Members banned from this thread: archives

Thread: College Football discussion of the games

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts

Default College Football discussion of the games

I am starting this thread for the expressed purpose of discussing the games. I don't give a damn what you think of the institution.

This week the Crimson Tide starts the hard part of the schedule. Yes, Texas was hard. But the run we start Saturday is rough.

Arkansas

Texas A&M

Tennessee (actually good this year)

MS State

LSU

Ole Miss

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WinterBorn For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-29-2022), TOP (10-02-2022)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts

It was a wild day in college football yesterday.

Bama had our hands full against Arkansas.
    Georgia nearly lost to Mizzou
    The OSU/Rutgers game included a near fist fight between head coaches.
    Texas A&M lost again
    Georgia Tech won!

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

Tulane USC was epic.
    Biggest win for Tulane in my lifetime.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,176 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Tulane USC was epic.
    Biggest win for Tulane in my lifetime.
    Did you get to see the game?

With that score, it had to be fun to watch!

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    Did you get to see the game?

With that score, it had to be fun to watch!
    Yes. I grew up in N.O. and Tulane has been a long suffering perennial loser with some decent years
    They were behind the entire game and scored 16 unanswered points in the 4th qtr. that included a safety. They scored the TD with about 10 seconds left.
    Best game of the season! Although I think cawacko would disagree.
    Last edited by anonymoose; 01-03-2023 at 05:13 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Geeko Sportivo (01-02-2023)

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Georgia/OSU game was a wild one!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

anonymoose (01-02-2023)

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Yes. I grew up in N.O. and Tulane has been a long suffering perennial loser with some decent yeats
    They were behind the entire game and scored 16 unanswered points in the 4th qtr. that included a safety. They scored the TD with about 10 seconds left.
    Best game of the season! Although I think cawacko would disagree.
    Haha, I was at the game and did not leave with a smile on my face. (I was also at our game in Vegas when we lost to Utah and lost our chance to make the playoffs. I'm not bringing good luck).

The Tulane crowd far outnumbered our fans and to their credit the fans were loud and really into the game. Ours were mostly sitting on our hands.

That safety at the end happened right in front of the Tulane band/student section. It was LOUD.

The last TD with a few seconds left was interesting. You had the Tulane fans going nuts thinking they just won but I had a perfect view of it and saw he didn't catch it and saw the refs call it incomplete. So for a few seconds you had both fan bases cheering. Of course on replay it showed he did catch it but live I understand why it was called incomplete.

Brutal loss for us, that was just bad. But very entertaining game I'm sure for everyone else.

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Haha, I was at the game and did not leave with a smile on my face. (I was also at our game in Vegas when we lost to Utah and lost our chance to make the playoffs. I'm not bringing good luck).

The Tulane crowd far outnumbered our fans and to their credit the fans were loud and really into the game. Ours were mostly sitting on our hands.

That safety at the end happened right in front of the Tulane band/student section. It was LOUD.

The last TD with a few seconds left was interesting. You had the Tulane fans going nuts thinking they just won but I had a perfect view of it and saw he didn't catch it and saw the refs call it incomplete. So for a few seconds you had both fan bases cheering. Of course on replay it showed he did catch it but live I understand why it was called incomplete.

Brutal loss for us, that was just bad. But very entertaining game I'm sure for everyone else.
    I'm an LSU grad and it was almost historic for me to see LSU and Tulane playing at the same time Jan. 2. LSU vs. Purdue was men against boys.
    I spent very little time watching that other than to see how good their 2nd string QB was. And he was very, very good.
    The future looks good for LSU and USC.
    As far as Tulane, they were bitter rivals back in the day. LSU fans complained that all Tulane's games before the last one with LSU were nothing more than preseason practice . LSU would typically have a pretty good season, Tulane, typically a losing one but they would occasionally find a way to get waaay up for LSU and win.
    As to Tulane's future, that coach will inevitably get hired away and they'll go up and down. You don't hear much about Tulane but it's a great school and as much as I hate the city, New Orleans is a great place to go to a university like Tulane. Right in the heart of Uptown N.O. on St. Charles Ave., right across the street from Audubon Park, great music scene, restaurants and college bars. Just get the hell out after graduation.
    Last edited by anonymoose; 01-03-2023 at 04:49 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

cawacko (01-03-2023)

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

I'm an LSU grad and it was almost historic for me to see LSU and Tulane playing at the same time Jan. 2. LSU vs. Purdue was men against boys.
    I spent very little time watching that other than to see how good they're 2nd string QB was. And he was very, very good.
    The future looks good for LSU and USC.
    As far as Tulane, they were bitter rivals back in the day. LSU fans complained that all Tulane's games before the last one with LSU were nothing more than preseason practice . LSU would typically have a pretty good season, Tulane, typically a losing one but they would occasionally find a way to get waaay up for LSU and win.
    As to Tulane's future, that coach will inevitably get hired away and they'll go up and down. You don't hear much about Tulane but it's a great school and as much as I hate the city, New Orleans is a great place to go to a university like Tulane. Right in the heart of Uptown N.O. on St. Charles Ave., right across the street from Audubon Park, great music scene, restaurants and college bars. Just get the hell out after graduation.
    I've done some work with a guy on the Cotton Bowl Board and he invited me to the special breakfast two days before the game where both coaches spoke. The Tulane coach came across as very personable and likeable and he's worked his way up from coaching in high school and the junior college level to where he is now. I was impressed by him.

I worked with a lady who went to Tulane and she's but one person but she spoke glowingly of her time there and would often go back for the various music festivals in New Orleans. US News & World Report has Tulane ranked #44 among national Universities so that's impressive.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

anonymoose (01-03-2023)