Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: The bible

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by America View Post
    The Bible has been debunked for generations. It's a collection of fairy tales, and anyone who denies this is either ignorant or deceitful.
    There is nothing to debunk. It is just a claim for religious belief.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 105 Times in 98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by saltydancin View Post
    So the supreme swastika up Uranus kangaroo court not so master plan of their not so master race even with SCOTUS granting standing for Islamidiotocracy Mohammed pedophilia flying carpeted flaming chariots to 9/11 Valhalla after granting standing for thieving US Constitution Bill of Rights - old glory - old testament - absentee voting ballots Bicentennial Nazi economics in Rehnquist Fourth Reich July Freudian slip has those crusade - jihad suicidal super egos sociopsychopathilogical homicidal human farming more perfect union "serve the Pope or die" with Islam "death to the infidels" WW II reincarnation Mengele "Angel of Death" beyond the pleasure principle Peter Principle pyramid scheme as their perpetual national religion of "one nation under God with equal justice under law"....
    Whatever dude
    What day is Michaelmas on?
    When is the Mass on Michael?
    AM I ,I AM's,AM I
    I AM,I AM's, AM I

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 41 Times in 39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Defender of Honor View Post
    Whatever dude
    Whatever Christianananality pedophilia wants in it's Islamidiotocracy Mohammed pedophilia schizophrenic national religion of thieving US Constitution Bill of Rights - old glory - old testament - absentee voting ballots arsonists New Testament bible rewrite of Kristallnacht for the USA since putting clothing business out of business results in a new testament version in clothing of the populace....

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 105 Times in 98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by saltydancin View Post
    Whatever Christianananality pedophilia wants in it's Islamidiotocracy Mohammed pedophilia schizophrenic national religion of thieving US Constitution Bill of Rights - old glory - old testament - absentee voting ballots arsonists New Testament bible rewrite of Kristallnacht for the USA since putting clothing business out of business results in a new testament version in clothing of the populace....
    Ok then
    What day is Michaelmas on?
    When is the Mass on Michael?
    AM I ,I AM's,AM I
    I AM,I AM's, AM I

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 41 Times in 39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Defender of Honor View Post
    Ok then
    That old money talks & BS walks freedom of SCOTUS Islamidiotocracy Mohammed pedophilia capitalizing on making Christiananality pedophilia their under color of law ChristHitler interpretation of "one nation under God with equal justice under law".

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,795 Times in 32,158 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Bible has been debunked for generations. It's a collection of fairy tales, and anyone who denies this is either ignorant or deceitful.
    lol....debunked by atheists, for atheists......those with brains are not so easily impressed......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,297 Times in 27,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenyx View Post
    Ironically, until reading a book called "The Da Vinci Code", and later watching it as a film, I never really questioned a lot of things that the bible and Christianity said were true. The Da Vinci Code book got the wheels in my mind turning, but it bills itself as a book of fiction, and the movie does as well. What really got me going was when I picked up a copy of one of the books that it used as source material, namely Holy Blood, Holy Grail. Since reading it, I know that it's had its fair share of critics, and even while reading it, there were some passages that I found dubious. Nevertheless, I found it immensely more interesting then what I had previously thought of the bible and christianity as a whole.
    Outside of the most extreme fundamentalist Holly Roller communities, I don't know anyone who thinks every word in the bible is literally true and historically accurate.

I personally don't rely on Hollywood movies or popular fiction writers for knowledge of the Bible.

I tend to put a lot of weight on trained academic scholars of religion. These are some I have read and listened to

Bart Ehrman, PhD (agnostic) professor of religious studies, University of North Carolina

Phillip Carey PhD (Protestant), professor of religious philosophy, Eastern University

Luke Timothy Johnson, PhD (Catholic), Benedictine monk and professor of religion studies, Emory University

Isaiah Gafni, PhD, (Jewish) Hebrew University, professor of Jewish History

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Phoenyx (11-22-2022)

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 22 Times in 21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Outside of the most extreme fundamentalist Holly Roller communities, I don't know anyone who thinks every word in the bible is literally true and historically accurate.

I personally don't rely on Hollywood movies or popular fiction writers for knowledge of the Bible.

I tend to put a lot of weight on trained academic scholars of religion. These are some I have read and listened to

Bart Ehrman, PhD (agnostic) professor of religious studies, University of North Carolina

Phillip Carey PhD (Protestant), professor of religious philosophy, Eastern University

Luke Timothy Johnson, PhD (Catholic), Benedictine monk and professor of religion studies, Emory University

Isaiah Gafni, PhD, (Jewish) Hebrew University, professor of Jewish History
    I've read none of those authors, but I like your first sentence above a lot :-p. I'm guessing you consider yourself to be Christian?

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,781 Times in 3,068 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    fuck off troll
    ... says the troll...

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,180 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    Of course it's circular reasoning, but there's nothing wrong with that in and of itself.

Christianity (like any other religion) is based on some sort of initial circular argument. Circular arguments can only logically be accepted/rejected on a faith basis, as they cannot be proven true/false.
    Christianity is a Conspiracy theory- No different than the one you also believe- that Hillary is slicing up babies and feeding them to people in a NY Pizzaria!

Just like the Conspiracy theory you also believe that the LGBTQ are trying to take over the world and they are grooming all of our children in Grade school to grow up and become gay!

All of your 100's of conspiracy theories you believe in are all based upon FEAR and paranoia including Christianity- Your fear of dying and being cast to hell!

Just as your fear of minorities are taking over America- So you are part of a Conspiracy Theory to prevent that from happening- KNOWN AS THE REPUBLICAN WHITE NATIONALIST CONSPIRACY THEORY!

You have conflated and Bastardized Religion, Science, and Politics wrapping them up in one little convenient package that plays into your narratives of SELF-INTEREST, SELF PRESERVATION, AND SELF-IMPORTANCE- while overlooking Common Sense, Common Knowledge, and Common Decency!

Truly amazing what squirms through your little Chicken-Little MIND!

If your sky is falling, don't look up, look from within! [Geeko Sportivo]
    Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 11-22-2022 at 09:37 AM.

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,781 Times in 3,068 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    Christianity is a Conspiracy theory- No different than the one you also believe- that Hillary is slicing up babies and feeding them to people in a NY Pizzaria!

Just like the Conspiracy theory you also believe that the LGBTQ are trying to take over the world and they are grooming all of our children in Grade school to grow up and become gay!

All of your 100's of conspiracy theories you believe in are all based upon FEAR and paranoia including Christianity- Your fear of dying and being cast to hell!

Just as your fear of minorities are taking over America- So you are part of a Conspiracy Theory to prevent that from happening- KNOWN AS THE REPUBLICAN WHITE NATIONALIST CONSPIRACY THEORY!

You have conflated and Bastardized Religion, Science, and Politics wrapping them up in one little convenient package that plays into your narratives of SELF-INTEREST, SELF PRESERVATION, AND SELF-IMPORTANCE- while overlooking Common Sense, Common Knowledge, and Common Decency!

Truly amazing what squirms through your little Chicken-Little MIND!

If your sky is falling, don't look up, look from within! [Geeko Sportivo]
    Wow. You sure went on a weird meaningless rant there. Jesus loves you.

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,180 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    Wow. You sure went on a weird meaningless rant there. Jesus loves you.
    Meaningless to you!

Like common sense, Common Decency, and common knowledge!

Jesus died on the cross! DID YOU WITNESS HIM BEING LIFTED INTO HEAVEN?

Exactly who did PREACHER MAN?

King James? Mathew? Mark? Luke? John?
    Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 11-22-2022 at 11:48 AM.

14. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 32 Times in 29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    lol....debunked by atheists, for atheists......those with brains are not so easily impressed......
    Lol. Do you want to go down this rabbit hole?

15. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,795 Times in 32,158 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Lol. Do you want to go down this rabbit hole?
    while you're down there with all the other idiots I've buried I will refill the hole......but I warn you........if you cite an Atheists-r-Us website as an authority, I will fuck you sideways.....I don't tolerate idiots who cut and paste other idiots work.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

16. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 32 Times in 29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    while you're down there with all the other idiots I've buried I will refill the hole......but I warn you........if you cite an Atheists-r-Us website as an authority, I will fuck you sideways.....I don't tolerate idiots who cut and paste other idiots work.....
    I don't need to copy/paste anything. All you need to do is start with scholars who've written about the subject of Jesus mythicism. Start with Wikipedia. This is really common knowledge for anyone who studies the Bible in any capacity.

The question is are you willing to challenge your faith?