Members banned from this thread: evince and Doc Dutch

Page 17 of 97 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread: The bible

1. #241 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 27 Times in 27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    if I tell you are you going to one of those atheists that complain using the bible is just circular reasoning?......

if not, John 10
    John is probably the most unique of the gospels. It's written in a much different style than the other gospels. John is also the only Gospel to claim that Jesus was God, had existed forever and was, himself, the creator of all things. The writer of John also seems to put much more focus on Jesus as a sacrificial lamb. An example of John's attention on Jesus as the sacrificial lamb is that John has Jesus being crucified on the day of preparation for Passover, where as the gospel of Mark has Jesus dying the next day - on the day of Passover. The day of preparation for Passover is when Jews slaughtered a lamb which was to be the Passover meal, so the symbolism of Jesus dying on the same day as the Passover lambs is pretty clear. Not coincidentally, John is the only gospel that labels Jesus as the "Lamb of God who dies for the sins of the world". That idea isn't referenced in the other Gospels. For the other gospel writers, there's no mention of Jesus dying for our sins. He just died for, presumably, claiming to be King of the Jews.
    Last edited by ZenMode; 12-06-2022 at 10:21 AM.
    "If someone doesn’t value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide that proves they should value evidence."

2. #242 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 41 Times in 39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    It is not possible to prove the Bible True or False, just as it is not possible to prove whether any god or gods exist or not.
    Since this Christian Nation SCOTUS interpretation of "one nation under God with equal justice under law" only includes Islam human reproduction medical pseudoscience fabricated virgin Mary misnomer immaculate Jeus the Christ son of Allah conception in it's supreme swastika up Uranus kangaroo court Christiananality pedophilia suicidal super ego sociopsychopathilogical homicidal human farming as evidenced by 9/11 Mohammed pedophilia....

3. #243 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMode View Post
    John is probably the most unique of the gospels. It's written in a much different style than the other gospels. John is also the only Gospel to claim that Jesus was God, had existed forever and was, himself, the creator of all things. The writer of John also seems to put much more focus on Jesus as a sacrificial lamb. An example of John's attention on Jesus as the sacrificial lamb is that John has Jesus being crucified on the day of preparation for Passover, where as the gospel of Mark has Jesus dying the next day - on the day of Passover. The day of preparation for Passover is when Jews slaughtered a lamb which was to be the Passover meal, so the symbolism of Jesus dying on the same day as the Passover lambs is pretty clear. Not coincidentally, John is the only gospel that labels Jesus as the "Lamb of God who dies for the sins of the world". That idea isn't referenced in the other Gospels. For the other gospel writers, there's no mention of Jesus dying for our sins. He just died for, presumably, claiming to be King of the Jews.
    interesting.......mostly untrue.....but irrelevant nonetheless.........you asked me where Jesus said he died for our sins.......I gave it to you.....basically your response is "yeah but he only did it once".......even that is not true.......the entirety of scripture, OT and NT tells us the same......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

4. #244 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Mark 9
    9 As they were coming down the mountain, Jesus gave them orders not to tell anyone what they had seen until the Son of Man had risen from the dead. 10 They kept the matter to themselves, discussing what “rising from the dead” meant.

11 And they asked him, “Why do the teachers of the law say that Elijah must come first?”

12 Jesus replied, “To be sure, Elijah does come first, and restores all things. Why then is it written that the Son of Man must suffer much and be rejected? 13 But I tell you, Elijah has come, and they have done to him everything they wished, just as it is written about him.”
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

5. #245 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Mark 10
    32 They were on their way up to Jerusalem, with Jesus leading the way, and the disciples were astonished, while those who followed were afraid. Again he took the Twelve aside and told them what was going to happen to him. 33 “We are going up to Jerusalem,” he said, “and the Son of Man will be delivered over to the chief priests and the teachers of the law. They will condemn him to death and will hand him over to the Gentiles, 34 who will mock him and spit on him, flog him and kill him. Three days later he will rise.”

6. #246 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Mark 14
    Again the high priest asked him, “Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?”

62 “I am,” said Jesus. “And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

7. #247 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,447 Times in 7,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Perhaps they don't sell Mickey Spillane Mike Hammer novels in their neighborhoods.
    That's what we read when we were young kids growing up.
    I bet you didn't watch Sledge Hammer and you were a greasy doowopper on the corner in the evenings.

8. #248 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 32 Times in 29 Posts

God doesn't exist and the Bible is mythology.

There. I just saved you a lifetime of wasted energy. Now quit your religion and become a productive human being in the 21st century.

9. #249 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,939 Times in 11,525 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMode View Post
    See Isaiah 53:5, 1 Peter 3:18, 1 Peter 2:24, Romans 5:8, and Ephesians 2:4-5.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

10. #250 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by America View Post

There. I just saved you a lifetime of wasted energy. Now quit your religion and become a productive human being in the 21st century.
    So the owner of Hobby Lobby or Chick-Fil-A are not productive....riiiiiiiight.

Sounds like someone is envious.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode

11. #251 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So the owner of Hobby Lobby or Chick-Fil-A are not productive....riiiiiiiight.

Sounds like someone is envious.
    Envious of what, exactly?

Oh. That's right. Money is your idol, and you're so narcissistic and sociopathic that you can't possibly imagine that not everyone idolizes money like you do.

Regardless, the fact is that there is no god. There is no evidence for any god from any religion. And when you die, that's it forever.

12. #252 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Envious of what, exactly?

Oh. That's right. Money is your idol, and you're so narcissistic and sociopathic that you can't possibly imagine that not everyone idolizes money like you do.

Regardless, the fact is that there is no god. There is no evidence for any god from any religion. And when you die, that's it forever.
    Money is certainly YOUR idol. Attempted negative proof. Circular argument fallacy (fundamentalism). I already know the teachings of the Church of No God. This fundamentalist style religion is not one I agree with.

It is not possible to prove whether any god or gods exist or not.

13. #253 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Money is certainly YOUR idol. Attempted negative proof. Circular argument fallacy (fundamentalism). I already know the teachings of the Church of No God. This fundamentalist style religion is not one I agree with.

It is not possible to prove whether any god or gods exist or not.
    Lol. So where's the evidence for your god? There have been thousands of claimed deities throughout recorded history, yet not one believer has been able to offer evidence.

You claim that something exists. It's not my burden to prove that it doesn't. Until you have proof for your claim, there is no reason to believe it.

14. #254 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I believe you've forgotten something......you promised to prove the Bible was wrong......seems you've fucked up on that somewhere between there and nothing......

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Into the Night (12-08-2022)

16. #255 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Lol. So where's the evidence for your god?
    just look at yourself......who could possibly deny that humanity needs saving after looking at you?.......

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Into the Night (12-08-2022)