Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Phoenyx View Post
The way I see things, Ukraine is the one who truly started this war. There were 2 steps to getting to where we are now. The first would be Euromaidan, wherein Ukraine's elected President, who was much more amenable to Russia and eastern Ukraine's predominantly ethnic Russian and Russian speaking population, was ousted via what amounted to a violent coup, with the help of a false flag operation. More on that here:

The Mess that Nuland Made | Consortium News

The Hidden Truth About Ukraine, Kiev Euromaidan Snipers Kill Demonstrators. Italian Documentary Bombshell Evidence | Global Research

The second would be the renewed assault on the Donbass region days before Putin decided to begin his military operation in Ukraine. Former Swiss Intelligence officer Jacques Baud gets into the details of this. I made a thread on this here:

Former Swiss Intelligence Officer blows the whistle on West's Ukraine War Narrative | justplainpolitics.com
As far as who started the war, the above is a serious oversimplification. Ukraine's political history is far more complex than that, but basically Russia and the West got themselves involved in a Ukraine civil war.
Can you put any evidence on the table suggesting that the authors I linked to above have oversimplified things? From everything I've seen, Russia tried -very- hard to avoid putting boots on the ground in Ukraine, working on diplomacy for 8 years while around 10,000 eastern Ukrainians were killed by the Ukrainian military, many of which were ethnic Russians and Russian speakers. I'm sure you're aware that the U.S. certainly didn't wait for 8 years after only 3,000 Americans were killed in 9/11 to go attack Afghanistan simply because the Taliban refused to hand over Bin Laden without strong evidence that he was in fact responsible for the event.