Thread: Harris says more really stupid shit

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,290 Times in 13,417 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 843 Times in 802 Posts

Default Harris says more really stupid shit

Harris, the gaff machine that makes Joke look smart, has said that relief to Floridians will be based on equity rather than need.

DeSantis campaign claps back after VP says Ian aid will be 'based on equity'
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...paign=msn_feed

During the Democratic National Committee's Women’s Leadership Forum on Friday afternoon, Harris told actress Priyanka Chopra that when it comes to climate change, it is people in lower-income communities and people of color who are "most impacted by these extreme conditions."
    Not the people that live where the storm hit hardest... Talk about ignoring the science...!

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,784 Times in 17,103 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

Wealthy people can afford it.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Wealthy people can afford it.
    Who should we help first? A poor renter whose apartment was destroyed, or the well-off landlord / property owner of that apartment so the renter can return to their repaired apartment and go on with their life?

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Who should we help first? A poor renter whose apartment was destroyed, or the well-off landlord / property owner of that apartment so the renter can return to their repaired apartment and go on with their life?
    Whoever needs it the most and immediately. The wealthy people are well stocked with food and generators. Also they can always just evacuate in their fancy cars.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Whoever needs it the most and immediately. The wealthy people are well stocked with food and generators. Also they can always just evacuate in their fancy cars.
    You are making assumptions about the wealthy. That isn't, and likely isn't in most cases, true. The wealthy most likely simply left the state. The people most likely to be well stocked with food and means to deal with this disaster are the middle and upper middle class, particularly persons in the trades. For example, if I lived in Florida (not that I'm stupid enough to want to do that) with what I have, I'd have a generator, tools, pumps, compressors, two trucks, a backhoe, trailer, etc., where I could be doing serious mitigation of damage right away. It's people like that (me) that are best prepared to deal with these situations. Some rich fuck in a gazillion dollar mansion doesn't have a fucking clue about that shit 99% of the time.

The poor for the most part are renters. They only need be put in some shelter or another. The landlords and property owners that rent to them need the help ASAP to get those idiots back into their rental units and off the dole.

Neighborhoods need debris and things like fallen trees removed where they block access ASAP. Otherwise that can wait. Homes that flooded need flooring and drywall removed as soon as possible to mitigate black mold growing on surfaces. Somebody should go in and ensure that every home that flooded also has the main circuit breaker in the service panel off to prevent electrical fires and shock hazards.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

AProudLefty (10-01-2022)

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You are making assumptions about the wealthy. That isn't, and likely isn't in most cases, true. The wealthy most likely simply left the state. The people most likely to be well stocked with food and means to deal with this disaster are the middle and upper middle class, particularly persons in the trades. For example, if I lived in Florida (not that I'm stupid enough to want to do that) with what I have, I'd have a generator, tools, pumps, compressors, two trucks, a backhoe, trailer, etc., where I could be doing serious mitigation of damage right away. It's people like that (me) that are best prepared to deal with these situations. Some rich fuck in a gazillion dollar mansion doesn't have a fucking clue about that shit 99% of the time.

The poor for the most part are renters. They only need be put in some shelter or another. The landlords and property owners that rent to them need the help ASAP to get those idiots back into their rental units and off the dole.

Neighborhoods need debris and things like fallen trees removed where they block access ASAP. Otherwise that can wait. Homes that flooded need flooring and drywall removed as soon as possible to mitigate black mold growing on surfaces. Somebody should go in and ensure that every home that flooded also has the main circuit breaker in the service panel off to prevent electrical fires and shock hazards.
    Yeah that makes sense. Especially the landlords. I guess I see Harris' statement as wanting to help those most in need more.

And we have FEMA and Salvation Army anyway so they're always there to help.

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yeah that makes sense. Especially the landlords. I guess I see Harris' statement as wanting to help those most in need more.
    Harris's statements are based on typical Leftist nonsense and bullshit where the supposed "oppressed" need the help most even as they are fucked by that help leaving them in shelters, homeless, and dependent on government rather than helping landlords and property owners who the radical Left sees as nothing more than evil oppressors, make repairs to their property so they can get the renters back into their homes and everyone can go on with their lives productively.

Her statements are born out of ignorance and shallow thinking.

And we have FEMA and Salvation Army anyway so they're always there to help.
    They should be no more than a crutch or bridge to returning to normalcy rather than a near permanent solution. Better FEMA puts money into quickly mitigating damage and returning people to their homes than dragging in thousands of trailers for them to live in for months on end because they didn't put that money into construction materials and workers instead.

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Harris's statements are based on typical Leftist nonsense and bullshit where the supposed "oppressed" need the help most even as they are fucked by that help leaving them in shelters, homeless, and dependent on government rather than helping landlords and property owners who the radical Left sees as nothing more than evil oppressors, make repairs to their property so they can get the renters back into their homes and everyone can go on with their lives productively.

Her statements are born out of ignorance and shallow thinking.

They should be no more than a crutch or bridge to returning to normalcy rather than a near permanent solution. Better FEMA puts money into quickly mitigating damage and returning people to their homes than dragging in thousands of trailers for them to live in for months on end because they didn't put that money into construction materials and workers instead.
    Harris is not a radical Leftist. And I doubt that she thinks the landlords are evil oppressors.

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

I think it was VDH who says that she seems to on her own without the assist of pros have the vocab of 500 words.

Sounds right.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

Harris, the gaff machine that makes Joke look smart, has said that relief to Floridians will be based on equity rather than need.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...paign=msn_feed

Not the people that live where the storm hit hardest... Talk about ignoring the science...!

RACIST STORM RELIEF. TYPICAL OF THE CURRENT PACK OF RACE-BAITING IMBECILES IN DC...
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber