Thread: LurchAdams was right

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenyx View Post
    I think it's a great website for those who follow the mainstream media's narrative assiduously, not so much for those who question it.
    I miss all of the traffic, all hours of the day....but I was told that the staff decided that I must leave....I am not worth the trouble they decided.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Phoenyx (11-02-2022)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 25 Times in 24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I miss all of the traffic, all hours of the day....but I was told that the staff decided that I must leave....I am not worth the trouble they decided.
    I think I was basically told the same with the absurd 5 points I got. I felt it was better to try to point out their hypocracy then leave then do the "suicide by mod" approach.

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I think I was basically told the same with the absurd 5 points I got. I felt it was better to try to point out their hypocracy then leave then do the "suicide by mod" approach.
    I had put in both money and a lot of awesome content....I had earned being told that I had a choice....leave voluntarily or leave by points.

I was certainly not the first to be allowed the choice.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Phoenyx (11-02-2022)

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,041 Times in 6,685 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 543 Times in 519 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm fine with rules that are applied to everyone. Turns out, the rules over there are frequently only applied to those the moderators have an agenda against. I think my own case is a perfect example of this. I'm always civil, so they couldn't hit me for insults. Instead, they came up with quite the convoluted idea that I was "spamming", when in truth I was -responding- to spam. I made a thread about it over there if you're interested:

https://debatepolitics.com/threads/p...ojourn.495142/
    I don't agree. My views are mostly non-Republican. There are conservative mods there and there are progressive ones. Mods there are human like us. I decided to let my mania get the best of me and started attacking a couple of the conservative ones. It's not a surprise I ended up banned.
    ================================================== =

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LurchAddams View Post
    I don't agree. My views are mostly non-Republican. There are conservative mods there and there are progressive ones. Mods there are human like us. I decided to let my mania get the best of me and started attacking a couple of the conservative ones. It's not a surprise I ended up banned.
    You might actually be this stupid.

DARK AGES SUCK!

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't agree. My views are mostly non-Republican. There are conservative mods there and there are progressive ones.
    If you take a look, I designated myself a progressive over there. The problem is that anti war progressives are few and far between, and I doubt the moderation team has a single one amoung them. So when I started pointing out the reasoning for Russia's military operation in Ukraine, and found myself repeating said reasoning over and over again (as well as defending some brave reporters willing to explain it and other things about said military operation), one mod there decided to take me down for what amounted to responding to spam rather than creating it.

Mods there are human like us. I decided to let my mania get the best of me and started attacking a couple of the conservative ones. It's not a surprise I ended up banned.
    Alright, in your case, perhaps they made the right call. But I attacked no one. Feel free to peruse the thread I linked to in Post 8. I think I made a pretty tight case.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenyx For This Post:

LurchAddams (11-02-2022)

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I left DP voluntarily, I was done with forums, until my old friend Frank Apisa told me about this place.

He said that it is my kind of place.

DARK AGES SUCK!

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If you take a look, I designated myself a progressive over there. The problem is that anti war progressives are few and far between, and I doubt the moderation team has a single one amoung them. So when I started pointing out the reasoning for Russia's military operation in Ukraine, and found myself repeating said reasoning over and over again (as well as defending some brave reporters willing to explain it and other things about said military operation), one mod there decided to take me down for what amounted to responding to spam rather than creating it.

Alright, in your case, perhaps they made the right call. But I attacked no one. Feel free to peruse the thread I linked to in Post 8. I think I made a pretty tight case.
    Regarding your first sentence, I can't "go look". I've been banned. For a while I thought about creating a sock and going back, but this place has "broken" me. Even if my sock made it past their detection system, my rhetoric would have me banned in 10 seconds.

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You might actually be this stupid.
    Come now, let's be nice. I don't know the particulars of Lurch's banishment. He may well be right that the mods made the right call in his case. And I wouldn't be surprised if he's right that there are some progressive mods, keeping in mind that progressives are not necessarily anti war. I think the lukewarm effort by progressive democrats in congress with the letter they wrote Biden that they later retracted is a good example of how weak the anti war movement has become.

I think what's basically happened in Debate Politics is that it's become a place that is quite welcoming to those who believe the mainstream media's narrative in regards to the Ukraine war and other subjects, but it can become downright hostile to those who question it or outright disagree with it.

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Regarding your first sentence, I can't "go look". I've been banned. For a while I thought about creating a sock and going back, but this place has "broken" me. Even if my sock made it past their detection system, my rhetoric would have me banned in 10 seconds.
    When you say you did Suicide by Mod you admit that you went by choice you ignorant MotherFucker.

DARK AGES SUCK!

14. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Come now, let's be nice. I don't know the particulars of Lurch's banishment. He may well be right that the mods made the right call in his case. And I wouldn't be surprised if he's right that there are some progressive mods, keeping in mind that progressives are not necessarily anti war. I think the lukewarm effort by progressive democrats in congress with the letter they wrote Biden that they later retracted is a good example of how weak the anti war movement has become.

I think what's basically happened in Debate Politics is that it's become a place that is quite welcoming to those who believe the mainstream media's narrative in regards to the Ukraine war and other subjects, but it can become downright hostile to those who question it or outright disagree with it.
    Lurch is a complete DICK.

NO.

DARK AGES SUCK!

15. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Regarding your first sentence, I can't "go look". I've been banned.
    Ahhh, good point, I'd forgotten that Binky is only visible to those who have a high enough post count- 1000 posts I believe. However, you -can- see the post I got the 5 points for, if you go to the site in incognito mode- that's the term they use in chrome browsers, basically if you go to the site without cookies so that it doesn't recognize who you are. The post in question is here:
    https://debatepolitics.com/threads/c...ost-1076799977

For a while I thought about creating a sock and going back, but this place has "broken" me. Even if my sock made it past their detection system, my rhetoric would have me banned in 10 seconds.
    I've never even tried using sock puppets. If I go to a new forum, I can at least refer to my history in previous forums and be fine. If I were to make a sock, I'd literally have to try to pretend I wasn't who I was before. Just not me.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenyx For This Post:

LurchAddams (11-02-2022)

17. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Lurch is a complete DICK.

NO.

Ok then :-p.

18. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Ahhh, good point, I'd forgotten that Binky is only visible to those who have a high enough post count- 1000 posts I believe. However, you -can- see the post I got the 5 points for, if you go to the site in incognito mode- that's the term they use in chrome browsers, basically if you go to the site without cookies so that it doesn't recognize who you are. The post in question is here:
    https://debatepolitics.com/threads/c...ost-1076799977

I've never even tried using sock puppets. If I go to a new forum, I can at least refer to my history in previous forums and be fine. If I were to make a sock, I'd literally have to try to pretend I wasn't who I was before. Just not me.
    Yeah, I have to be "me". I might be able to fake another persona for a while, but I'd fail hard. I'm not a good actor.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to LurchAddams For This Post:

Phoenyx (11-02-2022)

20. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Ok then :-p.
    I had to start ignoring Hawk because some of the other conservative members thought I was being too brutal to him. I don't have him on "ignore", but I won't take his bait. Hawk I don't care about, but others have been upset by posts I've made to him. I don't wish to be perceived as being a bully.