking joke?
    "While you're worried about bad apples
    We're wary of the roots
    Because no healthy tree
    Naturally bears strange fruit"


    -Jessica Foster, June 2020

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

    LurchAddams (11-30-2022)

Similar Threads

  1. These prominent Republicans are speaking out against Trump’s 2024 run
    By signalmankenneth in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-22-2022, 07:29 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-21-2022, 08:59 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-18-2022, 07:52 PM
  4. Replies: 164
    Last Post: 05-09-2022, 10:34 AM
  5. Poll: Majority of Republicans, independents believe Trump will run in 2024
    By signalmankenneth in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-09-2020, 02:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •