Thread: This storm called Ian

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,923 Times in 13,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Florida braces for statewide devastation

Hurricane Ian slammed into Cuba early Tuesday as a Category 3 monster that pounded the island with 125-mph winds. Now approaching Florida, Ian's shift eastward has put the city of Venice in crosshairs for landfall sometime Wednesday. But high winds and major storm surge are still expected farther north in the Tampa Bay region, officials said. Hundreds of thousands of Floridians faced mandatory evacuation orders as the hurricane warning expanded along more than 150 miles of the state's Gulf Coast. Power outages can be expected statewide, officials warned. Along with the winds, parts of Central Florida could see 12-16 inches of rain with 2 feet possible in some areas, the National Hurricane Center said. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said there was potential for "historic" storm surge and flooding.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fl...f9826f7871f4ec
    Bet it won't be horrific or even that bad overall. It certainly won't be like Puerto Rico where they build houses that don't even meet the standards used in mobile homes today.

This is what you typically see in Puerto Rico for home construction.

The door and window framing isn't doubled up. There isn't a double top plate on the wall. The wall framing is too far apart even for partition walls, let alone structural ones. Worst, the roof consists of undersized plain rafters that are too far apart and don't even have the basic 2.5 hurricane tie that's required pretty much everywhere in the 48.

You see the same thing here. This home is of flimsy construction. The roof, where the damage starts in hurricanes, has too few rafters that are undersized, and the sheet metal roofing undoubtedly has too few screws or nails holding it down. The walls obviously aren't properly anchored to the rim joists for the second to first floor, and again the framing is substandard entirely.

Puerto Rico fucked themselves with shitty construction standards.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,543 Times in 14,028 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Bet it won't be horrific or even that bad overall. It certainly won't be like Puerto Rico where they build houses that don't even meet the standards used in mobile homes today.

This is what you typically see in Puerto Rico for home construction.

The door and window framing isn't doubled up. There isn't a double top plate on the wall. The wall framing is too far apart even for partition walls, let alone structural ones. Worst, the roof consists of undersized plain rafters that are too far apart and don't even have the basic 2.5 hurricane tie that's required pretty much everywhere in the 48.

You see the same thing here. This home is of flimsy construction. The roof, where the damage starts in hurricanes, has too few rafters that are undersized, and the sheet metal roofing undoubtedly has too few screws or nails holding it down. The walls obviously aren't properly anchored to the rim joists for the second to first floor, and again the framing is substandard entirely.

Puerto Rico fucked themselves with shitty construction standards.
    And the souf with trailer parks
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (09-28-2022)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Tucker had an expert tonight who said that no matter where this tracks it is likely to be bad.
    Isn't it supposed to make landfall as a category 1? I don't think you've been in many hurricanes. The media love to hype it up.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

Grokmaster (09-27-2022)

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    Hopefully not as bad as predicted ,which, of course, will infuriate the left, who LOVE disasters that harm America.
    It won't be.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

Grokmaster (09-27-2022)

8. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hurricane Ian’s projected path shifted to the south Tuesday and further away from Tampa Bay, a heavily populated region highly vulnerable to storm surge flooding, but the storm was still shaping up as a potential wide-ranging disaster for Florida.
    https://www.miamiherald.com/news/wea...266409491.html
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    Isn't it supposed to make landfall as a category 1? I don't think you've been in many hurricanes. The media love to hype it up.
    Ian could come ashore as a Category 3 or 4 storm, packing 130 mph winds and possibly bringing historic levels of storm surge to the Sarasota area.

This is not about me. Kindly attempt to behave yourself.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post

This is not about me. Kindly attempt to behave yourself.
    Everything will be fine. Don't throw in with the media drama queens.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

Grokmaster (09-27-2022)

12. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,619 Times in 21,482 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Florida isn't Puerto Rico. They actually have a robust building code (Called "Dade County code") and have made huge strides in weatherizing the state against these annual storms. That's in contrast to Puerto Rico where they apparently still use Mexican level--Second World--building code, if you can call it that. That's why Puerto Rico (run by Democrats BTW) is fucked up like a soup sandwich every time a hurricane hits the island...
    Building codes are deep state big government!

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

13. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,543 Times in 14,028 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

Ian, now a major Category 3 hurricane, is growing stronger in the Gulf of Mexico
    The center of Ian could strengthen into a Category 4 hurricane later Tuesday as it continues to move over the Gulf, forecasters said.

Hurricane Ian became a major Category 3 storm early Tuesday and will continue to strengthen as it approaches Florida, National Hurricane Center forecasters say.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-say-rcna49542
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (09-28-2022)

15. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I follow truth to the best of my ability. Being hyper educated I do that very well as education and the ability to see well are the same thing.

16. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Ian, now a major Category 3 hurricane, is growing stronger in the Gulf of Mexico
    The center of Ian could strengthen into a Category 4 hurricane later Tuesday as it continues to move over the Gulf, forecasters said.

Hurricane Ian became a major Category 3 storm early Tuesday and will continue to strengthen as it approaches Florida, National Hurricane Center forecasters say.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-say-rcna49542
    Or not.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

17. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hurricane 6 in 1947 which followed this track but a bit to the North did a humongous amount of damage even though it made landfall at only 80 mph.

18. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Ian is spread over a large area, and it is slow moving.....the most damaging kind of hurricane. Large sections of prime AG land are predicted to get 15-20 inches of rain.....that is a huge problem.....the crops there will be destroyed and it will be something like 2 months before they can be replanted. I read someone say that there are a lot of mature crops in this area, but I have not been able to verify this.

19. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I love the hurricane "experts" who have never been near one. Funny.

20. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I love the hurricane "experts" who have never been near one. Funny.
    It is Right/Not Right which matters.

If you dont know this then you are nowhere.