Thread: Think in 1D, 2D, 3D and 4D

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,784 Times in 17,103 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Think in 1D, 2D, 3D and 4D

I just finished my first game of the day of chess just a few moments ago. And yup I was drunk and still am cuz fuck you that's why.

Anyway, to the point of my retarded thread....

I started a game and some retarded player joined based on our ELOs. All right then.

I started as White.

All right so 10 min time limit. We played then at around 3 to 4 minutes, I forgot which color I was. For a moment, I thought I was on the other side.

Kept playing as if I was Black. (Mind you it doesn't let me move a Black piece but in my mind I did.)

So all right. I wasn't confused, just forgot my place. Then it got to the point (6 minutes) when he decided to resign after 1 minute (clearly he was thinking about my end game and it was clear he was about to be checkmated).

I waited and waited and waited. I kept thinking, "Dude come on already make a move!!!".

Then BOOM! He resigned. I was like huh? I studied our moves.

I was amazed. Because I thought I was both White and Black for a while. I studied more and saw it.

Made me think of that iconic scene when Spock told Kirk how Khan think (like in chess).

So basically I saw myself in the other side and played as if I was playing the other side. Ever played with yourself (no sexual connotation this time) in a game of chess? Yep it's like that.

In a normal chess game, it is in 2D with two opponents with various experiences and skills, known or not known to your but you will discover as you play.

With this game, I was like dude! I was playing in 2.5D. I saw the moves from BOTH sides (me and him) ahead without realizing it. Like I said, I had to review it because it was like I forgot which one I was and just played it like I was both sides.

So made me think of Spock, Kirk and Khan. 3D thinking and game.

Then I thought about 4D chess game. Why not?

The rules are still the same with 2D and 3D with additional rules. Course 4D involves time. For example, a piece can move then it will be moved backwards in time to a different location. That's just a simplistic example of a rule.

Thank you for your attention and you can now safely ignore my drunken rambling and rant.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
    Last edited by AProudLefty; 11-22-2022 at 08:59 PM.