Thread: This storm called Ian

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,625 Times in 52,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,516 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hurricane Ian Betting Pool:

How many dead Floridians will Ian produce?
    ZERO

1-10

10-20

20-50

50-100

100+

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,352 Times in 13,456 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 846 Times in 805 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tigerred59 View Post
    Oh, really??? So that condo a few years ago, that collapsed was just our amagination???
    That was constructed long before most of that code was in place, and its collapse had ZERO to do with a storm or hurricane. Instead, it collapsed from a combination of lack of maintenance on the structure--the issues were known--and increased groundwater seepage largely due to the lack of maintenance.

Even so, the building had withstood many years of hurricane season, and been through hurricanes successfully.

A 2018 report revealed the apartment building had "major structural damage" and needed widespread repairs.
    The engineering report from Morabito Consultants claimed: "The failed waterproofing is causing major structural damage to the concrete structural slab below these areas."
    "Failure to replace the waterproofing in the near future will cause the extent of the concrete deterioration to expand exponentially," the report stated.
    The report cited gross structural flaws of Champlain Towers South that required substantial repair of the damaged slabs.
    "These were all problems that should have been dealt with quickly," Gregg Schlesinger, an attorney specializing in construction defects and a former construction project engineer, said.
    "The building speaks to us. It is telling us we have a serious problem," Schlesinger about the new documents.
    "They kicked the can down the road. The maintenance was improper. These were all red flags that needed to be addressed. They weren't."
    https://www.the-sun.com/news/3155323...%20caused%20it.

So, it wasn't a failure of the inherent design of the building but rather shitty property management who failed to keep the building up along with stupid assed condo owners who were penny pinching and wouldn't pony up the cash to keep their property in good repair.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Earl (09-28-2022)

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post

ZERO

1-10

10-20

20-50

50-100

100+

1 - 10

5. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Doc Dutch (09-28-2022)

6. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,342 Times in 9,844 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 486 Posts
    Blog Entries

https://www.wanttoknow.info › war › haarp_weather_modification_electromagnetic_warfare _weapons
    HAARP: Weather Control - Want to know
    Others go so far as to claim that HAARP technologies have been and continue to be used for weather control, to cause earthquakes, hurricanes, tsunamis, to disrupt global communications systems, and more. These researchers point to major aspects of the program which are still kept secret for alleged reasons of "national security."
    https://tommytruthful.com › haarp-weather-control
    HAARP: Weather Control - TommyTruthful.com
    Apr 18, 2022Others go so far as to claim that HAARP technologies have been and continue to be used for weather control, to cause earthquakes, hurricanes, tsunamis, to disrupt global communications systems, and more. These researchers point to major aspects of the program which are still kept secret for alleged reasons of "national security."
    https://johndenugent.com › us-weather-control-patent-for-haarp-already-in-1987-33-years-ago
    US weather-control patent for HAARP already in 1987 - John de Nugent
    Many believe HAARP was created and has been used for weather control, with enough juice to trigger hurricanes, tornadoes and earthquakes, and comments such as this bring about the question of whether conspiracy theorists are more on target than anyone has admitted to date. We need to be the solution. We need to act.
    https://strangesounds.org › 2014 › 03 › weather-modification-weapons-darpa-project-nimbus-lightning-weapons.html
    Weather Modification Weapons: DARPA Project NIMBUS - Lightning Weapons ...
    The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (or DARPA), the Research and Development arm of the Pentagon, has embarked on a $5 billion dollar project called NIMBUS, which seeks to understand the underlying mechanisms of lightning. Weather modification weapon DARPA project Nimbus and Haarp. Photo: Flickr.
    https://www.geoengineeringwatch.org › air-force-bombshell-admits-they-can-control-weather-haarp
    Air Force Bombshell: Admits They Can Control Weather - HAARP
    Many believe HAARP was created and has been used for weather control, with enough juice to trigger hurricanes, tornadoes and earthquakes and comments such as this bring about the question of whether conspiracy theorists are more on target than anyone has admitted to date.
    www.nwotoday.com › technology-control › the-project-haarp
    Project H.A.A.R.P Weather Modification - Lucifers Playground and the ...
    is an ionospheric research program jointly funded by the U.S. Air Force, the U.S. Navy, the University of Alaska, and the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). The HAARP program operates a major sub-arctic facility, named the HAARP Research Station, on an Air Force-owned site near Gakona, Alaska.
    www.nwotoday.com › today › technology-control › the-project-haarp
    Project H.A.A.R.P Weather Modification - Lucifers Playground and the ...
    is an ionospheric research program jointly funded by the U.S. Air Force, the U.S. Navy, the University of Alaska, and the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). The HAARP program operates a major sub-arctic facility, named the HAARP Research Station, on an Air Force-owned site near Gakona, Alaska.
    https://www.globalresearch.ca › haarp-secret-weapon-used-for-weather-modification-electromagnetic-warfare › 20407
    HAARP: Secret Weapon Used For Weather Modification, Electromagnetic ...
    According to the official HAARP website, "HAARP is a scientific endeavor aimed at studying the properties and behavior of the ionosphere, with particular emphasis on being able to understand and use it to enhance communications and surveillance systems for both civilian and defense purposes."
    https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › High-frequency_Active_Auroral_Research_Program
    High-frequency Active Auroral Research Program - Wikipedia
    HAARP is a target of conspiracy theorists, who claim that it is capable of "weaponizing" weather. Commentators and scientists say that advocates of this theory are uninformed, as claims made fall well outside the abilities of the facility, if not the scope of natural science. [6] [7] Contents 1 History 2 Project overview 3 Research
    https://www.gaia.com › article › haarp-a-u-s-conspiracy-theory-magnet
    What is HAARP and Is it Causing Weather on Steriods? | Gaia
    Dec 11, 2020Weaponizing the Weather. One of the most popular and far-reaching accusations against HAARP is that the organization deliberately creates destruction on a global scale, causing earthquakes, cyclones, flooding, snowstorms, and other disasters, around the world.Critics of HAARP assert that it has the capacity to send microwave radiation beneath the ground, strategically pinpointing faultlines ...
    Searches related to darpa haarp weather control

government controlling weather​
    what is haarp weather control​
    high frequency active auroral research program​
    haarp weather control patent​
    haarp activity 2020​
    darpa weather manipulation​
    what is haarp​
    can the government control weather​
    morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition
    https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/trump

7. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,936 Times in 21,683 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,704 Times in 5,204 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    It is a bit surprising that I have yet to see any claims that DeSantis has failed the people, that this is his Katrina Moment.

Shant be long I spect.
    Why did DeSatin fall for this China Storm? Its fake, not real... Why do Republican governors want to manipulate us so badly? Just an attempt to launder some money. Why did he prevent kids from going to school since Monday? We need to get our kids back in school, we have to fight. The stores are closed down, our people need work. Let the small businesses stay open. Why is DeSatin trying to bankrupt small businesses?

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

8. The Following User Groans At Jarod For This Awful Post:

Earl (09-28-2022)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (09-28-2022)

10. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,342 Times in 9,844 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 486 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Pop Song 89"

Hello, I saw you, I know you, I knew you
    I think I can remember your name (name)
    Hello, I'm sorry, I lost myself
    I think I thought you were someone else

Should we talk about the weather?
    (Hi, hi, hi)
    Should we talk about the government?
    (Hi, hi, hi, hi)

Hello, how are you? I know you, I knew you
    I think I can remember your name, name
    Hello, I'm sorry I lost myself

(Hi, hi, hi)
    (Hi, hi, hi, hi)

Hello my friend, are you visible today?
    You know I never knew that it could be so strange, strange
    Hello, I'm sorry, I lost myself

(Hi, hi, hi)
    (Hi, hi, hi, hi)

(Hi, hi)
    (Hi, hi, hi)
    (Hi, hi)
    (Hi, hi, hi)
    (Hi, hi)
    (Hi, hi, hi)

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/rem/popsong89.html

morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition
    https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/trump

11. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    1 - 10
    I'm going with 50-100...and that's hedging my bet, since this could easily turn into another Katrina.

https://www.history.com/news/hurrica...a-facts-legacy
    Hurricane Katrina, the tropical cyclone that struck the Gulf Coast in August 2005, was the third-strongest hurricane to hit the United States in its history at the time. With maximum sustained winds of 175 mph, the storm killed a total of 1,833 people and left millions homeless in New Orleans and along the Gulf Coast of Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama.

12. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    That was constructed long before most of that code was in place, and its collapse had ZERO to do with a storm or hurricane. Instead, it collapsed from a combination of lack of maintenance on the structure--the issues were known--and increased groundwater seepage largely due to the lack of maintenance.

Even so, the building had withstood many years of hurricane season, and been through hurricanes successfully.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/3155323...%20caused%20it.

So, it wasn't a failure of the inherent design of the building but rather shitty property management who failed to keep the building up along with stupid assed condo owners who were penny pinching and wouldn't pony up the cash to keep their property in good repair.
    Tigger is a POE...and not a very bright one.

13. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,744 Times in 17,975 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,251 Times in 3,055 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Why did DeSatin fall for this China Storm? Its fake, not real... Why do Republican governors want to manipulate us so badly? Just an attempt to launder some money. Why did he prevent kids from going to school since Monday? We need to get our kids back in school, we have to fight. The stores are closed down, our people need work. Let the small businesses stay open. Why is DeSatin trying to bankrupt small businesses?
    Why do you chase ambulances?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

ExpressLane (09-28-2022)

15. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Gov. Desantis, handling the hurricane crisis beautifully...co-ordinating resources, informing the public...over 40,000 personnel working on power.

Well done, Gov. (perhaps president in 2024) Desantis.

16. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    All jokes aside, Ian can make or break DeSantis's run for President in 2024.

At the moment, Ian looks like it's going to rip through Fort Myers/Port Charlotte then drown Central Florida travelling slowly up the peninsula. Only the Panhandle appears to be spared.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/we...oba-story.html
    Hurricane Ian was near Category 5 strength Wednesday morning and is expected to make landfall near Port Charlotte within hours, according to the National Hurricane Center.

Catastrophic impacts are likely along the coast near landfall, and widespread effects including heavy rain, wind, tornadoes and flooding are expected across the state as the storm tracks northeast across Central Florida.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (09-28-2022)

18. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Gov. Desantis, handling the hurricane crisis beautifully...co-ordinating resources, informing the public...over 40,000 personnel working on power.

Well done, Gov. (perhaps president in 2024) Desantis.
    ^^^ Only a fucking moron congrats a governor before the storm has passed.

19. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,251 Times in 14,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

ZERO

1-10

10-20

20-50

50-100

100+

So do you think global warming is to blame for this hurricane?
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post:

Earl (09-28-2022)

21. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm going with 50-100...and that's hedging my bet, since this could easily turn into another Katrina.

https://www.history.com/news/hurrica...a-facts-legacy
    Hurricane Katrina, the tropical cyclone that struck the Gulf Coast in August 2005, was the third-strongest hurricane to hit the United States in its history at the time. With maximum sustained winds of 175 mph, the storm killed a total of 1,833 people and left millions homeless in New Orleans and along the Gulf Coast of Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama.
    Not really. New Orleans was horribly unprepared and has a significant population of really stupid people living in it. Florida, in contrast, has far better preparations for hurricanes and the population isn't nearly a bunch of total idiots as were in New Orleans. The rest of the Gulf coast that got hit by Katrina did pretty well in the aftermath, even as damage to property was very extensive.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Earl (09-28-2022)

23. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Preparation for a near level 5 hurricane is vital to surviving it.

Gov. DeSantis is saving lives by preparing for its arrival.

Only a dumb, far left Democrat Socialist loon wouldn’t understand this.