Thread: Gun violence shouldn't be politicized by either side

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,129 Times in 11,701 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    Gun powder is an explosive- It is dangerous!
    I assume you mean black powder. Most guns use nitrated cotton now for their propellent. Treat both with due respect.
    It's purchase and use must be regulated.
    Nah. I just make the stuff. It's really pretty easy. It's cheaper than buying it. I make both black powder and nitrated cotton.
    This is common knowledge. Or, At the very least, IT SHOULD BE!
    You don't get to speak for everyone. You only get to speak for you. Obviously you have no idea behind the chemistry of either black powder or nitrated cotton (gun cotton).
    It doesn't matter if the gun powder comes in the form of Dynamite.
    Dynamite does not contain black powder or nitrated cotton.
    Bullets,
    Bullets contain no explosive. They are usually lead castings, or lead plated with copper or brass. There are some plated with aluminum.
    Fireworks.
    Black powder is used in fireworks. Nitrated cotton is not.
    or handmade bombs- All is a danger to society- IF NOT REGULATED.
    A fireworks salute is a handmade bomb. I make them all the time. Yes, they should be treated with due respect.

Since you fear explosives, you shouldn't be driving on any roads made by them, using any coins (made with explosives!), or use any product containing copper, plastic, rare earth, iron, steel, aluminum, gravel, asphalt, or rubber. ALL depend on explosives.

If you miss this concept- We have deeper problems! Our problem is no longer just the things that make our society unsafe- OUR PROBLEM IS NOW STUPIDITY AND IGNORANCE FOR NOT UNDERSTANDING THIS VERY SIMPLE CONCEPT!!
    So carry a gun.
    Stupidity is what now is making us unsafe!
    So carry a gun.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    the problem is that you're not identifying the actual stupidity, which is that of believing that government and regulations make you safer. they do not, or we would be the safest fucking nation on the planet.
    Bingo.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

We are not the safest nation on the planet for one reason- GUN VIOLENCE IS DESTROYING OUR FREEDOMS HERE- Like attending church, attending school, going out to a night club, attending a concert or movie house, or simply buying groceries or watching a 4th of July parade without the fear of being gunned down by a GUNTARD who got all emotional after watching FOX NEWS!
    So carry a gun.

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Has nothing to do with being a coward- has to do with my personal preference!
    Hoplophobia and Agoraphobia is your personal preference.
    No thanks. I carry a gun.

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    It is a problem that can only be solved politically. Can you understand mass shootings are big stories? Are you blind enough to think ignoring them will solve the problem? If so you are shallower than I thought possible for a human being. Your superficiality has been apparent in many subjects. Now we add another.
    In fact, we should show the bodies of those shot in mass murders so we actually understand the problem. The kids in Sandy Hook had to be identified via DNA because their little kid bodies were unrecognizable. That is the reality, not politics. This is what Emmet Tills mother did.
    So carry a gun. Allow the teachers to carry a gun.

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It is a problem that can only be solved politically. Can you understand mass shootings are big stories? Are you blind enough to think ignoring them will solve the problem? If so you are shallower than I thought possible for a human being. Your superficiality has been apparent in many subjects. Now we add another.
    In fact, we should show the bodies of those shot in mass murders so we actually understand the problem. The kids in Sandy Hook had to be identified via DNA because their little kid bodies were unrecognizable. That is the reality, not politics. This is what Emmet Tills mother did.
    So you don't want to politicize shootings, then you try to justify politicizing shootings. You are locked in paradox. You are being irrational.

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,732 Times in 4,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    The country is too partisan anyway. Why is an issue like this such that as soon as there is a new incident, we hear one side or the other, blaming the other side?

That kind of knee-jerk reaction is really preventing an honest dialogue on this problem. And it's now a huge problem. Things weren't always like this in America. Mass shootings like the ones we see so regularly used to be much more rare.

It's a symptom of something much deeper - and more complex than the characterization we see from the typical partisan reactions. We have a sickness as a nation, and we need to figure out what it is.
    Here's the thing; EVERYTHING IS POLITICAL! That's how our laws are made. Corruption, unfortunately, seems unavoidable....and money in the form of "contributions" and "donations" is a potent corrupter. Add that on to human greed, pride, fear and stubbornness, and the result is what we see today. That's the only rational explanation I can come up with regarding the insanity surrounding our "pro-gun" constituents.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

8. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,832 Times in 17,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,598 Times in 4,276 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    So carry a gun. Allow the teachers to carry a gun.
    Allow the kids to pick up guns on the way into school and drop them off on the way home. How could we possibly be any safer?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-25-2022)

10. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Here's the thing; EVERYTHING IS POLITICAL! That's how our laws are made. Corruption, unfortunately, seems unavoidable....and money in the form of "contributions" and "donations" is a potent corrupter. Add that on to human greed, pride, fear and stubbornness, and the result is what we see today. That's the only rational explanation I can come up with regarding the insanity surrounding our "pro-gun" constituents.
    It was the lobbying power of gun manufacturers that made this mess. According to Waren Burger Chief Justice of The Supreme Court
    The gun lobbyists interpretation of the second amendment is one of the greatest pieces of fraud "I repeat the word fraud" on the American people by special interest groups that I have seen in my lifetime.
    The real purpose of the 2nd Amendment was to insure that state armies,the militia, would be maintained for the defense of the state. The very language of the 2nd amendment refutes any argument that it was intended to guarantee every citizen an unfettered right to any kind of weapon he or she desires.,

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-25-2022), Taichiliberal (11-25-2022)

12. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,732 Times in 4,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Blog Entries

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    It was the lobbying power of gun manufacturers that made this mess. According to Waren Burger Chief Justice of The Supreme Court
    The gun lobbyists interpretation of the second amendment is one of the greatest pieces of fraud "I repeat the word fraud" on the American people by special interest groups that I have seen in my lifetime.
    The real purpose of the 2nd Amendment was to insure that state armies,the militia, would be maintained for the defense of the state. The very language of the 2nd amendment refutes any argument that it was intended to guarantee every citizen an unfettered right to any kind of weapon he or she desires.,
    Amen to that!
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-25-2022)

14. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    So you don't want to politicize shootings, then you try to justify politicizing shootings. You are locked in paradox. You are being irrational.
    When did I say I do not want to? That is the thread premise. I said the opposite. Put some effort in.

15. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

one lone justice is not the final arbiter of the 2nd Amendment, especially when, as a federal agent, the Amendment specifically removes any authority from him over it.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.