Thread: Putin's war grows catastrophic

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Putin's war grows catastrophic

Russian President Vladimir Putin's war in Ukraine is growing more "catastrophic" for the Russian military, which has been losing territory in the country for the past several months.

In an interview with The Daily Beast, United Kingdom Defense Secretary Ben Wallace outlined just how poorly things are going for Russia while also urging the Ukrainian military to keep pressing and maximize its advantages.

"A Russian unit was recently deployed with no food and no socks, and not many guns," Wallace told the publication. "That is catastrophic for a person going in the field... The Russians have scale, but are not very good. Well, most of the good ones are dead."

Wallace went on to describe the Russian strategy as being one giant "meat grinder" and he argued that "only a nation that does not care for its own people could send 100,000 of its own people to be either dead, injured, or deserted."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to floridafan For This Post:

Phantasmal (11-24-2022)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,509 Times in 7,590 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Russian President Vladimir Putin's war in Ukraine is growing more "catastrophic" for the Russian military, which has been losing territory in the country for the past several months.

In an interview with The Daily Beast, United Kingdom Defense Secretary Ben Wallace outlined just how poorly things are going for Russia while also urging the Ukrainian military to keep pressing and maximize its advantages.

"A Russian unit was recently deployed with no food and no socks, and not many guns," Wallace told the publication. "That is catastrophic for a person going in the field... The Russians have scale, but are not very good. Well, most of the good ones are dead."

Wallace went on to describe the Russian strategy as being one giant "meat grinder" and he argued that "only a nation that does not care for its own people could send 100,000 of its own people to be either dead, injured, or deserted."
    Is this your opinion or is there a link?
    I read a lot of stuff about the war every day. I gave up on The Daily Beast. It's too one sided about the war, much like The Express. Overly optimistic for Uk, overly pessimistic against Russia. I realize it's not going well for Russia but nevertheless, you'd think Ukraine will win any day now if all you read is The Daily Beast and The Express.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Is this your opinion or is there a link?
    I read a lot of stuff about the war every day. I gave up on The Daily Beast. It's too one sided about the war, much like The Express. Overly optimistic for Uk, overly pessimistic against Russia. I realize it's not going well for Russia but nevertheless, you'd think Ukraine will win any day now if all you read is The Daily Beast and The Express.
    Do you understand what an interview is?
    Do you think the UK defense secretary knows what's going on there?

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,509 Times in 7,590 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Do you understand what an interview is?
    Yes.
    Do you think the UK defense secretary knows what's going on there?
    Sorry. I had no idea you worked for The Daily Beast. Regardless you folks at The Daily Beast only present positive news for Uk. As if it's all positive.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

The average Ukrainian joined the war on Russia so how are they civilians now ?

It only make sense for Vlad to use winter as a weapon. Worked pretty well for Stalin and whoever was in charge when Napoleon went gunning for Russia.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,125 Times in 12,648 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,395 Posts
    Blog Entries

This is a war between the West and the New Chinese Empire....if you dont understand that much then you are nowhere.
    The bottom line is that conservatives cant admit to themselves the Evil they have allowed to romp on their watch.

This is going to hurt.