Thread: October surprise? Why OPEC's planned price hike could pummel Democrats

1. #196 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,129 Times in 11,701 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    It is a dictatorship, in all but name. It has people called "oligarchs", but they are being made rich, or killed at the orders of one man.
    Redefinition fallacy (oligarchy<->dictatorship).
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

2. #197 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,129 Times in 11,701 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    Let's get this straight- YOU'RE HOPING THE SAUDIS INTENTIONALLY HURT'S THE DEMOCRATS CHANCES IN THE ELECTION EVEN THOUGH THIS SAUDI DECISION IS HURTING AMERICA'S HARDEST WORKING AMERICANS- NOT JUST THE DEMOCRATS!

ARE YOU A TRAITOR? OR JUST SO DESPERATE TO WIN, YOU RELY ON FOREIGN GOVERNMENTS TO HELP YOU OUT?

My question- WHY DID THE SAUDIS JUST GIFT 3 BILLION DOLLARS TO JARED KUSHNER?

THAT MAY TAKE A CLOSER LOOK NOW!

WE BETTER INVESTIGATE THIS!
    The States don't import much oil from the Saudis.
    Most of that comes from Canada, currently a dictatorship.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

3. #198 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,262 Times in 7,145 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Deplorable!
    I was going to say.....That's dispicable!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

Phantasmal (10-06-2022)

5. #199 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    The States don't import much oil from the Saudis.
    Most of that comes from Canada, currently a dictatorship.
    I don't think Canada is a drop in the bucket, as Russia, Saudi Arabia, and the United States are the major 3, and they all produce over 10,000 barrels a day of crude.

Funny, as we have not heard from Exxon/Mobile or any of the other American companies saying they were going to take up the slack and produce more oil!

Most especially since the American Oil companies are not acting on over 3500 leases now, and not because of the price- as the price of crude is still well up over 100 a barrel- WHERE THEY WANTED IT ALL ALONG!

SO IN MY OPINION, AMERICAN OIL COMPANIES ARE JUST SITTING THERE IDLE PLAYING POLITICS INSTEAD OF SHOWING INTEREST IN HELPING AMERICA GET THROUGH THE CRISIS BEING POISED BY THE SAUDIS!

American Independence my ass! This claim that Trump brought Oil Independence to America for the first time is total BULLSHIT!

As American oil producers actually purchased even more oil from the Saudis and Russia all through the TRUMP administration- in record proportions, more than ever before TRUMP became president.

Watch now how the American oil producing companies will sit and watch the price of crude go up to 150 or more a barrel- then they will start sucking more oil out of the ground again- as if they are trying to suck-start a Harley!

Dude, American Oil companies are only looking after their own CEO's wallets and couldn't give one squirt of runny shit about HOW MUCH GASOLINE IS GOING TO COST THE AVERAGE AMERICAN!

American Oil companies are UGLY AMERICANS in bed with the UGLY REPUBLICANS who, because of Donald CORRUPTED Trump, is now in bed with RUSSIA AND THE SAUDIS!

Traitors- all of you! In bed with our worst enemies now!

THIS IS ALL GOING TO BACKFIRE- AS THE WORLD GETS MORE CORRUPTED IN THIS TRUMP ERA, AND NOW INVOLVING AMERICAN OIL PRODUCERS JUMPING IN BED WITH OUR ENEMIES TO FORCE THE PRICE OF CRUDE UP- IS ONLY GOING TO PUSH MORE PEOPLE TO BUY ELECTRIC AND OTHER ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY ALTERNATIVE FUEL DRIVEN AUTOMOBILES.

YOU GET WHAT YOU ASKED FOR!
    Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 10-06-2022 at 01:11 PM.

6. #200 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Let's get this straight- YOU'RE HOPING THE SAUDIS INTENTIONALLY HURT'S THE DEMOCRATS CHANCES IN THE ELECTION EVEN THOUGH THIS SAUDI DECISION IS HURTING AMERICA'S HARDEST WORKING AMERICANS- NOT JUST THE DEMOCRATS!

ARE YOU A TRAITOR? OR JUST SO DESPERATE TO WIN, YOU RELY ON FOREIGN GOVERNMENTS TO HELP YOU OUT?

My question- WHY DID THE SAUDIS JUST GIFT 3 BILLION DOLLARS TO JARED KUSHNER?

THAT MAY TAKE A CLOSER LOOK NOW!

WE BETTER INVESTIGATE THIS!
    Let me ask you this, there are environmentalists who celebrate higher gas prices because they believe people will drive less, buy more fuel efficient cars and make transitioning to alternative energy sources more economically viable. We believe that in California where we put massive taxes on fuel and all kinds of regulations that drive up energy costs in the name of combatting climate change. If the hardest working Americans are economically harmed by that then that's the price we have to pay (they should have gone to college).

And shouldn't this action by the Saudi's help in the long run get us off fossil fuels faster? So from that perspective is this a bad thing what the Saudi's are doing?

7. #201 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,352 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 116 Times in 108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Let me ask you this, there are environmentalists who celebrate higher gas prices because they believe people will drive less, buy more fuel efficient cars and make transitioning to alternative energy sources more economically viable. We believe that in California where we put massive taxes on fuel and all kinds of regulations that drive up energy costs in the name of combatting climate change. If the hardest working Americans are economically harmed by that then that's the price we have to pay (they should have gone to college).
    But, by the same token, those same liberals are also voting FOR improved social safetynets, higher minimum wages, etc. So in total the LIberal position is better than the Conservative position which is simply to rejoice anytime a "lib is owned" no matter how. Even if it harms them as well.

And shouldn't this action by the Saudi's help in the long run get us off fossil fuels faster? So from that perspective is this a bad thing what the Saudi's are doing?
    In many ways that's true. In the 1970's America actually started looking at SMALL CARS for the first time in forever mainly because gas shortages at the time. Again, due to OPEC.

The key is to push for these changes without leaving people behind. The Liberal position, like it or not, is more internally consistent than the "Own the LIbs at all costs" Conservatives.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Saint Guinefort For This Post:

LV426 (10-06-2022)

9. #202 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hey, I'm hearing you! SHORT RUN- YES, AMERICA WILL BE IMPACTED BY THE PRICE INCREASE!

But in the longer run- YES, AMERICA WILL DO WHAT WE HAVE TO DO, AND WHAT WE HAVE TO DO EVEN MORE NOW IS MOVE ON THE ALTERNATIVE GREENER FUELS- AND TRULY BECOME INDEPENDENT ON FUEL, NOT JUST CRUDE- AND THE USA WILL BECOME THE MORE ECONOMICALLY SECURE AND HAVING THE BEST ENVIRONMENTALLY SAFEST WAY TO FUEL OUR CARS!

THANKS SAUDIS! THANKS AMERICAN OIL PRODUCERS WHO ARE SITTING ON THEIR HANDS IN TIMES OF ECONOMIC CRISIS CAUSED BY THEIR INSISTENCE TO DO NOTHING ABOUT IT!

10. #203 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Hey, I'm hearing you! SHORT RUN- YES, AMERICA WILL BE IMPACTED BY THE PRICE INCREASE!

But in the longer run- YES, AMERICA WILL DO WHAT WE HAVE TO DO, AND WHAT WE HAVE TO DO EVEN MORE NOW IS MOVE ON THE ALTERNATIVE GREENER FUELS- AND TRULY BECOME INDEPENDENT ON FUEL, NOT JUST CRUDE- AND THE USA WILL BECOME THE MORE ECONOMICALLY SECURE AND HAVING THE BEST ENVIRONMENTALLY SAFEST WAY TO FUEL OUR CARS!

THANKS SAUDIS! THANKS AMERICAN OIL PRODUCERS WHO ARE SITTING ON THEIR HANDS IN TIMES OF ECONOMIC CRISIS CAUSED BY THEIR INSISTENCE TO DO NOTHING ABOUT IT!
    I don't work in the oil industry so I'm not going to pretend like I fully understand their business model. I do know they exist to extract oil but I also know that their projects take long term planning and execution and generally aren't things you are start and stop on a whim. So if I'm an oil guy and I hear all this anti fossil fuel rhetoric coming from the highest levels of our government where is my incentive to do anything more than I think I need to do?

It seems a very mix message to me that they are both basically evil for the damage they do to the planet but then are called on to be patriotic and produce more so short term costs come down.

11. #204 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Only a Complete Dumb Ass would blame Democrats as if they are the ones who set global Oil Prices …
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

Althea (10-06-2022)

13. #205 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't work in the oil industry so I'm not going to pretend like I fully understand their business model. I do know they exist to extract oil but I also know that their projects take long term planning and execution and generally aren't things you are start and stop on a whim. So if I'm an oil guy and I hear all this anti fossil fuel rhetoric coming from the highest levels of our government where is my incentive to do anything more than I think I need to do?

It seems a very mix message to me that they are both basically evil for the damage they do to the planet but then are called on to be patriotic and produce more so short term costs come down.
    Well, I'm not a petroleum engineer either.

But, even the world's smartest petroleum engineers have revealed that there is not enough crude left in the world to fuel the world's demands for gasoline past another 35 years- based on the world's current demands.

SO, the writing has been on the wall for the Saudis and the American Oil producers that their bird nest on the ground is going away and sooner than they want.

So, there obviously will be attempts to milk the crude oil prices until it's all gone for what they can get out of it- by making it short of demand so that the price will be as high as it can get.

It is just nature taking it's ugly greedy course- THIS IS WHAT MAN DOES!

But, then again, I remember when radio was the big thing- AND THEN CAME ALONG TELEVISION AND THE RADIO BECAME SOMETHING YOU DO IN THE CAR WHILE DRIVING.

IT'S CALLED INNOVATION!

It's called progress!

I just find it odd that Republicans are the only ones trying to hold America back from innovation and progress- and it is not hard to figure out as they continue to seek money from the Petroleum industry to get themselves elected every election.

That is not progress- THAT IS CORRUPTION!
    Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 10-06-2022 at 02:07 PM.

14. #206 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    They are predicting a two thirds chance that Republicans will lose the Senate, and a two thirds chance Republicans will win the House. That means a real chance that Republicans will lose both.
    you may be right if between now and the election they change the election for congress to a national "generic" election.......do you expect that to happen?......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

15. #207 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

so its a bad thing for the Saudis to fuck over the American oil consumers by cutting production but its a good thing that Biden fucked over the American oil consumers by cutting production?......how does that work in your mind?.....
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

16. #208 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    so its a bad thing for the Saudis to fuck over the American oil consumers by cutting production but its a good thing that Biden fucked over the American oil consumers by cutting production?......how does that work in your mind?.....
    Its all of OPEC that is bending towards the Chinese and against the West.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

17. #209 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Phimosis View Post
    But, by the same token, those same liberals are also voting FOR improved social safetynets, higher minimum wages, etc. So in total the LIberal position is better than the Conservative position which is simply to rejoice anytime a "lib is owned" no matter how. Even if it harms them as well.

In many ways that's true. In the 1970's America actually started looking at SMALL CARS for the first time in forever mainly because gas shortages at the time. Again, due to OPEC.

The key is to push for these changes without leaving people behind. The Liberal position, like it or not, is more internally consistent than the "Own the LIbs at all costs" Conservatives.
    If Hershel Walker and Dr. B-OZ-O is the answer to "Owning the libs" KNOCK YOUR LITTLE PINK PANTIES OFF TRUMPTARDS!

What's next? You TRUMPTARDS GOING TO ENDORSE THE 3 STOOGES?

18. #210 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Its all of OPEC that is bending towards the Chinese and against the West.
    nothing in this thread is about the Chinese.......I don't think it is fair for you to charge XI for this post......