Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Does a explicit gay scene in the media affects you in a bad way?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Does a gay scene in the media affects you in a bad way?

I am watching a PlutoTV movie that, of course, comes with commercials.

There's this scene in this commercial where two gay guys were riding a bike together, just sharing love and happiness.

I just saw it for the first time, I felt a very, very minor disgust rising from the bottom, no no no the BOTTOMEST OF THE BOTTOMEST of the pits of Hell.

"What the fuck?", I said. Then I realized I was raised that way and it's ingrained into my personhood since childhood.

"Yo that's how some people, especially honest Christian Republicans, were raised", I pontificated.

"Yup it is not their fault how they feel about it. It was how they were raised in a Fundamentalist Christian homes", nodding yes as I was thinking it.

Yo yep one of the sources of guilt, hatred, disgust, feeling sick, sinful, wanting to eliminate them (in this context, the source of the feelings), and so on.

So yuppers they are scared and afraid and they are extremely afraid of it.
    Last edited by AProudLefty; 11-24-2022 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Removing one word

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

Doc Dutch (11-24-2022), evince (11-25-2022), martin (11-26-2022)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,622 Times in 21,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

Gay or Stright, does not bother me, heck I might like it.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

AProudLefty (11-24-2022), evince (11-25-2022)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Gay or Stright, does not bother me, heck I might like it.
    Same here.

But try to get the point of my OP.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

evince (11-25-2022)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,737 Times in 14,332 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post

There's this scene in this commercial where two gay guys were riding a bike together, just sharing love and happiness.

I just saw it for the first time, I felt a very, very minor disgust rising from the bottom, no no no the BOTTOMEST OF THE BOTTOMEST of the pits of Hell.

"What the fuck?", I said. Then I realized I was raised that way and it's ingrained into my personhood since childhood.

"Yo that's how some people, especially honest Christian Republicans, were raised", I pontificated.

"Yup it is not their fault how they feel about it. It was how they were raised in a Fundamentalist Christian homes", nodding yes as I was thinking it.

Yo yep one of the sources of guilt, hatred, disgust, feeling sick, sinful, wanting to eliminate them (in this context, the source of the feelings), and so on.

They are now working gay couples into virtually every series on t.v.. My GF and I laugh whenever two guys are making out during a show. I don't care about their sexuality, but watching dudes kiss romantically kind of makes us laugh. In an 'eeewww' kind of way.

But...there's someone for everyone. Some people like skinny/heavy mates, and if you like the former you don't understand the attraction to the latter.

We don't judge, but it's still a little odd right now.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Althea For This Post:

AProudLefty (11-24-2022), evince (11-25-2022), LurchAddams (11-24-2022)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Same here.

But try to get the point of my OP.
    No

44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    They are now working gay couples into virtually every series on t.v.. My GF and I laugh whenever two guys are making out during a show. I don't care about their sexuality, but watching dudes kiss romantically kind of makes us laugh. In an 'eeewww' kind of way.

But...there's someone for everyone. Some people like skinny/heavy mates, and if you like the former you don't understand the attraction to the latter.

I understand. The point of my OP is that certain people born in the 50's to 70's were raised to feel that way. Hence the reason we have what we have today.

It isn't their fault so we should be careful to accuse them of hate and whatnot.

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No
    See above.

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

They need to grow beyond their upbringing and think about not imposing their fear on others. This is America!

LOCK HIM UP!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

AProudLefty (11-24-2022), Phantasmal (11-25-2022), ThatOwlWoman (11-24-2022)

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

They need to grow beyond their upbringing and think about not imposing their fear on others. This is America!
    Yes I agree. But it is hard to break out of a cult, and even if you broke out of it, you have a long process of recovering.

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes I agree. But it is hard to break out of a cult, and even if you broke out of it, you have a long process of recovering.
    I guess I’m thankful for my upbringing.

LOCK HIM UP!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

AProudLefty (11-24-2022)

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I guess I’m thankful for my upbringing.
    You are very, very lucky. Many, including myself, aren't.

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,737 Times in 14,332 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

I understand. The point of my OP is that certain people born in the 50's to 70's were raised to feel that way. Hence the reason we have what we have today.

It isn't their fault so we should be careful to accuse them of hate and whatnot.
    Once we grow up, we realize that we, along with everyone else, are attracted to a specific type. Once you grasp the fact that you have no control over who you are attracted to, you accept homosexuality without judgement.

Which doesn't make it less weird for us to watch, even if there is no judgement .

Honestly, I don't need to see anyone making out in the middle of a crime drama. No matter the gender.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

well its good to accept you are biased, trying to lie to yourself will only cause you greater harm.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,898 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 537 Times in 514 Posts
    Blog Entries

Love is love.
    ================================================== =

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LurchAddams For This Post:

Phantasmal (11-25-2022), Walt (11-24-2022)

22. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,898 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 537 Times in 514 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post

As long as it's done tastefully, what the heck? I think it's important to "normalize" same sex relationships to all viewers. It needs to be done.
    ================================================== =

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to LurchAddams For This Post:

Phantasmal (11-25-2022)