Thread: Thanksgiving spirit! NYC commuters are treated to full turkey spread on stalled subwa

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,545 Times in 14,029 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Thanksgiving spirit! NYC commuters are treated to full turkey spread on stalled subwa

New York City subway riders stalled on the L-train in Brooklyn were treated to a Thanksgiving surprise when a full turkey dinner was served Wednesday in a train car.

Washington Post reporter Jada Yuan first shared footage of the spread to Instagram, taken from the outside of the train.

Yuan said that she was on the train at Bedford Avenue in Brooklyn when it stalled and the conductor instructed the riders to exit.

After exiting, the reporter noticed several people eating mac and cheese and looking 'happy' and 'laughing.' That's when she decided to investigate and stumbled upon a peculiar sight.

'I was in a different car and when I stepped onto the platform there were all these happy, laughing people scarfing down [mac] and cheese! (They said it was bomb.),' Yuan wrote.

The reporter said the doors remained closed as she recorded passengers scraping silver tins filled with sweet potatoes, mac and cheese, vegetables, and turkey.

'This was as close as I could get,' she wrote, captioning the video of her recording from the outside of the train.

Even after the doors closed, the group continued to serve, Yuan said.

She also confirmed that the food was distributed by Bea's Kitchen in New York.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/th...35a62af21fd465
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,545 Times in 14,029 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

“If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I guess NYC's stalled subway system isn't the topic........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”