Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: October surprise? Why OPEC's planned price hike could pummel Democrats

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,750 Times in 4,500 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    The economy (Which includes oil prices) is very high on the voter's minds.
    Agreed, but people view it differently. Under a Democratic president Democratic voters rate the economy much better than Republican voters. Under a Republican president Republican voters rate the economy much better than Democratic voters.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Reported your 12b violation
    Oh really?

Tell me, who on JPP did I call out specifically and make that accusation?

No one.

What I said was no different from you calling me a "groomer", except that I have receipts like the GOP perv bills that make it so Ted Cruz can stare at your naked child.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

3. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (10-05-2022)

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    with demand dropping thanks to the recession nobody should be surprised that supply would be dialed back. they've been talking about it for months now.

and it does not hurt that it cranks the prices, their mommas need a new pair of shoes as well.
    How's that boot taste?

5. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Agreed, but people view it differently. Under a Democratic president Democratic voters rate the economy much better than Republican voters. Under a Republican president Republican voters rate the economy much better than Democratic voters.
    Yet when it comes to the facts, economies when Democrats are in charge always perform better than when Conservatives are in charge.

At least, that's been the case for about 40 years now.

Conservatives have not created one single net private sector job in 30 years.

Bush the Elder was the last Conservative President to have net private sector job growth, and most all that growth happened in the first couple years. By 1991, the economy was in a recession AGAIN.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Phantasmal (10-05-2022)

7. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,089 Times in 33,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,080 Times in 4,696 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Yet when it comes to the facts, economies when Democrats are in charge always perform better than when Conservatives are in charge.

At least, that's been the case for about 40 years now.

Conservatives have not created one single net private sector job in 30 years.
    Can’t dispute the facts.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

LV426 (10-05-2022)

9. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

The midterm elections are weeks away and OPEC+ is threatening to cut oil production. That’s not good news for you, the consumer; it’s also not good news for President Joe Biden and his fellow Democrats.

Biden’s bump up in the polls over the past few months tracked declining gasoline prices. For nearly 100 days, gas prices went down. They peaked at a record high of more than $5 per gallon in June and reached a low of $3.67. Now, at $3.80, they have begun to head back up.

According to the Real Clear Politics average of polls, Joe Biden’s "disapprove" rating peaked at the end of June at 57.3% and dropped to 53.1% in mid-September, along with the slide in gasoline prices. Since then, the percentage of voters expressing disapproval of Biden has inched higher, and GOP chances are looking brighter......

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/octo...mmel-democrats

==============================================

OPEC + (+=Russia) announced a 2,000,0000 barrel a day cut . That along with America's decline in production as a result to Biden's anti fossil fuel policies and the closing of the construction XL Pipeline which would be pumping 900,000 barrels a day to Texas refineries and now the Strategic Oil Reserve is down to 40% capacity. All bad signs for future oil prices . Buckle up.
    Would've never happened under Pres.Trump, and wouldn't have mattered if it did...
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

10. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,352 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 116 Times in 108 Posts

Yep and yet he says OPEC does not care about US oil production AT ALL. Crazy I know.
    No, he's right. US production is at the pleasure of OPEC. The only way it really becomes economical for us is when oil prices are sky high.

And since our prices are 60% impacted by GLOBAL OIL PRICES when OPEC pulls the stings WE JUMP.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Saint Guinefort For This Post:

LV426 (10-05-2022)

12. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,168 Times in 14,706 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    My prediction if Trumpublicans win in 2022, suddenly, the economy will be AMAZING, though little will change, if not get worse, under them in 2023.
    My prediction is there isn't a lot the Congress can do to correct Biden's energy policies that are hurting the US and that we will have to wait till 2024 to fix them.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

13. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    Would've never happened under Pres.Trump, and wouldn't have mattered if it did...
    You may be right. Clearly OPEC is more than happy to be in bed with Putin and work in accordance with what Putin wants. That was exactly what Trump specialized in. Perhaps Trump could suck on Vlad's "Little Tsar" for a little bit and work out some killer deals on oil!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Saint Guinefort For This Post:

Grokmaster (10-05-2022)

15. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I knew exactly what phimosis meant. I spent almost every Saturday of my residency doing 10-15 anesthetics for pediatric phimosis surgeries. That is why I suggested Peter (or perhaps Dick) might have been better. I'm not sure why you chose Perry or Peri though.
    Paraphimosis is when it won't go back.

So I went with Perry since it worked as a name.

16. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,168 Times in 14,706 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Phimosis View Post
    No, he's right. US production is at the pleasure of OPEC. The only way it really becomes economical for us is when oil prices are sky high.

And since our prices are 60% impacted by GLOBAL OIL PRICES when OPEC pulls the stings WE JUMP.
    Oil prices are most certainly affected by global production but when the US produces less than we use we tend to drive US oil prices higher.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post:

Grokmaster (10-05-2022)

18. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Oil prices are most certainly affected by global production but when the US produces less than we use we tend to drive US oil prices higher.
    No, it really doesn't because "we" aren't producing any oil, private oil companies are.

If you want true "energy independence", that means independence from private oil companies which would be nationalization.

You need to stop thinking that the oil belongs to us...it doesn't. It belongs to the companies that extract and refine it.

Once you realize that, it makes everything so much clearer...including the solution.

19. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

You may be right. Clearly OPEC is more than happy to be in bed with Putin and work in accordance with what Putin wants. That was exactly what Trump specialized in. Perhaps Trump could suck on Vlad's "Little Tsar" for a little bit and work out some killer deals on oil!
    Must be why Trump shut down Nordstream , and killed a few hundred Russians in Syria, to make Putin happy....fucking moron. He rendered OPEC IRRELEVANT...WHILE PRES.MORON GROVELS BEFORE THEM...

PUTIN WOULD NOT HAVE DREAMED OF INVADING UKRAINE WITH TRUMP AS CIC OF THE US MILITARY....
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

20. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,750 Times in 4,500 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

The Keystone XL pipeline "doesn’t even have any oil for America.

"https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2017/apr/16/kirsten-gillibrand/will-oil-keystone-xl-pipeline-stay-us/

MOSTLY FALSE!
    The Capline pipeline, connecting Patoka, Illinois to St. James, Louisiana, is now fully operational, transporting heavy crude oil produced in Canada’s tar sands to refiners along the U.S. Gulf of Mexico.
    The 632-mile, 40-inch pipeline system historically moved crude from the Louisiana Gulf Coast to Midwestern refiners, but was recently reversed to allow the delivery of oil from Canadian tar or oil sands to Gulf Coast refineries and shipping terminals.
    The pipeline began interim service on December 18, 2021 and went fully operational on January 1, 2022. It is currently transporting 200,000 barrels a day, with a little excess capacity to spare.
    The pipeline marks a significant shift for the Canadian petroleum industry, allowing Canada’s oil sands producers to export a record amount of crude to overseas markets.
    Canadian crude is a lower grade petroleum than the lighter Bakken shale, being similar to Venezuelan crude, whose production has significantly slipped in recent years.
    Helps Domestic Refiners
    The pipeline is a boon to Gulf Coast refiners, says Bette Grande, president of the Roughrider Policy Center.
    “The Capline reversal will provide heavy/sour Canadian crude to the gulf coast primarily for the refineries located there,” said Grande. “Much of the Gulf Coast refinery infrastructure is set up to process heavy/sour crude oil, much of which used to come from Venezuela.
    “The oil produced in New Mexico, North Dakota, and Texas is light, sweet crude, which many Gulf Coast refineries were not developed to refine,” Grande said. “Before the Capline reversal Canadian crude was shipped to the Gulf Coast by rail and barge, much more environmentally risky modes or oil transport.”
    Although the Capline reversal does not directly benefit domestic oil producers, it does benefit domestic refineries, Grande says.
    “If we are to import any oil it is preferable that it comes from our neighbor to the north rather than somewhere else,” said Grande. “Capeline’s reversal benefits the United States in general, providing the country with additional energy security.”
    Canadian Oil Sands Production Finds a New Outlet to the U.S. Gulf Coast (heartlanddailynews.com)

21. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

the most flipping can hope to accomplish over the next two years is to prevent Biden from making things worse by closing the checkbook and preventing war. then in 2024 repair can begin as always happens after democrat presidencies.

the adults always have to clean up the messes of the children.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

Grokmaster (10-05-2022)