Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trump-Lake in 2024? Just think of the possibilities

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,766 Times in 7,268 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

One of my high school buds [we didn't get on as well as adults] moved to rural Alabama after his first wife died.
    Met some southern lady while on a singles cruise, his late wife's body not even being cool yet.

Bought an F150 pickup (used to drive a Lincoln Town car like I did at the time). Claims he loves it. He either does or he can't admit that he fucked up.

Anyway, he's retired, and without real work to keep him busy, he gets to cut brush now, the crazy geriatric. Hope his plastic knee holds up.
    I think he reduced Boston's republican population from 17 to 16.

But you're right, Rev. Some people can apparently adapt. I'm just not one of them.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,174 Times in 5,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 593 Times in 557 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    Now that's a winning ticket!

With all the weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth over the Republicans’ stunning election losses in Arizona, the MAGA Nation is missing the exceedingly good news out of the Grand Canyon State.

Arizona’s loss is America’s gain.

Kari Lake is now free to join Donald Trump in his campaign to reclaim the White House in 2024. Free from her election-eve assurance that she would stay and govern our state for the next eight years.

Free to join with Trump and mount a nationwide campaign about the many ways in which they’ve been robbed.
    Oh, I know. Trump doesn’t like losers but look around. The pickings’ of winners in his circle is becoming exceedingly slim given his losses in the midterm election.

Kari Lake checks the right boxes for a Trump VP

Besides, give Lake credit.

The newscaster who spent two decades reading a teleprompter turned out to be a masterful politician. She jumped into the governor’s race 17 months ago with a bellyful of anger and proceeded to rage her way right to the top of the Republican ticket.

And she checks all the right boxes for a vice presidential run:

Embrace conspiracy theories about election fraud in 2020? Check.

Embrace conspiracy theories about election fraud in 2022? Check.

Attack the media? John McCain? The FBI? Check. Check. Check.

Rail about a border “invasion” and a stolen election and masks and a stolen election and liberals and oh yeah, not one but two supposedly stolen elections? Cheeeeeeck.

She’s basically Trump in heels, a camera-ready candidate who could offer a shot of adrenaline to Trump and his flagging MAGA movement.

Plus, she hails from Iowa, giver of corn and presidential contenders.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-lak...192306345.html

I hope so. But they'll have to do it as independents because they aint winning the GOP nomination. And running as independents, they'll siphon votes away from the Republican nominee and gift the Presidential Election to the Dems.
    Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,978 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    One of my high school buds [we didn't get on as well as adults] moved to rural Alabama after his first wife died.
    Met some southern lady while on a singles cruise, his late wife's body not even being cool yet.

Bought an F150 pickup (used to drive a Lincoln Town car like I did at the time). Claims he loves it. He either does or he can't admit that he up.

Anyway, he's retired, and without real work to keep him busy, he gets to cut brush now, the crazy geriatric. Hope his plastic knee holds up.
    I think he reduced Boston's republican population from 17 to 16.

But you're right, Rev. Some people can apparently adapt. I'm just not one of them.
    The bolded made me LOL.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,174 Times in 10,392 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    I like the quiet.
    Don’t blame you. I get some quiet in my back yard, but still the hum of the city. Nothing like the night sky and complete quite away from all that.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

Doc Dutch (11-19-2022)

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,174 Times in 10,392 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Cities are nice places to visit. Lots of things to see and do, but I'd never want to live in town much less a city.
    One good thing about living in Boise, ID, is that I can have the best of both worlds. Boise is getting to big pretty big, but from my house, the quiet of the river and the forest is just minutes away.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

Doc Dutch (11-19-2022), Phantasmal (11-19-2022)

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,628 Times in 51,918 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    One good thing about living in Boise, ID, is that I can have the best of both worlds. Boise is getting to big pretty big, but from my house, the quiet of the river and the forest is just minutes away.
    It's nice to be within 20 minutes of a town. I head there once a week for groceries and other supplies.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

domer76 (11-19-2022)

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The county where I live is just over 1600 sq. miles with a population of about 48,500. It’s getting a bit crowded here. The town that is our county seat and where we go to buy groceries has a population of just under 9000.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to leaningright For This Post:

Doc Dutch (11-19-2022)

12. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    The county where I live is just over 1600 sq. miles with a population of about 48,500. It’s getting a bit crowded here. The town that is our county seat and where we go to buy groceries has a population of just under 9000.
    Do you have the Neighborhood app? My wife visits her sister in a satellite city of Dallas. She noted that the Neighborhood app there reports sounds of gunfire, stolen catalytic converters, porch pirates and other crimes. Out here we have reports of lost dogs. "Has anyone lost a dog?" with a picture. Often it's the city folks who come out here and dump them.

13. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,522 Times in 52,740 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    "The right of citizens to have arms is essential to a community being able to form a militia."

I saw you quoted on another thread saying the above.
    It's amazing how we can disagree on almost everything.

I support the right of citizens to bear arms.

I would never support the right of citizens in a nation with free elections and a civilian controlled military to form a militia.
    Citizen militias should not only be illegal, but being involved with one should--absolutely and unequivocally--be a capital offense.

Citizen militia members are the lowest form of troglodytes imaginable.
    They're not like community watch people, themselves suspicious in many ways. {Pay enough taxes for adequate police.)
    They're more like--and probably overlapping with--the KKK.
    Militias have been ubiquitous in rural (esp. in the Ozarks region) Missouri since I was old enough to first read about them, prob. back in the 60s. You are right. When first formed they were comprised mostly of KKKers. Later they recruited fundamentalist Christians fearful that their ways were going to be wiped out by PC or whatever the RW monster du jour was at that time. In the Missouri Ozarks they bought limestone caves and the property above them, hundreds of acres of hardwood forest, places to hide and build bunkers and armories. Oh, and they later funded this by illegal drugs -- MJ and meth-making. I always thought of them as the g-kids of the old moonshiners, and just as nutty.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

14. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Do you have the Neighborhood app? My wife visits her sister in a satellite city of Dallas. She noted that the Neighborhood app there reports sounds of gunfire, stolen catalytic converters, porch pirates and other crimes. Out here we have reports of lost dogs. "Has anyone lost a dog?" with a picture. Often it's the city folks who come out here and dump them.
    I don’t have that app but I can tell you that we have a lot of posts on Facebook for missing dogs. I was floored when my son’s college room mate had his catalytic converter stolen in Norman. That’s crazy. I had never heard of it so I had to Google it. There is gun fire near my house all the time as I am near to several places where people shoot for fun and I also border a 16,000+ acre WMA where people hunt regularly. Gunfire is no big deal around here.

I have lived here for 48+ years and have had two things stolen from my place. I had a chainsaw stolen off my front porch and a gas can stolen from my carport. Both times white trash meth heads were the culprits. If there was one thing I would eliminate from our area if I were an all powerful being it would be drugs and druggies.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to leaningright For This Post:

Doc Dutch (11-19-2022)

16. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I don’t have that app but I can tell you that we have a lot of posts on Facebook for missing dogs. I was floored when my son’s college room mate had his catalytic converter stolen in Norman. That’s crazy. I had never heard of it so I had to Google it. There is gun fire near my house all the time as I am near to several places where people shoot for fun and I also border a 16,000+ acre WMA where people hunt regularly. Gunfire is no big deal around here.

I have lived here for 48+ years and have had two things stolen from my place. I had a chainsaw stolen off my front porch and a gas can stolen from my carport. Both times white trash meth heads were the culprits. If there was one thing I would eliminate from our area if I were an all powerful being it would be drugs and druggies.
    Shooting in the day or in celebration is one thing. Randomly at night in the city limits is usually not a good thing.

Do you have security cameras? Look for the sales.

17. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Shooting in the day or in celebration is one thing. Randomly at night in the city limits is usually not a good thing.

Do you have security cameras? Look for the sales.
    I don’t have “security cameras” but I have a couple of game cameras people have bought me for Christmas. I don’t use game cameras for game…at least not in the woods. I’m an old fashioned hunter and like to scout ahead for sign then determine my set up from that. So I use the game cameras around the house. I haven’t lost anything since I got them a few years ago so I get to see lots of pictures of the UPS and FedEx delivery people with the occasional stray dog or cat.

18. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I don’t have “security cameras” but I have a couple of game cameras people have bought me for Christmas. I don’t use game cameras for game…at least not in the woods. I’m an old fashioned hunter and like to scout ahead for sign then determine my set up from that. So I use the game cameras around the house. I haven’t lost anything since I got them a few years ago so I get to see lots of pictures of the UPS and FedEx delivery people with the occasional stray dog or cat.
    Security cameras are good for alerts and positioning yourself for defense.

Game cameras would be useful for evidence, but they don't have the same range and clarity as a security cameras.

Out in the country, I'd recommend a wired system for the house and then some wireless ones to supplement. They're relatively easy to install. If you have no easy access to the attic, the wires can be run under the eaves.

https://www.amazon.com/Wired-CCTV-Ca...tem+Wired+Only

This one is $179: https://www.amazon.com/ANNKE-Securit...dp/B00ZZMVC1Y/

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

leaningright (11-20-2022)