Page 16 of 97 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: The bible

1. #226 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    It is not possible to prove the Bible True or False, just as it is not possible to prove whether any god or gods exist or not.
    Your point originally wasn't about "The Bible" being true or false, you were talking about history...which can be proven true or false. I'm talking about the Word of God, something you weren't talking about when discussing The Bible.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

2. #227 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 42 Times in 40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    It is not possible to prove the Bible True or False, just as it is not possible to prove whether any god or gods exist or not.
    In the realm of science with a Christian Nation religion of Islam human reproduction medical pseudoscience of "man is God" when it comes to Federal Lynching enforcement in Christiananality pedophilia as a sociopsychopathilogical mores norm for survival of the fittest fascists Peter Principle pyramid scheme propaganda certainly leaves true or false as a statistical improbability in perpetuating Islamidiotocracy Mohammed pedophilia cross conditioning of the masses.

3. #228 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMode View Post
    So, sin doesn't exist any more?
    the consequences need not exist, if you choose......your sins will still occur......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

4. #229 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Sarah Palin used the term Holy Rollers as a term of endearment.
    isn't that the way blacks use the "n" word.......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

5. #230 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Then why did Paul write those letters to churches he founded, condeming the sexual misconduct and avarice he was hearing about in some of those congregations?
    to communicate the choice......

6. #231 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The Japanese surrendered and, as a result, they stopped fighting. What does it mean to say sin was defeated but still exists? Does it no longer matter? Does it no longer have an impact on one's chances of receiving salvation? Do Christians no longer have to ask for forgiveness for their sins?
    ironically, it also means surrender.....to stop fighting and accept God's offer of grace.....and yes, asking for forgiveness........gosh, all of a sudden I love this thread......

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Into the Night (12-04-2022)

8. #232 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That was the explanation, after the fact, for why Jesus died, but absolutely nothing changed as far as sin is concerned. Sin still exists. Christians still sin, at a higher rate now than ever if you ask some people. Original sin was unchanged and Christians remained captive to it.
    du'h......people are human......by the way your depiction of "after the fact" ignores that it is announced frequently in the OT starting with Genesis 3........

9. #233 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Is there any evidence that sin has been defeated?
    nothing at all that you would call "evidence"......and yet, everything......

10. #234 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    Of course, and there are solid arguments that can be made to make that point.
    if you, like Christians, begin with a certain set of presumptions based on you beliefs.......you've already made that point......

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Into the Night (12-04-2022)

12. #235 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,101 Times in 11,674 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    Your point originally wasn't about "The Bible" being true or false, you were talking about history...which can be proven true or false. I'm talking about the Word of God, something you weren't talking about when discussing The Bible.
    Same thing applies. History is not a proof, because it is not possible to prove any unobserved event ever took place or not.
    The Word of God is the prophecies and lessons taught in the Bible and other sources (including personal inspiration). It is not possible to prove that God exists or not.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

13. #236 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    the consequences need not exist, if you choose......your sins will still occur......
    Once a decision is made (you are free to make it), the consequences MUST follow. You are NOT free of the consequences of any decision.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode

14. #237 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

to communicate the choice......
    Actually, to communicate the consequences of the choices people were making.

15. #238 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,000 Times in 8,370 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

That was the explanation, after the fact, for why Jesus died, but absolutely nothing changed as far as sin is concerned. Sin still exists. Christians still sin, at a higher rate now than ever if you ask some people. Original sin was unchanged and Christians remained captive to it.
    Incorrect but you can go with that if you like.
    "Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners" - George Carlin

"Education is a system of imposed ignorance" - Noam Chomsky

"Leftists actually think everyone is as stupid as a leftist." - Yakuda

"No, Trump isn't a fascist, tatt boy." - moon

16. #239 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 29 Times in 29 Posts

ironically, it also means surrender.....to stop fighting and accept God's offer of grace.....and yes, asking for forgiveness........gosh, all of a sudden I love this thread......
    Offer of grace? Historically speaking, Jesus died for a number of reason related to the perception that he was a threat to state leaders. Where did Jesus say he died for our sins?
    "If someone doesn’t value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide that proves they should value evidence."

17. #240 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Offer of grace? Historically speaking, Jesus died for a number of reason related to the perception that he was a threat to state leaders. Where did Jesus say he died for our sins?
    if I tell you are you going to one of those atheists that complain using the bible is just circular reasoning?......

if not, John 10
    10 “Very truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. 2 The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. 5 But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger’s voice.” 6 Jesus used this figure of speech, but the Pharisees did not understand what he was telling them.

7 Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. 8 All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them. 9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.[a] They will come in and go out, and find pasture. 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 12 The hired hand is not the shepherd and does not own the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it. 13 The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep.

14 “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. 17 The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.”

19 The Jews who heard these words were again divided. 20 Many of them said, “He is demon-possessed and raving mad. Why listen to him?”

21 But others said, “These are not the sayings of a man possessed by a demon. Can a demon open the eyes of the blind?”

Further Conflict Over Jesus’ Claims
    22 Then came the Festival of Dedication[b] at Jerusalem. It was winter, 23 and Jesus was in the temple courts walking in Solomon’s Colonnade. 24 The Jews who were there gathered around him, saying, “How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.”

25 Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[c]; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, 32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”

33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’[d]? 35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’? 37 Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father. 38 But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.” 39 Again they tried to seize him, but he escaped their grasp.

40 Then Jesus went back across the Jordan to the place where John had been baptizing in the early days. There he stayed, 41 and many people came to him. They said, “Though John never performed a sign, all that John said about this man was true.” 42 And in that place many believed in Jesus.
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 12-05-2022 at 07:13 PM.