Thread: Republicans Want Trump Convicted and 'Out of Their Way'

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,020 Times in 6,674 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 543 Times in 519 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    That would be the best thing for Democrats, but Pedo Don is a chickenshit afraid to be a loser. We'll know tomorrow.
    Ok, you don't think he'll run? I think he will. You are correct. We shall soon see. One thing influencing my theory - twump loves to hold rallies with people genuflecting to him. He's gonna do it.
    ================================================== =

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,327 Times in 52,381 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LurchAddams View Post
    Ok, you don't think he'll run? I think he will. You are correct. We shall soon see. One thing influencing my theory - twump loves to hold rallies with people genuflecting to him. He's gonna do it.
    Donald J. Trump is a fucking coward. No, I don't think he'll run.

OTOH, if he's crazy enough he might and that, IMO, would be abso-fucking-lutely awesome to see.

He can have rallies and play Kingmaker without running.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

3. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,020 Times in 6,674 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 543 Times in 519 Posts
    Blog Entries

Donald J. Trump is a fucking coward. No, I don't think he'll run.

OTOH, if he's crazy enough he might and that, IMO, would be abso-fucking-lutely awesome to see.

He can have rallies and play Kingmaker without running.
    You know there's a third option - he may just announce a later announcement, keeping us in suspense. What will we do then?
    ================================================== =

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

4. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LurchAddams View Post
    You know there's a third option - he may just announce a later announcement, keeping us in suspense. What will we do then?
    Take it as a sign Pedo Don is a chickenshit.

5. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,327 Times in 6,017 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

IF Trump runs. You think Trump is brave enough to face losing, I think he's a cowardly POS who'll say something else at his announcement tomorrow.

OTOH, he might be crazy enough to run...but Ivanka will probably talk him down off the ceiling.
    Trump cares more about staying politically relevant and fleecing his flock than losing another election. Remember, if he declares, he can start campaigning and the donations will roll in. Methinks he enjoys campaigning more than running the country.

Bottom line: Trump will run, won't get the Republican nomination, will run as an independent, siphon off Republican votes and hand the election to the Dems. Book it. End of story.
    Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

6. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,999 Times in 14,504 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Capitalist View Post
    I hope he runs and loses the Republican nomination and then decides to run as an independent. He'll fleece his flock and make a bundle but he'll lose the vote again and be a three time loser.
    In a crowded primary field, he'll win with his MAGA base. Which will be great for Dems
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

7. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Oooh! Great scenario! Yes, I'd love it.

Sadly, Trump has repeatedly proved himself to be a narcissistic coward more afraid of appearing as a loser than for standing up for right against wrong.

I doubt he'll announce but agree it would be great if he did.
    I've been saying all along that he won't run.

But...I believe his ploy is to become a candidate and then clog up the courts with claims that a candidate cannot be prosecuted.

His only move has always been to delay, delay, delay
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

8. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Agreed, although I doubt Biden will run. Splitting the vote certainly gives Harris or whomever the DNC candidate would be.

The odds favor the Democrats if Harris is running as an incumbent. The odds favor the Republicans in a free-for-all election unless Trump is the candidate.

If it's a free-for-all, I expect DeSantis to be the candidate and to win...unless criminal charges shut him down. LOL
    If Biden is healthy in 2 years, I think the party is happy to have him run after this momentus midterm.

You have been very vocal in a sane way stating the obvious...that Dems. would take a big hit in the mid terms.

History has been made (notwithstanding the Dubyah debacle years) and Biden is largely getting the credit.

His debt relief, although I don't really support it, worked as planned.

Kids voted in their own best interests. If Biden keeps tilting at windmills re. debt relief, they might just vote again in '24.

Harris won't win. She doesn't have what it takes. Nobody liked her in '20, and they sure as hell won't like her in '24.

I'm sure she's highly qualified.

Sadly, qualifications don't matter. See Walker in Georgia.

9. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    In a crowded primary field, he'll win with his MAGA base. Which will be great for Dems
    The bottom line is Trump's political career is over. He's radioactive. He'll never win another election of any kind.
    Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

Althea (11-14-2022)

11. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The bottom line is Trump's political career is over. He's radioactive. He'll never win another election of any kind.
    Just for fun, let's stroll down memory lane from last year when Qpublicans were discussing trump for Speaker of the House.

Someone should ask McCarthey about that.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Joe Capitalist (11-14-2022)

13. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump cares more about staying politically relevant and fleecing his flock than losing another election. Remember, if he declares, he can start campaigning and the donations will roll in. Methinks he enjoys campaigning more than running the country.

Bottom line: Trump will run, won't get the Republican nomination, will run as an independent, siphon off Republican votes and hand the election to the Dems. Book it. End of story.
    He cares about superficial bullshit per his narcissistic personality disorder. The glitch is he's crippled with cowardice. He normally avoids taking a risk of failure.

Consider the difference between a young male asking out a girl for the first time. Some do it, some don't.

In Trump's case, he buys attraction. He never learned how to take a risk to himself. Sure, he'll risk other people's money. Other people's lives, such as 1/6, but he risks them and protects himself. That's why he never pardoned a single one of them and denounced them all a week later.

That said, after decades of Adderall abuse, age itself and general stupidity from birth, it is, indeed, possible that he's crazy enough to run.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

15. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

Republicans Want Trump Convicted and 'Out of Their Way'
    BY THOMAS KIKA ON 11/13/22 AT 10:59 AM EST

Former President Donald Trump's midterm failures may have eroded the Republican support he was counting on to avoid a criminal conviction, according to one attorney.

Trump has long been reported to be planning an early 2024 presidential campaign announcement as a way to stave off potential prosecution from the numerous investigations mounting against him. His hope had purportedly been to ride a wave of midterm GOP success into the announcement, but with Democrats posting historically strong results over the last week, Trump's future as a Republican figurehead and his 2024 candidacy have been cast into doubt.

In a report published on Sunday, The Daily Beast spoke with numerous current and former attorneys and general legal experts about the situation facing Trump. Most said that his plan to avoid criminal prosecution by running for reelection would do him no good, as the various investigations arrayed against him are too far along. Reports previously indicated that Attorney General Merrick Garland was looking to indict Trump after the midterms, to avoid swaying voter opinions, but before the start of the 2024 election cycle.

One expert The Daily Beast spoke to, retired attorney and conservative Eric Owens, said that the situation is even worse for Trump than he might imagine, as Republicans now have a potential motive for seeing him convicted and taken off the political battlefield. have strategic reasons to support a potential conviction of the former president following their disastrous midterm performances.

"I do think Trump believes he can avoid prosecution by running for president and causing delays," Owens said. "That's another Trump strategy: Delay and run out the clock. But many Republicans simply have a selfish and practical interest in seeing Trump prosecuted and convicted—for anything, really. They want him out of their way either for their ambition or because he is clearly dragging the party down with bad candidates."
    Convicting a number of repukes at co-conspiring and enabling tRump's insurrectionist war wave against democracy with the added atrocity at using U.S. Congressional resources on the taxpayer money to do so against society, humanity and to the delight of foreign enemies should also be convicted and set aside.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to gemini104104 For This Post:

17. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by gemini104104 View Post
    Convicting a number of repukes at co-conspiring and enabling tRump's insurrectionist war wave against democracy with the added atrocity at using U.S. Congressional resources on the taxpayer money to do so against society, humanity and to the delight of foreign enemies should also be convicted and set aside.
    I'll drink to that.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

gemini104104 (11-14-2022)

19. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    If Biden is healthy in 2 years, I think the party is happy to have him run after this momentus midterm.

You have been very vocal in a sane way stating the obvious...that Dems. would take a big hit in the mid terms.

History has been made (notwithstanding the Dubyah debacle years) and Biden is largely getting the credit.

His debt relief, although I don't really support it, worked as planned.

Kids voted in their own best interests. If Biden keeps tilting at windmills re. debt relief, they might just vote again in '24.

Harris won't win. She doesn't have what it takes. Nobody liked her in '20, and they sure as hell won't like her in '24.

I'm sure she's highly qualified.

Sadly, qualifications don't matter. See Walker in Georgia.
    Biden is a message to all voting Americans that Democrats don't have anyone who could serve better than Joe Biden.

Don't get me wrong, I think Biden would be a great elder statesman and "grandpa" for all Americans, but he's too old to serve.

He's effectively a scarecrow for the Democrats because they have nothing better to show American voters.

Yes, better than Trump but Americans deserve better than what the Democrats and Republicans are offering.

What do you suggest most Americans should do?

20. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,421 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    Poor baby you should stay home locked in your closet.
    No, it's just being responsible and wearing a mask when in public, and staying 6ft apart from the unmasked, unwashed, filthy, COVID-riddled, bleach-drinking, horse dewormer-eating lard buckets who shove lightbulbs up their asses because a reality TV show host told them to.

That's why Democrats won some of those narrow House races; your filthy, disgusting, perverted friends died from COVID and couldn't vote.

I told you for over a year that was going to happen unless you shut the fuck up. But you couldn't and you didn't, and the consequence of that is the loss of some House races. Maybe even the loss of a couple of those Senate races too.

So thank you for running your big, fat mouth because you likely handed the Senate to the Democrats.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist