Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Thread: The top ten POOREST states are all RED states: MS, WV, AL, LA, KY, AR, SC, OK, TN, TX

1. #286 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    Yes, I’ve lived in OK all my life, SE OK since ‘74 when my dad retired from the Army. I would not like living in Central or Western OK. Much too flat and no trees to speak of.

I have travelled to most of our contiguous states on purpose. I still lack the Dakotas and Michigan. I like visiting other places and seeing things I’ve read about. I also like visiting with the people from other states. I’m different from my wife in that respect. I’ll strike up a conversation with a willing stranger anytime I can wherever I am. I also have relatives all over the US and a couple of places in Europe. I say that to say this: When I say things like, “I’d rather live here than anywhere else,” it isn’t a statement completely born of ignorance.

What do I like about here? Cost of living is low, regulation is minimal, I’m just far enough from civilization to be comfortable but in 25 minutes I can be in a town with a few restaurants, a Walmart which I try to avoid, a very nice grocery store, a locally owned store on par with Lowe’s and a small hospital and then I can be at a superior heart and stroke hospital in 50 minutes. Also my own Choctaw tribal hospital is 25 minutes in the other direction, so my physical needs are well met.

My hobbies can be participated in here for minimal cost, I love the people here…I mean we have our share of nuts but for the most part folks here are friendly and nice and will step up and help anyone if needed.

The biggest tell for me is that no matter where I visit, conservative state or liberal, two weeks is my limit. I’m ready to get back home. Not necessarily to just the comforts of my house but back home to my people. Yes, I’m very happy here. There are probably other states where I could be happy but I think I’ll stay here a few more years.
    I love this LR. You know I’m a City person, I get scared in the suburbs let alone going to rural areas. But you know what, to each his own. It’s the beauty of having the choice of where you want to live (at least for those who are fortunate enough).

Being a real estate guy location and demographics are exciting to me. At least in certain areas, such as South of you in DFW where my in-laws live, areas that were rural 30 - 40 years ago are now cities with 100K+ people. As growth continues what defines rural keeps getting pushed further and further out. Do you see any of that where you are?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Joe Capitalist (10-02-2022), leaningright (10-02-2022)

3. #287 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,581 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Capitalist View Post
    No, I don't.
    Absolutely you do.

4. #288 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,262 Times in 13,400 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 840 Times in 799 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Compare to this metric:

Obviously Florida is missing a few thousand post-Ian. LOL
    Which is worse?

This:

Or, this:

Seems to me, that lots of people living in trailers is preferable to a severe housing shortage and people living on the streets.

My solution isn't Federal tax dollars to rebuild trailer homes in a swamp, it's U-Hauls. Thoughts?

For the most part, federal tax dollars won't be going to rebuild trailer homes in any case. They will be replaced outright if badly damaged and if the owner didn't have flood insurance, it should be on them to pay for the replacement, not taxpayers. As for U-Hauls, they're all in California being packed by people leaving that state, so there aren't any to spare for use in Florida...

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

anonymoose (10-02-2022), Life is Golden (10-02-2022)

6. #289 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,340 Times in 6,026 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Absolutely you do.
    Well then, you keep believing that if that's what helps you sleep at night. You also probably believe The Big Lie.
    So your credibility regarding what's true approaches zero. Sorry Anonyloon.
    Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

7. #290 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well then, you keep believing that if that's what helps you sleep at night. You also probably believe The Big Lie.
    So your credibility regarding what's true approaches zero. Sorry Anonyloon.
    You're not much different than TDAK. You just try to be subtler.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

ExpressLane (10-02-2022)

9. #291 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,171 Times in 14,709 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

He has a terminal case of TDS.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

10. #292 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    He has a terminal case of TDS.
    No doubt. No matter what the topic is they always invoke Trump! or MAGA as their go-to default argument.
    Anybody with half a brain knows I'm no fan of Trump. In fact I'm a liberal.
    Last edited by anonymoose; 10-02-2022 at 05:03 PM.

11. #293 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,340 Times in 6,026 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

Sorry Anonyloon but there's no such word as subtler. Did you go to the Trump School Of Grammar?

So you DO believe The Big Lie. That explains SO MUCH about you and your cognitive deficiencies.

Surrender accepted, Anonyloon.
    Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

12. #294 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Sorry Anonyloon but there's no such word as subtler. Did you go to the Trump School Of Grammar?

So you DO believe The Big Lie.
    No matter what the topic is they always invoke Trump! or MAGA as their go-to default argument.
    Right on cue. Sure sign of TDS.

13. #295 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Sorry Anonyloon but there's no such word as subtler.
    Wrong. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/subtler

14. #296 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Which is worse?

This:

Or, this:

Seems to me, that lots of people living in trailers is preferable to a severe housing shortage and people living on the streets.

For the most part, federal tax dollars won't be going to rebuild trailer homes in any case. They will be replaced outright if badly damaged and if the owner didn't have flood insurance, it should be on them to pay for the replacement, not taxpayers. As for U-Hauls, they're all in California being packed by people leaving that state, so there aren't any to spare for use in Florida...
    Boom! Sliced and diced.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

anonymoose (10-02-2022)

16. #297 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,551 Times in 2,991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I love this LR. You know I’m a City person, I get scared in the suburbs let alone going to rural areas. But you know what, to each his own. It’s the beauty of having the choice of where you want to live (at least for those who are fortunate enough).

Being a real estate guy location and demographics are exciting to me. At least in certain areas, such as South of you in DFW where my in-laws live, areas that were rural 30 - 40 years ago are now cities with 100K+ people. As growth continues what defines rural keeps getting pushed further and further out. Do you see any of that where you are?
    There is definitely urban sprawl taking place around our cities. In Oklahoma there are three main cities: OKC, Tulsa and Lawton (where I lived as a kid and near Fort Sill where I was born). Places near those cities are like you described in the DFW area. What used to be rural/forest areas are now residential areas. Fortunately for me I am surrounded by too much state and Federal land for that to happen here any time soon.

We are seeing an influx of people from Texas and California…I’d guess at a rate of about 70/30. They are buying up land around here and driving up the price of real estate. Most that come here like the first two things I mentioned…low cost of living and minimal regulation (as far as building and improving one’s house and property), but some have come here to establish some tourism/vacation service. We are in the most beautiful part of the state and lots of people vacation here if they’re into camping, hiking, lakes or anything outdoors-y. So while we aren’t having to deal with urban sprawl, we do have a bit of an increase in population around here.

And you are so right…It’s the beauty of having the choice of where you want to live. Not wholly unique to the US but there’s not many places like our country in the world, right?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to leaningright For This Post:

cawacko (10-02-2022)

18. #298 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

The top ten POOREST states are all RED states: MS, WV, AL, LA, KY, AR, SC, OK, TN and TX.
    The states with the HIGHEST CRIME RATES are also RED states: LA, SC, AR, OK, MO, AL, AK and MS.

And remember all the RepubliQans who voted AGAINST certifying the election and who still haven't said Biden won the election.

Remember that when you go to the voting booth in November.

Haw, haw.............haw
    No link to your lies as usual. Of course, being an uneducated, low IQ dunce like yourself, you are too stupid to know that poverty depends on where you live geographically and that most of the poor in Red States live in Democrat controlled cities.

Because you're an uneducated clueless idiot, you voted for Biden. You owe ALL Americans an apology.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

19. #299 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    They are also the most poorly educated, the most obese and the least healthy. They are also tax leaches, getting more Federal funds than they pay in Federal taxes.

You're welcome dumbfucks.
    You are talking about Democrats of course. Yes, you are correct. You voted for Biden because you're an uneducated mental case. You owe ALL Americans an apology.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Life is Golden (10-03-2022)

21. #300 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    Check the demos.
    You're talking to uneducated mental midgets who do not understand data or statistics.