Thread: Michigan - Ohio State.....

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,787 Times in 32,153 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Michigan - Ohio State.....

Where is Mott when you want to talk about football games?.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Meh it was a major disappointment but my sangfroid is intact. The folks aren’t panicking or making excuses like they’re making out in the press.

We’re pretty Luke warm about backin in if TCU and/or USC loses. Though a potential rematch would be intriguing.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

anonymoose (11-30-2022), TOP (12-03-2022)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,361 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Meh it was a major disappointment but my sangfroid is intact. The folks aren’t panicking or making excuses like they’re making out in the press.

We’re pretty Luke warm about backin in if TCU and/or USC loses. Though a potential rematch would be intriguing.
    That really sucked. I hate losing to Michigan at any time but at home, with a playoff birth on the line and being favored is not a game we should lose. Even though he's something like 41-4 I see there are calls for Day's job. People laugh but losing to Michigan twice in a row is no bueno. Obviously nothing's going to happen but to aim for the Captain Obvious award, he needs to win next year.

I also saw the President stepped down. She must have been like "if Day isn't going to step aside then I will because two losses in a row is unacceptable!" LOL.

5. The Following User Groans At cawacko For This Awful Post:

Mott the Hoople (12-02-2022)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (12-03-2022), TOP (12-03-2022)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well right at the moment it looks like we might get that rematch, Go Utes! Up 24-17 as of this posting.

You know I’m going to never let. Forget if USC loses this game and OSU backs in as a result. LOL

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Cawacko, from here in Columbus, I would like to thank you and USC from the bottom of my black little heart.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

TOP (12-03-2022)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,978 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leaningright For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (12-03-2022), TOP (12-03-2022)

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    Where is Mott when you want to talk about football games?.....
    Actually I give my congrats to UM. The fact of the matter is Dey played not to lose and our defense, particularly our secondary, played like pussies.

But backing into the CFP I’m looking forward to a rematch. The question everyone is asking now is will we get that rematch in the Qtr finals?

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts

I was surprised by the USC blowout, even though they had lost to the Utes earlier in the season.

That Michigan won is not the surprise. The margin of victory is what surprised me.

Now I just hope TCU wins. Otherwise, Bama might back into the CFP. And I don't want to see us humiliated on that stage.

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    I was surprised by the USC blowout, even though they had lost to the Utes earlier in the season.

That Michigan won is not the surprise. The margin of victory is what surprised me.

Now I just hope TCU wins. Otherwise, Bama might back into the CFP. And I don't want to see us humiliated on that stage.
    Conversely if OSU had won no one would have been surprised. Feelings are ambivalent here in Columbus, except for the die hards. We didn’t beat UM or win the conference. So yea we are perfectly aware that we’re backing in so we view ourselves as underdogs. It’s a bit odd that no conference champ in the PAC 12 or ACC that didn’t have just 1 loss.

But hey you’re spoiled. You had a winning record and you beat Auburn and you’re going to play a New Years Day Bowl and will probably win. So all in all y’all had a good year. I know, anything but a National Championship is unsatisfactory to Bama fans but not even Bama can win them all.

But Y’all don’t have a one game season to the degree we have.

So up here it’s like “Screw the National Championship we want michigan!”. So this is super high risk high reward. The best of all outcomes would be defeating michigan for the NC. It would be OSU’s greatest win ever. If we loose to UM it would be our most humiliating defeat ever. Imagine the horror of losing to Auburn twice in one season?

So right now in Cbus it’s all about redemption. There’s only two ways to redeem this season. Beat UM and/or win the NC.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

WinterBorn (12-03-2022)

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Cawacko, from here in Columbus, I would like to thank you and USC from the bottom of my black little heart.
    You're welcome. That sucked. We were at field level in the first half and Caleb was right in front of us riding the stationary bike and you could tell it wasn't good by the looks on the trainer and Riley's faces when they came to talk to him.

Hopefully the Bucks take advantage of the opportunity but Georgia is going to be tough to beat I'm afraid.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (12-07-2022)

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Not to start, but it isn’t a coincidence that three of the four schools in the finals are State schools, big money schools, traditionally big money schools, and leading NIL benefactors (https://www.action network.com/ncaaf/highest-paid-college-athletes-in-the-nil-era), as I’ve noted previously, money is the common denominator to winning in college sports

And it is only going to get worse

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    You're welcome. That sucked. We were at field level in the first half and Caleb was right in front of us riding the stationary bike and you could tell it wasn't good by the looks on the trainer and Riley's faces when they came to talk to him.

Hopefully the Bucks take advantage of the opportunity but Georgia is going to be tough to beat I'm afraid.
    Meh, we either beat them or we don’t. What really matters is if we do win then we absolutely have to beat UM or suffer the disgrace of the most humiliating defeat in OSU history.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

cawacko (12-07-2022)

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Not to start, but it isn’t a coincidence that three of the four schools in the finals are State schools, big money schools, traditionally big money schools, and leading NIL benefactors (https://www.action network.com/ncaaf/highest-paid-college-athletes-in-the-nil-era), as I’ve noted previously, money is the common denominator to winning in college sports

And it is only going to get worse
    Pac 12 - 12 teams, 2 private schools
    SEC - 14 teams, 1 private school
    Big 10 - 14 teams, 1 private school
    ACC - 14 teams, 4 private schools
    Big 12 - 12 teams, 2 private schools
    and then you have Notre Dame - private school

So considering that public schools far outnumber the private schools it's not all that shocking that public schools win more often. But that doesn't mean private schools can't win. And look at what Miami is doing with their N.I.L. They are at the top among giving deals to their athletes.

Of course money helps but if it were strictly money then schools like Texas and Texas A&M would win every year and that isn't the case.

22. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Meh, we either beat them or we don’t. What really matters is if we do win then we absolutely have to beat UM or suffer the disgrace of the most humiliating defeat in OSU history.
    Agreed. CAN NOT lose to Michigan twice in one season. (I think we beat them if we get a chance at a rematch.)

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Agreed. CAN NOT lose to Michigan twice in one season. (I think we beat them if we get a chance at a rematch.)
    This will be a defining moment if we do play for the national championship for Ryan Dey. In similar situations both Tressle and Meyer won the national championship.