Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Two millennia of persecution started with Christ-killer myth

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 42 Times in 40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    People will use any excuse to attack those who they envy and fear. The Christians just borrowed a few pages from the other groups that persecuted the Jewish people pre-Jesus.
    While the evolution of Christiananality pedophilia over the millennia hasn't varied much except for SCOTUS Bicentennial "one nation under God with equal justice under law" thieving US Constitution - old glory - old testament arsonists Islamidotocracy Mohammed pedophilia more perfect union of "serve the Pope or die" & Islam "death to the infidels" burning Bush's 9/11 Arab health care plan while putting on a patriot act in this Christian Nation second coming as today's Russia's Orthodox Church rootin' tootin' Putin Ukraine persecution.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,418 Times in 53,287 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saltydancin View Post
    While the evolution of Christiananality pedophilia over the millennia hasn't varied much except for SCOTUS Bicentennial "one nation under God with equal justice under law" thieving US Constitution - old glory - old testament arsonists Islamidotocracy Mohammed pedophilia more perfect union of "serve the Pope or die" & Islam "death to the infidels" burning Bush's 9/11 Arab health care plan while putting on a patriot act in this Christian Nation second coming as today's Russia's Orthodox Church rootin' tootin' Putin Ukraine persecution.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,772 Times in 27,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Jews have suffered hatred for 20 centuries — with Christian contempt lying behind most of the injustices and pogroms

With the emergence of Christianity, the followers of Christ believed themselves to be the true heirs of the covenant. For these Christians, Jesus’ messiaship was understood as bringing about a new age in which the true Israel would become a light unto the nations. Given this vision, the Jewish people were regarded with animosity. The writers of the Gospels depicted Jesus attacking the leaders of the nation, and the Church taught that “circumcision of the heart” — rather than obedience to the Law — was what God required.

In the light of this teaching, the Fathers of the Church developed an Adversos Judaeos tradition which vilified the Jews. According to them, Jews were guilty of indecent actions, and they continued to be seen as a contemptible people. By rejecting Christ, Jews were rejected themselves and were doomed for eternity.

https://www.thejc.com/lets-talk/all/...GkvLtrHUpA6crN
    One of the major flaws in religious thought

To be the last religion standing

It destroys most of the good religion does for humans

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,699 Times in 27,336 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

I think the oppression of the Jews in Europe was for reasons more related to socio-economics, politics, xenophobia, culture, rather than strictly religious reasons. With very few exceptions, the popes and leaders of the Medieval church wrote that Jews weren't entitled to the same rights as christians, but they shouldn't be harassed or assaulted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I just finished my audio book on Jewish civilization from late antiquity to the early modern era.

The experience and history of the Jewish diaspora is a lot more complex than I imagined.

Up until the late Middle Ages, Christian western Europe was generally semi-tolerant of the Jews. The doctrine articulated by Saint Augustine was that Jews might be second class citizens, but they should not be harassed, forcibly converted, or assaulted. It was the job of Jesus to convert them upon his return. It wasn't the job of Europeans to convert them.

The crusades and economic factors in the High and Late Middle Ages manifested in resentment towards the Jews, and that was the beginning of widespread harassment of the Jews. That is why a lot of Jews went to Eastern Europe, in the early modern period there were more economic opportunities and less harassment in the Polish commonwealth.

Interestingly, when the Jews were expelled from Spain in 1492, a lot of them went to the Ottoman empire, because the Ottoman Muslims were generally tolerant and welcoming to Jews; it didn't hurt that the Jews had a lot of skills the Ottomans valued.
    Last edited by Cypress; 10-21-2022 at 07:30 AM.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

From that "serve the Pope or die" Christiananality pedophilia tradition, now a 21st century SCOTUS Rehnquist Islamidiotocracy Mohammed pedophilia Fourth Reich July 9/11 national religion of "death to the infidels" Federal Lynching KKK churchstate of hate enforcement persecution.....

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That WW II Mengele "Angel of Death" most likely is coming back as SCOTUS & those crooks on Capital Hill in their it's only a Christian Nation if Islamidiotocracy Mohammed pedophilia of Klues Klucks duh Klans Islam human reproduction medical pseudoscience fabricated virgin Mary misnomer immaculate Jesus the Christ son of Allah conception as with Arab "death to the infidels" 9/11 healthcare plan patriot act.

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,418 Times in 53,287 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saltydancin View Post
    That WW II Mengele "Angel of Death" most likely is coming back as SCOTUS & those crooks on Capital Hill in their it's only a Christian Nation if Islamidiotocracy Mohammed pedophilia of Klues Klucks duh Klans Islam human reproduction medical pseudoscience fabricated virgin Mary misnomer immaculate Jesus the Christ son of Allah conception as with Arab "death to the infidels" 9/11 healthcare plan patriot act.
    Thanks so much, Reverend Billy Bob. Amen and all that stuff.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,582 Times in 9,989 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 873 Times in 830 Posts

As a non Jew I can tell you this. I could care less about them either way. Do I hate them? No, sure dont. They are people just like anyone else. Do I hold them in any higher regard simply because they are Jews? No , sure dont. They are just people like anyone else. If they do well...Great, could care less. If they suck ass....great could care less. They simply arent on my list of things to worry about or give much thought. I dont care. Seriously.....Who sits around thinking....GEE I think Ill really put some thought into thinking about the Jews today? Nobody I know. Truth be told I think most non Jews feel the same way,....they could care less.

11. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,699 Times in 27,336 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    As a non Jew I can tell you this. I could care less about them either way. Do I hate them? No, sure dont. They are people just like anyone else. Do I hold them in any higher regard simply because they are Jews? No , sure dont. They are just people like anyone else. If they do well...Great, could care less. If they suck ass....great could care less. They simply arent on my list of things to worry about or give much thought. I dont care. Seriously.....Who sits around thinking....GEE I think Ill really put some thought into thinking about the Jews today? Nobody I know. Truth be told I think most non Jews feel the same way,....they could care less.
    very closed minded.

I have invested a significant amount of time learning about Judaism. When I Iearn something about other cultures and traditions I invariably learn something about myself.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (10-21-2022)

13. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,582 Times in 9,989 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 873 Times in 830 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    very closed minded.

I have invested a significant amount of time learning about Judaism. When I Iearn something about other cultures and traditions I invariably learn something about myself.
    Read what I posted. NOT what I am talking about. It is fine to know Jewish history. I know some myself. I was talking about Jewish people. I dont single them out as subject matter,...they are just people to me, nothing else. Sink or swim, good or bad,....none of my concern.

14. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,112 Times in 12,637 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Jews have suffered hatred for 20 centuries — with Christian contempt lying behind most of the injustices and pogroms

With the emergence of Christianity, the followers of Christ believed themselves to be the true heirs of the covenant. For these Christians, Jesus’ messiaship was understood as bringing about a new age in which the true Israel would become a light unto the nations. Given this vision, the Jewish people were regarded with animosity. The writers of the Gospels depicted Jesus attacking the leaders of the nation, and the Church taught that “circumcision of the heart” — rather than obedience to the Law — was what God required.

In the light of this teaching, the Fathers of the Church developed an Adversos Judaeos tradition which vilified the Jews. According to them, Jews were guilty of indecent actions, and they continued to be seen as a contemptible people. By rejecting Christ, Jews were rejected themselves and were doomed for eternity.

https://www.thejc.com/lets-talk/all/...GkvLtrHUpA6crN
    So what?
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

15. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,112 Times in 12,637 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Who here is perfect?
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

16. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Who here is perfect?
    Ain't nobody perfect except a perfect stranger !