Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Former Pentagon Advisor Says US Likely Attacked Nord Stream to Isolate Germany

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 890 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 144 Times in 135 Posts

Default Former Pentagon Advisor Says US Likely Attacked Nord Stream to Isolate Germany

'A former Pentagon advisor says the most likely culprits behind the Nord Stream pipeline blasts are the United States and Britain, and that the attack was carried out to prevent Germany from bailing on the war in Ukraine.

Retired US Army colonel Douglas Macgregor made the comments during an appearance on the Judging Freedom podcast.

Macgregor said a process of elimination rules out Germany, because they are dependent on Nord Stream for their energy security, while it also served no benefit for Russia to have sabotaged its own infrastructure.

“Would the Russians destroy their own pipeline? 40 percent of Russian gross national product or gross domestic product consists of foreign currency that comes into the country to purchase natural gas, oil, coal and so forth. So the Russians did not do this. The notion that they did I think is absurd,” Macgregor said.'

'However, citing reports that more than 500 kg of TNT had been detected in both explosions, the former Pentagon advisor suggested only the United States and British Royal Navy had the capability to pull off the attack.

“Then you have to look at who are the state actors that have the capability to do this. And that means the Royal Navy, the United States Navy Special Operations,” said Macgregor.

“I think that’s pretty clear. We know that thousands of pounds of TNT were used because these pipelines are enormously robust. You have several inches of concrete around various metal alloys to move the natural gas. So it’s not something that you could simply drop a grenade down at the end of a fish line and disrupt. That means it takes a certain amount of sophistication,” he added.

Macgregor suggested that the motive behind the attacks was to prevent Germany from bailing on the Ukraine war after Berlin began “to give the impression that they were no longer going to go along with this proxy war in Ukraine.”'

https://summit.news/2022/10/03/forme...olate-germany/

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to McRocket For This Post:

Blackwater Lunchbreak (10-04-2022), goat (10-04-2022), moon (10-04-2022), Truth Detector (10-03-2022)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,102 Times in 12,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,441 Times in 1,385 Posts
    Blog Entries

That the US did it certainly seems more likely than that the Russians did...I said this at the jump. I dont know how it will ever be proven, if it can be proven, but if it is then the Chinese will make a lot of hay over this, one of their main arguments is that America treats our allies like shit.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Blackwater Lunchbreak (10-04-2022), Truth Detector (10-03-2022)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Also Tuckers "But what about global warming?" when released methane it is said is very bad for the planet. So America decided to release all of that methane on purpose?
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Truth Detector (10-03-2022)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,067 Times in 3,417 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 643 Times in 611 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McRocket View Post
    'A former Pentagon advisor says the most likely culprits behind the Nord Stream pipeline blasts are the United States and Britain, and that the attack was carried out to prevent Germany from bailing on the war in Ukraine.

Retired US Army colonel Douglas Macgregor made the comments during an appearance on the Judging Freedom podcast.

Macgregor said a process of elimination rules out Germany, because they are dependent on Nord Stream for their energy security, while it also served no benefit for Russia to have sabotaged its own infrastructure.

“Would the Russians destroy their own pipeline? 40 percent of Russian gross national product or gross domestic product consists of foreign currency that comes into the country to purchase natural gas, oil, coal and so forth. So the Russians did not do this. The notion that they did I think is absurd,” Macgregor said.'

'However, citing reports that more than 500 kg of TNT had been detected in both explosions, the former Pentagon advisor suggested only the United States and British Royal Navy had the capability to pull off the attack.

“Then you have to look at who are the state actors that have the capability to do this. And that means the Royal Navy, the United States Navy Special Operations,” said Macgregor.

“I think that’s pretty clear. We know that thousands of pounds of TNT were used because these pipelines are enormously robust. You have several inches of concrete around various metal alloys to move the natural gas. So it’s not something that you could simply drop a grenade down at the end of a fish line and disrupt. That means it takes a certain amount of sophistication,” he added.

Macgregor suggested that the motive behind the attacks was to prevent Germany from bailing on the Ukraine war after Berlin began “to give the impression that they were no longer going to go along with this proxy war in Ukraine.”'

Is that the same Macgregor that was appointed by Trump to to advise his acting defense secretary after he fired the other one for not supporting his coup?
    The same Macgregor that has been on RT?
    The same Macgregor that went on Fox in support of Putin's invasion?
    The same Macgregor that Liz Cheney said is part of the Putin wing of the Republican party?

I would take his claim that only the US can do this with a grain of salt, or maybe a block of salt would be better.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Poor Richard Saunders For This Post:

Tranquillus in Exile (10-03-2022), Trumpet (10-04-2022)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If we did it I think it almost had to be the CIA.

DARK AGES SUCK!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Truth Detector (10-03-2022)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,970 Times in 32,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

why would Biden do Russia a favor like that?.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Callinectes (10-03-2022), cancel2 2022 (10-03-2022), ExpressLane (10-03-2022)

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    why would Biden do Russia a favor like that?.....
    The American regime is ignorant and reckless and are brutes.

DARK AGES SUCK!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Callinectes (10-03-2022), Truth Detector (10-03-2022)

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,210 Times in 10,689 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 579 Times in 563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Germany isolated themselves with ill informed., very short-sighted, energy decisions. They should have listened to President Trump.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lionfish For This Post:

anonymoose (10-03-2022), Callinectes (10-03-2022), ExpressLane (10-03-2022), Grokmaster (10-04-2022), Truth Detector (10-03-2022)

17. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Richard Saunders View Post
    Is that the same Macgregor that was appointed by Trump to to advise his acting defense secretary after he fired the other one for not supporting his coup?
    The same Macgregor that has been on RT?
    The same Macgregor that went on Fox in support of Putin's invasion?
    The same Macgregor that Liz Cheney said is part of the Putin wing of the Republican party?

I would take his claim that only the US can do this with a grain of salt, or maybe a block of salt would be better.
    Perhaps you could provide us with a link that factually proves that what he is saying is actually/technically erroneous?

I am guessing...you cannot.
    Which would make your opinion - on this - worthless.

I am not saying he is right or wrong.
    But it certainly makes MILES more sense that America/Britain would have done it?
    Rather then Russia...blowing up their own pipeline.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to McRocket For This Post:

Grokmaster (10-04-2022), Rune (10-04-2022), Truth Detector (10-03-2022)

19. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,417 Times in 52,442 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

[I]'A former Pentagon advisor says the most likely culprits behind the Nord Stream pipeline blasts are the United States and Britain, and that the attack was carried out to prevent Germany from bailing on the war in Ukraine.

Retired US Army colonel Douglas Macgregor made the comments during an appearance on the Judging Freedom podcast....
    Figures Trumpers spread lies about the United States.

https://www.theamericanconservative....thor/doug-mac/
    Douglas Macgregor
    Douglas Macgregor, Col. (ret.) is a senior fellow with The American Conservative, the former advisor to the Secretary of Defense in the Trump administration, a decorated combat veteran, and the author of five books.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

20. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,417 Times in 52,442 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Perhaps you could provide us with a link that factually proves that what he is saying is actually/technically erroneous?
    I am guessing...you cannot.

I am not saying he is right or wrong.
    But it certainly makes MILES more sense that America/Britain would have done it?
    Rather then Russia...blowing up their own pipeline.
    Figures Trumpers love to hate the USA.

No, son, it doesn't make sense. It's their pipeline. Blowing up the pipeline of another country is an act of war, dumbass.

Next you'll be blaming the US for threatening to use nukes in Ukraine.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

21. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

As I have said before if America did this it was intended to show solidarity with UKraine, who have long demanded that Europe use no Russian energy. The Europeans have been slow to comply with the demand.

DARK AGES SUCK!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Grokmaster (10-04-2022), McRocket (10-03-2022)

23. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

US President Joe Biden could not have been clearer when, in early February, he promised to bring Nord Stream ‘to an end’ should Russian troops and tanks enter Ukraine

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...a-America.html

24. The Following User Says Thank You to McRocket For This Post:

Rune (10-04-2022)

25. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

U.S. Blew Up Russian Gas Pipelines Nord Stream 1 & 2, Says Former Polish Defense Minister

'A former Polish Defense Minister, Radek Sikorski, has attributed to the United States the sabotage of two pipelines, Nord Stream 1 and 2, which carry natural gas from Russia to Germany. “Thank you, USA,” Sikorski wrote on Twitter. Sikorski was Minister of National Defense from 2005 – 2007 and served as Deputy Minister of National Defense and Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, previously. He is currently an elected member of the European parliament.

Nord Stream 1 and 2 lie on the bed of the Baltic Sea. Nord Stream 2 was finished last year but Germany never opened it because Russia invaded Ukraine on February 24.'

https://www.theburningplatform.com/2...ense-minister/

26. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,327 Times in 1,987 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 174 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    I'm not following this. Why would disrupting Germany's gas supply stop them "bailing" on the war?
    Germany assumed the US war on cheap Russian gas would blow over and they could continue with free trade. Biden was ordered to put an end to free trade.