Thread: Russian Men Are Fleeing by Tens of Thousands

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,588 Times in 51,901 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LurchAddams View Post
    Vietnam was about stopping the communist takeover of a country. The invasion of Ukraine is about one man wanting to steal a nation's sovereignty.
    Agreed on Vietnam...thanks LBJ! LOL

Disagreed on Russia since Putin still has the overwhelming support of the Russian people.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I don't recall spewing any "liberal dogma". All I said is we lost. And I was alive during the whole thing, Boomer.

We did lose.
    Do you thank JFK and LBJ every night for it? Democrats looooove to see the US get its ass kicked by commies. LOL

If there wasn't an LBJ and Vietnam, would Nixon have even happened?

Re Lose; again, you are missing the point while rushing to make your own point that the US sucks ass.

FWIW, the next time a Lefty Gun-grabber brings up that militias can't defeat a standing army, please remember this conversation. TIA

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,753 Times in 33,623 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Like Martin, you're not getting the point, Lurch, but that's okay since you weren't even born yet at the time.

You tend to spout the standard Liberal dogma without realizing that it's Democrats who got us into WW1, WWII, Korea and Vietnam. LOL
    I take exception to Vietnam when you use the phrase „got us into“ Eisenhower got us into the war, but LBJ and Nixon escalated it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Doc Dutch (09-28-2022)

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Nope, there is no doubt Putin's getting his ass kicked. Notice I didn't say, "Russia" because the people of Russia are not behind this war. Like the OP says, Russian men and women are fleeing the country - they don't want any part of Putin's criminal invasion.
    Do you ever tire of being wrong? You claim to be in your 50s+ yet you are as ignorant as a Millennial. Why?

https://carnegieendowment.org/2022/0...aine-pub-87803

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,893 Times in 6,585 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 537 Times in 514 Posts
    Blog Entries

Agreed on Vietnam...thanks LBJ! LOL

Disagreed on Russia since Putin still has the overwhelming support of the Russian people.
    The thousands fleeing sure don't support him and the support's more and more fleeting as the sanctions take hold and Russian men and women come back from Ukraine in body bags.
    ================================================== =

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Do you thank JFK and LBJ every night for it? Democrats looooove to see the US get its ass kicked by commies. LOL

If there wasn't an LBJ and Vietnam, would Nixon have even happened?

Re Lose; again, you are missing the point while rushing to make your own point that the US sucks ass.

FWIW, the next time a Lefty Gun-grabber brings up that militias can't defeat a standing army, please remember this conversation. TIA
    I don't thank anyone for starting a war. You're in a bit of a mood, Sparky. Why you don't retire to your mom's basement and engage in your daily freak session with your inflatable Nancy Reagan sex doll?

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The thousands fleeing sure don't support him and the support's more and more fleeting as the sanctions take hold and Russian men and women come back from Ukraine in body bags.
    No shit, kid. Now do the math: "thousands fleeing" vs. millions staying. Try not to think too hard, Lurch. I'd hate for you to hurt yourself.

https://www.worldometers.info/world-...ia-population/
    Russia Population 146,074,272

Democrats supported the war in Vietnam until they didn't just like Kerry and Hillary supported the war in Iraq....until they didn't.

That said, you dance like a Liberal. Kudos.

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,393 Times in 3,337 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,121 Times in 1,030 Posts

Meh. I can see why you are pissed off. It's typical of people who are caught as hypocrites. LOL
    You wish I was pissed off. I am a little annoyed at being harassed with poor arguments and dumb thinking at this place by one more of you dead heads, but used to it by now.
    "Give pearls away and rubies but keep your fancy free."

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I don't thank anyone for starting a war. You're in a bit of a mood, Sparky. Why you don't retire to your mom's basement and engage in your daily freak session with your inflatable Nancy Reagan sex doll?
    You made me literally laugh out loud.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

LurchAddams (09-28-2022)

12. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Do you ever tire of being wrong? You claim to be in your 50s+ yet you are as ignorant as a Millennial. Why?

https://carnegieendowment.org/2022/0...aine-pub-87803

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...ation-ukraine/

https://abcnews.go.com/International...ry?id=90588897

This thread's subject is about Russians fleeing Russia to avoid Putin's folly. You want to make it about Democrats supporting wars.

Have fun with your lib-bashing. This is because I tell the truth about what a fool and criminal your St. Reagan was, isn't it? He was a fucking racist asshole, Dutch. Everyone knows it. His family knows it. And his wife Nancy? A total freak. Thought that "just saying no" was going to stop drug addiction.

You need to find some better heroes, Dutch.

13. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No shit, kid. Now do the math: "thousands fleeing" vs. millions staying. Try not to think too hard, Lurch. I'd hate for you to hurt yourself.

https://www.worldometers.info/world-...ia-population/
    Russia Population 146,074,272

Democrats supported the war in Vietnam until they didn't just like Kerry and Hillary supported the war in Iraq....until they didn't.

That said, you dance like a Liberal. Kudos.
    Kerry and Hilary never supported the war in Iraq. They voted to authorize action if needed.

You're so overcome with Democrat hate you're lying now, Dutch.

I'll come back and talk to you when your "unwelcome monthly visitor" has left, you whiny little bitch.

14. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I take exception to Vietnam when you use the phrase „got us into“ Eisenhower got us into the war, but LBJ and Nixon escalated it.
    JFK escalated it. Saying Ike got us into the Vietnam War is like saying marijuana is a gateway drug to heroin and drinking a beer is the road to alcoholism. The US had military advisors all over the world. There's a big difference between having advisors in training or advisory positions vs. combat troops in the field.

FWIW, the points Martin and Lurch keep missing is that the US could have easily won Vietnam militarily. We lost it politically. The downside of having political leaders in charge of our military.

https://prde.upress.virginia.edu/content/Vietnam
    “I guess we’ve got no choice, but it scares the death out of me. I think everybody’s going to think, ‘we’re landing the Marines, we’re off to battle.’”

—President Lyndon B. Johnson, 6 March 1965

While Presidents Harry S. Truman and Dwight D. Eisenhower had committed significant American resources to counter the Communist-led Viet Minh in its struggle against France following the Second World War, it was Kennedy who had deepened and expanded that commitment, increasing the number of U.S. military advisers in Vietnam from just under seven hundred in 1961 to over sixteen thousand by the fall of 1963. Kennedy’s largesse would also extend to the broader provision of foreign aid, as his administration increased the amount of combined military and economic assistance from $223 million in FY1961 to $471 million by FY1963....

15. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    You made me literally laugh out loud.
    Every once in awhile, I make fun of Reagan. That's a "red line" for poor Dutchie.. I think Dutch has a false wall in the back of his closet where he's built a Ron and Nancy shrine he prays to daily.

16. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Kerry and Hilary never supported the war in Iraq. They voted to authorize action if needed.

I'll come back and talk to you when your "unwelcome monthly visitor" has left, you whiny little bitch.
    It’s a vote she regrets to this day, she trusted Bush to use the vote only after all diplomacy failed, and the inspections found evidence of what Bush claimed. He deceived all of them.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Cypress (09-28-2022), LurchAddams (09-28-2022)

18. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

^^^ Thanks for this. LOL

Not that I expect JPP's concrete thinkers to read, much less comprehend, this:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kerrys-top-ten-flip-flops/
    Kerry's Top Ten Flip-Flops
    Following Iraq's invasion of Kuwait in January 1991, Kerry broke with the majority of senators and voted against authorizing the first Gulf War. He said on the Senate floor, "It is a vote about war because whether or not the president exercises his power, we will have no further say after this vote."

Kerry thus voted against war after Iraq took aggressive military action. He said a vote in favor of military action was tantamount to giving Congress "no further say" on the war.

In October 2002, he supported the current war in Iraq, despite the fact that Iraq took no aggressive action against its neighbors.

In announcing his candidacy for president, in September 2003, he said his October 2002 vote was simply "to threaten" the use of force, apparently backtracking from his belief in 1991 that such a vote would grant the president an open-ended ticket to wage war.

"We should not have gone to war knowing the information that we know today," Kerry said Wednesday on ABC's "Good Morning America." "Knowing there was no imminent threat to America, knowing there were no weapons of mass destruction, knowing there was no connection of Saddam Hussein to al Qaeda, I would not have gone to war. That's plain and simple."

But on Aug. 9, 2004, when asked if he would still have gone to war knowing Saddam Hussein did not possess weapons of mass destruction, Kerry said: "Yes, I would have voted for the authority. I believe it was the right authority for a president to have." Speaking to reporters at the edge of the Grand Canyon, he added: "[Although] I would have done this very differently from the way President Bush has."

The Kerry campaign says voting to authorize the war in Iraq is different from deciding diplomacy has failed and waging war. But Kerry's nuanced position has contradicted itself on whether it was right or wrong to wage the war.

In May 2003, at the first Democratic primary debate, John Kerry said his vote authorizing the president to use force was the "right decision" though he would have "preferred if we had given diplomacy a greater opportunity."

But then in January 2004, Kerry began to run as anti-war candidate, saying, "I don't believe the president took us to war as he should have."

In September 2003, Kerry implied that voting against wartime funding bills was equivalent to abandoning the troops.

"I don't think any United States senator is going to abandon our troops and recklessly leave Iraq to whatever follows as a result of simply cutting and running," he said.

Then, in October 2003, a year after voting to support the use of force in Iraq, Kerry voted against an $87 billion supplemental funding bill for U.S. troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. He did support an alternative bill that funded the $87 billion by cutting some of President Bush's tax cuts.

But when it was apparent the alternative bill would not pass, he decided to go on record as not supporting the legislation to fund soldiers.

Kerry complicated matters with his now infamous words, "I actually did vote for the $87 billion before I voted against it."