Thread: The moon landing was faked

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,327 Times in 1,987 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 174 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    That's only true for carbon14 isotopes.

If you knew anything about geosciences, you would know there are more radiometric isotopes dating techinques than just carbon. Potassium, Rubidium, Strontium isotopes to name a few, and some of these radiometric techniques have half lives of a billion years or more.
    Don't believe everything you find on Google and Wikipedia. Bone and rock cannot be dated. Post your link so we can read it ourselves.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,713 Times in 27,343 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goat View Post
    Don't believe everything you find on Google and Wikipedia. Bone and rock cannot be dated. Post your link so we can read it ourselves.
    I spent a career working in the geosciences. I don't need to rely on Wikipedia.

I accept your tacit confession that you just had no idea there were other radiometric isotopes besides carbon 14.

There potassium-argon isotope series is good for dating rocks up to 4.3 billion years old

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Doc Dutch (10-16-2022)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,327 Times in 1,987 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 174 Posts

I spent a career working in the geosciences. I don't need to rely on Wikipedia.

I accept your tacit confession that you just had no idea there were other radiometric isotopes besides carbon 14.

There potassium-argon isotope series is good for dating rocks up to 4.3 billion years old
    Geology use the stratum to guess at the age of rock. The radioactive decay happens to the organic material surrounding the rock. Potassium-argon isotope cannot account for the rock-cycle. Post your link and prove me wrong.

You want us to believe the fairytale of humans bringing back moon rocks. Why would NASA send men to the moon knowing the odds of them making it back are slim to none?

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,479 Times in 52,483 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

He must have frantically googled for information on radiometric isotopes, because he ended up with the catastrophically mistaken idea that carbon 14 is the only radiometric dating technique out there.
    A key point about conspiracy theories is that they take a few facts and then extrapolate them into a fantastic claims.

Common goatisms are Bush and Jews conspiring to blow up the WTC and Nixon being able to fool the Soviets and Red Chinese for over 50 years with a fake Moon landing.

Gee, too bad Nixon couldn’t fool Americans about Watergate with equal dexterity. LOL
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

christiefan915 (10-17-2022), Cypress (10-16-2022)

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by goat View Post
    Geology use the stratum to guess at the age of rock. The radioactive decay happens to the organic material surrounding the rock. Potassium-argon isotope cannot account for the rock-cycle. Post your link and prove me wrong.

You want us to believe the fairytale of humans bringing back moon rocks. Why would NASA send men to the moon knowing the odds of them making it back are slim to none?
    Look at you, frantically googling and then running back here to post incomplete information that you frantically acquired in just 40 seconds.

Obviously, before this thread you had absolutely no idea there were radiometric dating techniques besides carbon 14, which is only used for organic matter.

When you date discrete mineral crystals, you don't have to worry about the rock cycle, because you are dating the time of crystal formation, not rock formation. You can get dates on sedimentary rocks which are recycled rock material by dating volcanic ash layers embedded in the sedimentary strata.

Common radiometric isotope techniques used on rocks and minerals include Uranium 235, rubidium 87 and potassium 40. These methods are sufficient to date rocks billions of years old.

, https://www.nps.gov/subjects/geology...0new%20isotope.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Doc Dutch (10-16-2022)

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    A key point about conspiracy theories is that they take a few facts and then extrapolate them into a fantastic claims.

Common goatisms are Bush and Jews conspiring to blow up the WTC and Nixon being able to fool the Soviets and Red Chinese for over 50 years with a fake Moon landing.

Gee, too bad Nixon couldn’t fool Americans about Watergate with equal dexterity. LOL
    Conspiracy theories start to look retarded when they have to invoke fantastical claims of the global scientific and engineering communities operating in league with national governments to perpetrate the perfect hoax, and then cover it up for 50 years.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

christiefan915 (10-17-2022)

11. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

The oldest Moon rocks are 4.4 billion years old, which is extraordinary.

Moon rocks lack any of the hydrated silicates common in earth rocks.

Isotopic signature of moon rocks are good evidence that the Moon was once a chunk of the Earth knocked off in an impact event early in the formation of the solar system.
    wait!......if moon rocks originally came from earth, how are moon rocks proof of the moon landing?........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

12. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    wait!......if moon rocks originally came from earth, how are moon rocks proof of the moon landing?........
    Already addressed multiple times on this thread, and I am losing patience to deal with nincompoops who don't have the slightest knowledge of geologic processes. I usually keep my mouth shut if I don't have actual knowledge of a topic.

Unlike Earth rocks, the moon rocks are utterly devoid of hydrated silicate minerals, because the moon doesn't have a water cycle like the earth does.

So your claim is that NASA got Neil Armstrong and the other appolo astronauts to lie about collecting lunar rocks. That theory of yours just makes you look retarded.

13. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Already addressed multiple times on this thread, and I am losing patience to deal with nincompoops who don't have the slightest knowledge of geologic processes. I usually keep my mouth shut if I don't have actual knowledge of a topic.

Unlike Earth rocks, the moon rocks are utterly devoid of hydrated silicate minerals, because the moon doesn't have a water cycle like the earth does.

So your claim is that NASA got Neil Armstrong and the other appolo astronauts to lie about collecting lunar rocks. That theory of yours just makes you look retarded.
    sorry cunt......I've said nothing about Armstrong and I've already posted that I believe there was a moon landing.......my theory is they faked the photos because they forgot to pack the film for the camera......

but I asked about the rocks because you had argued they couldn't be faked........then you posted they originally came from earth......seemed like an obvious contradiction.......when I asked you hadn't yet mentioned "hydrated silicates".......though I wonder if there aren't possibly rocks on earth in areas with little water that have the same structure.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

goat (10-16-2022)

15. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,429 Times in 53,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Many of our posters who believe all the conspiracy theories joined the crowd on this one.

Buzz Aldrin's daughter was one of my students.

Man punched in the face by Buzz Aldrin still insists moon landing was fake: report
    https://www.orlandosentinel.com/space/apollo-11-anniversary/os-ne-apollo-11-moon-landing-doubter-punched-by-buzz-aldrin-20190719-h2aor2mlkvcxdfwev5l4rvwi54-story.html

That's amazing! What was she like?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

16. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

He must have frantically googled for information on radiometric isotopes, because he ended up with the catastrophically mistaken idea that carbon 14 is the only radiometric dating technique out there.
    It's what the ignorant and stupid do. Now you will be hated and insulted for showing everyone else what a loser imbecile he is.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

17. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That's only true for carbon14 isotopes.

If you knew anything about geosciences, you would know there are more radiometric isotopes dating techinques than just carbon. Potassium, Rubidium, Strontium isotopes to name a few, and some of these radiometric techniques have half lives of a billion years or more.
    Anyone who has taken an archaeology or physical anthropology class knows this. Goat gets his "facts" from other psychos.

Types of radiometric dating

This one has proven especially useful in dating hominin remains.

Potassium-argon dating is a method that allows us to calculate the age of a rock, or how long ago it was formed, by measuring the ratio of radioactive argon to radioactive potassium within it.

Radioactive potassium (40K – a solid) decays to radioactive argon (40Ar – a gas), at a known rate. When volcanic rocks are formed and cooled, all argon within the rock is released into the atmosphere, and when the rock hardens, none can re-enter.

This means that any argon present in a volcanic rock must have been produced by the decay of radioactive potassium, so measuring the ratio can enable a scientist to date the sample.

This method is limited, because it’s only applicable to volcanic rocks, but is useful for older archaeology because it has a date range of about 4.3 billion to 100,000 years ago.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (10-16-2022)

19. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    sorry cunt......I've said nothing about Armstrong and I've already posted that I believe there was a moon landing.......my theory is they faked the photos because they forgot to pack the film for the camera......

but I asked about the rocks because you had argued they couldn't be faked........then you posted they originally came from earth......seemed like an obvious contradiction.......when I asked you hadn't yet mentioned "hydrated silicates".......though I wonder if there aren't possibly rocks on earth in areas with little water that have the same structure.....
    Yes, Pmp, somebody scoured the Earth to find samples of basalt and gabbro which all just fantastically and improbably happened to not have a trace of any hydrated silicates, and then gave them to Neil Armstrong and 12 other Apollo astronauts and convinced them to lie about collecting them from the lunar surface, and not spill the beans for 50 years.

Great theory, you have there

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (10-16-2022)

21. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    It's what the ignorant and stupid do. Now you will be hated and insulted for showing everyone else what a loser imbecile he is.
    I try to keep my mouth shut when I don't have any actual or tangible knowledge of a topic. Is that unusual message board etiquette?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (10-16-2022)

23. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Anyone who has taken an archaeology or physical anthropology class knows this. Goat gets his "facts" from other psychos.

Types of radiometric dating

This one has proven especially useful in dating hominin remains.
    I would have thought anyone with the slightest interest in the Earth sciences would have been aware there were various radiometric isotope dating techniques, some of which are sufficient for dating rocks billions of years old.

You don't even need to have had any university level geology classes to have this knowledge. A reader of National Geographic would be able to acquire this information.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Doc Dutch (10-16-2022), ThatOwlWoman (10-16-2022)