Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The top ten POOREST states are all RED states: MS, WV, AL, LA, KY, AR, SC, OK, TN, TX

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MAGA MAN View Post
    Looks like your position has been blown up, which is why you are now attempting to deflect.
    Looks like YOU didn't bother to fully vet your link because of this:

That coincides with a sharp increase in incomes and economic output for the constituencies Democrats represent in Congress. Today, the $61,000 median income of blue districts substantially exceeds the $53,000 median income of red ones, reversing the order from 2008
    The only thing you won here is the award for Laziest Poster of the Day.

Next time, read your links fully and you can spare yourself of this humiliation.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Joe Capitalist (09-28-2022)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,364 Times in 6,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Thing is, I don't believe any of these people sincerely think the election was stolen.

They're just saying it was for two reasons: 1) they think it's funny that they don't get held accountable for it and 2) they want to make friends with Nazis because no one else wants to be their friend.
    True.

I think those who still say the election was stolen are saying it out of loyalty to Trump. They're not under oath so it doesn't bother them to lie, even if it makes them look like MAGA Morons.

Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Just curious, in those districts, what is the median income vs. the median income in the red districts?

Have you done that work? Because I have.
    So have I. Democrat districts tend to be wealthier because of the cost of living. That affects the poor in these urban areas far more than it does in rural areas, where folks can grow/ harvest their own food.

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Today, 12:12 PM
    MAGA MORON
    Let's vote Brandon!
    This message is hidden because MAGA MORON is on your ignore list.

Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,449 Times in 52,464 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Capitalist View Post
    The top ten POOREST states are all RED states: MS, WV, AL, LA, KY, AR, SC, OK, TN and TX.
    The states with the HIGHEST CRIME RATES are also RED states: LA, SC, AR, OK, MO, AL, AK and MS.
    Why do you think that is and what is your solution to poverty and crime?
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So have I.
    No you didn't, because the median income in Blue districts is $61K vs. $53K in red ones.

Democrat districts tend to be wealthier because of the cost of living
    Exactly, which means Republican districts are shitty and full of poor people and poverty.

Having a low cost of living isn't a good thing.

That's why the median income is $8K lower in your shitty districts than it is in blue ones.

hat affects the poor in these urban areas far more than it does in rural areas,
    The people in the urban areas are paying the way for the people in the rural ones because of two reasons:

1) People in rural areas are poorer and have lower incomes so they don't pay as much in taxes.

and

2) There aren't enough people who live in rural areas to cover their entire tax bill, which is why blue states and cities have to pick up the slack

Torpy at Large: Propping up the boonies, Atlanta’s thankless burden
    Back in 2009, researchers from Georgia State University found that the 10-county metro Atlanta region had 43 percent of the state's population and generated 53 percent of the state's taxable income. That area contributed 51 percent of state revenue but got back just 37 percent of state expenditures. In essence, each metro Atlantan cut a check for $500 each year for every resident elsewhere.
    https://www.ajc.com/news/local/torpy...Q6Oi4QC5AsOHM/

And that was 2009, before Atlanta exploded in population.

The gap is even larger now.

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Just curious, in those districts, what is the median income vs. the median income in the red districts?

Have you done that work? Because I have.

From that same Brookings report:
    Wow! Nice job. I didn't realize the difference is so significant. Very telling.

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,760 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Several happen to be the states with the highest percentages of blacks. You racist!
    Those same states were also among the poorest when they voted straight Democratic. The political party in control does not change the rural nature and history.

Although not a state, most lists of the poorest states include the District of Columbia. Why are those Democrats keeping all those black people poor?

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Looks like YOU didn't bother to fully vet your link because of this:

The only thing you won here is the award for Laziest Poster of the Day.

Next time, read your links fully and you can spare yourself of this humiliation.
    I read that and anticipated that you would bring it up, and addressed it in my earlier post. You should get an award for the most double-posting, because you lack the self control to read your own post before making it public. This forces you to go back and add what you should have stated previously.

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 890 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 144 Times in 135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Capitalist View Post
    The top ten POOREST states are all RED states: MS, WV, AL, LA, KY, AR, SC, OK, TN and TX.
    The states with the HIGHEST CRIME RATES are also RED states: LA, SC, AR, OK, MO, AL, AK and MS.

And remember all the RepubliQans who voted AGAINST certifying the election and who still haven't said Biden won the election.

Remember that when you go to the voting booth in November.

Haw, haw.............haw
    I am not sure where you got your statistics from?
    Most of them seem accurate...but not all.

Poorest states?
    Mostly correct.
    Though I MASSIVELY doubt that Texas is one of the 10, poorest states in America.

And, according to this site (based on household income):
    https://worldpopulationreview.com/st...poorest-states

New Mexico (a blue state) is the fourth, poorest state.
    And Texas is the 18'th richest.

And Crime Rate?
    Again, you are mostly correct.

But according to this site:
    https://worldpopulationreview.com/st...-rate-by-state

The highest and third highest, crime rate states are New Mexico and Colorado (respectively).
    Both, blue states.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_st...nd_blue_states
    Last edited by McRocket; 09-28-2022 at 01:39 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to McRocket For This Post:

ExpressLane (09-29-2022)

13. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I read that and anticipated that you would bring it up, and addressed it in my earlier post.
    All you spoke to it was that red districts have "low costs of living" but you left out the reason why: because they're so fucking shitty, there's no opportunity, so no one wants to live in them.

That's why people left them over the last decade...more than who left California over the same amount of time.

Rural America Lost Population Over the Past Decade for the First Time in History
    Recent data from the 2020 Census reveal that the rural population declined between 2010 and 2020.
    https://carsey.unh.edu/publication-r...were%20minimal.

14. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Those same states were also among the poorest when they voted straight Democratic. The political party in control does not change the rural nature and history.

Although not a state, most lists of the poorest states include the District of Columbia. Why are those Democrats keeping all those black people poor?
    DC votes only about 5% Republican. The blacks that live there mostly work for FedCo doing cafeteria and low level service jobs for the rich white Democrats who have high paying FedCo jobs. Democrats like to be served by blacks.

15. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You should get an award for the most double-posting, because you lack the self control to read your own post before making it public. T
    Well Omar, you don't read your links fully so I have to step in and clarify them because you won't.

So your link proved that blue districts are wealthier than red ones, and the reason why is because not enough people want to live in the red districts.

So you maintain a low cost of living at the expense of growth and opportunity because you know that blue cities and states are going to pick up your tab.
    Last edited by LV426; 09-28-2022 at 01:30 PM.

16. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Why do you think that is and what is your solution to poverty and crime?
    Republican policies are becoming more radical and extreme.
    My solution to poverty would be more opportunity and jobs, not handouts.
    My solution to crime would be more police.

Kinda off-topic but we're seeing a lot of applications for military drones on the battlefield. Why couldn't we have police drones that could fly to a place where a crime or major accident has occurred and give the police a view of what's going on before they get there. They maybe could even be programmed to follow a car that's running from the police.
    Just have a drone in every police car and have the police car take a photo of the car and download it to the drone and send the drone after the running car to track it. You could also have drones that can deploy pepper spray during a riot or uprising.

17. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

This forces you to go back and add what you should have stated previously.
    So all you're doing here is describing your habits on JPP, not mine.