Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 204

Thread: Bills would curtail objections at future Jan. 6 vote counts

  1. #16 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    55,983
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    1,008
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    "The people" never had the power to object to the official counting of Electoral College.
    why do you hate freedom?
    In a combat situation it is about 16 times better to do something useful and violent right away than to wait and figure out something even more useful and violent later.
    “whenever you put your faith in big government for any reason, sooner or later you end up an apologist for mass murder.”

  2. #17 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    55,983
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    1,008
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    The people should question before the votes are certified. When it reaches the VP it’s just largely a ceremonial process.
    I do not disagree, however, there can always be exceptions. Imagine a blue states electors giving in to their fears of an elected democrat, therefore they decide to cast their vote for a republican
    In a combat situation it is about 16 times better to do something useful and violent right away than to wait and figure out something even more useful and violent later.
    “whenever you put your faith in big government for any reason, sooner or later you end up an apologist for mass murder.”

  3. #18 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    55,983
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    1,008
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    "Possibly"????

    Oh ffs, give me a fucking break with this shit already.

    The election was secure and the only reason anyone thinks it wasn't is because of Donald Trump's big, fat, fucking LOSER mouth.
    who said I was talking about a specific election?
    In a combat situation it is about 16 times better to do something useful and violent right away than to wait and figure out something even more useful and violent later.
    “whenever you put your faith in big government for any reason, sooner or later you end up an apologist for mass murder.”

  4. #19 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    55,983
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    1,008
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    You are fucking proof that Nazis, Oathkeepers, 3%ers, "libertarians", or whatever stupid label you're giving yourself these days can't be reformed.

    You say you left the terror groups but you still embrace everything about them here on JPP.

    So you didn't really leave it behind, you just left the group behind because of the associations, but you still believe all their bullshit 100%.
    you really got triggered with my truth, didn't you?
    In a combat situation it is about 16 times better to do something useful and violent right away than to wait and figure out something even more useful and violent later.
    “whenever you put your faith in big government for any reason, sooner or later you end up an apologist for mass murder.”

  5. #20 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    34,094
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11,623 Times in 8,263 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,229 Times in 1,125 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    why do you hate freedom?
    You are an idiot.

  6. #21 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    57,584
    Thanks
    5,981
    Thanked 12,453 Times in 9,276 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,858 Times in 2,648 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    who said I was talking about a specific election?
    What else could you possibly be talking about? Come on.
    "While you're worried about bad apples
    We're wary of the roots
    Because no healthy tree
    Naturally bears strange fruit"


    -Jessica Foster, June 2020

  7. #22 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    13,525
    Thanks
    1,382
    Thanked 5,463 Times in 4,080 Posts
    Groans
    27
    Groaned 632 Times in 596 Posts

    Default

    The Bills just lost to the Dolphins.

    January 6 is the least of their problems.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    I'm surrounded by stunads. Nifty Niblick, 2022

  8. #23 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    57,584
    Thanks
    5,981
    Thanked 12,453 Times in 9,276 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,858 Times in 2,648 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    you really got triggered with my truth, didn't you?
    So why did you leave the 3%ers? It obviously had nothing to do with their ideology, so what was the reason? You didn't want to get caught up in their bullshit, yet you still adhere to it here on JPP.

    So you didn't really leave them, did you?
    "While you're worried about bad apples
    We're wary of the roots
    Because no healthy tree
    Naturally bears strange fruit"


    -Jessica Foster, June 2020

  9. #24 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    57,584
    Thanks
    5,981
    Thanked 12,453 Times in 9,276 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,858 Times in 2,648 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    my truth
    And this, right here, is the core of all of our problems...entitlement.

    You think you are entitled to your own version of the truth, but you're not.
    "While you're worried about bad apples
    We're wary of the roots
    Because no healthy tree
    Naturally bears strange fruit"


    -Jessica Foster, June 2020

  10. #25 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    7,169
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 420 Times in 392 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    the Left is taking away the ability of the people to object to possibly bad election results. then again, the left loves taking away the power of the people to object and protest
    No. They haven't taken away the ability to object. They have made the standard for objection more in line with reality of the current political situation. They then applied that standard to both sides.
    Do you think it would be OK to prevent the election of Trump in 2024 if only 2 people object? Or would you prefer that it require a much larger number to object?
    Pardoning the Bad, is injuring the Good.

  11. #26 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    57,584
    Thanks
    5,981
    Thanked 12,453 Times in 9,276 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,858 Times in 2,648 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Richard Saunders View Post
    No. They haven't taken away the ability to object. They have made the standard for objection more in line with reality of the current political situation. They then applied that standard to both sides.
    Do you think it would be OK to prevent the election of Trump in 2024 if only 2 people object? Or would you prefer that it require a much larger number to object?
    All of these people don't realize that Kamala Harris will be the VP in 2025 who presides over this count, so I guess they want it to be possible for her to toss the 2024 election results if she doesn't like them.
    "While you're worried about bad apples
    We're wary of the roots
    Because no healthy tree
    Naturally bears strange fruit"


    -Jessica Foster, June 2020

  12. #27 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    67,523
    Thanks
    90,164
    Thanked 47,541 Times in 29,685 Posts
    Groans
    2,786
    Groaned 4,829 Times in 4,469 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    I do not disagree, however, there can always be exceptions. Imagine a blue states electors giving in to their fears of an elected democrat, therefore they decide to cast their vote for a republican
    If I understand you, then it can be contested in court.
    "Unvaccinated people are potential variant factories," Dr. William Schaffner, a professor in the Division of Infectious Diseases at Vanderbilt University Medical Center,

  13. #28 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    55,983
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    1,008
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    What else could you possibly be talking about? Come on.
    this is the problem with you wacko lefties.....anyone who disagrees with you, even in the slightest, is automatically a trumper.............your selective memory kicks in hard core and you forget everything else. FYI, I was talking about FUTURE elections, dipshit
    In a combat situation it is about 16 times better to do something useful and violent right away than to wait and figure out something even more useful and violent later.
    “whenever you put your faith in big government for any reason, sooner or later you end up an apologist for mass murder.”

  14. #29 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    55,983
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    1,008
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    So why did you leave the 3%ers? It obviously had nothing to do with their ideology, so what was the reason? You didn't want to get caught up in their bullshit, yet you still adhere to it here on JPP.

    So you didn't really leave them, did you?
    i've answered this for you simple minded fuckers many times. remember it or shut up about it.
    In a combat situation it is about 16 times better to do something useful and violent right away than to wait and figure out something even more useful and violent later.
    “whenever you put your faith in big government for any reason, sooner or later you end up an apologist for mass murder.”

  15. #30 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    55,983
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    1,008
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    And this, right here, is the core of all of our problems...entitlement.

    You think you are entitled to your own version of the truth, but you're not.
    you're projecting your vision of the world upon others.
    In a combat situation it is about 16 times better to do something useful and violent right away than to wait and figure out something even more useful and violent later.
    “whenever you put your faith in big government for any reason, sooner or later you end up an apologist for mass murder.”

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-23-2021, 05:18 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-05-2021, 11:49 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-18-2019, 04:38 PM
  4. Europe acts to curtail UK arms trade to human rights abusers
    By moon in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-27-2016, 01:33 PM
  5. Venezuela issues ID cards to curtail food hoarding
    By StormX in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-01-2014, 09:23 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •