Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are religions, our tribes within tribes, now redundant and a costly moral and financi

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 32 Times in 29 Posts

The world would be better without religion. Can you name one good thing that religious people do that secular people can't do? Because I can name many good things that secular people do that religious people refuse.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,131 Times in 9,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by America View Post
    The world would be better without religion. Can you name one good thing that religious people do that secular people can't do? Because I can name many good things that secular people do that religious people refuse.
    Do you think there is any value in morality and laws?

Trusting others is the basis of civilization.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by America View Post
    Protect babies apparently.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    there's really no such thing as gnostic christianity.

call it non-doctrinal.

I get my gnositicism from john lash. you know him?
    No.

Where do we differ?

What do you see me doing that I should not be doing, or saying?

Regards
    DL

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

[video
    I have made an O. P. on going to a kind of Gaiea honoring, so I do not get where you see he and I differing.

I speak more to reality than he does, myth wise, and I would use myth creation less as I do not think the religion rejecting wave will accept myths any longer as guides.

Regards
    DL

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

One thing.

His conspiracy beliefs, foolish beliefs, are blinding him to the need for a one world government.

He needs be more realistic.

Regards
    DL

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,770 Times in 7,271 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Laws made by democratically elected politicians are indirectly laws made by the governed.

They often prove just how stupid the governed are, I would likely agree, but nonetheless, they have an actual measure of legitimacy.

Laws which are the product of ANY religion are just arbitrarily pulled out of somebody's rectum and have no legitimacy at all.

That why civilized blue states don't normally allow court houses to display the Ten Conventions or whatever the fuck they are.

That's a fucking Alabama thing, I think.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NiftyNiblick For This Post:

Gnostic Christian (09-26-2022)

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian View Post
    I have made an O. P. on going to a kind of Gaiea honoring, so I do not get where you see he and I differing.

I speak more to reality than he does, myth wise, and I would use myth creation less as I do not think the religion rejecting wave will accept myths any longer as guides.

Regards
    DL
    Hello, climate change?

megalomaniacal sacerdotal system of repeated popular lie placation, vatican pedagogical pedophililic nazi hebrew sainthood, like saltydancin said.

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

apocalyptic narratives of certain destruction unless hero worship can forestall the inevitable realness of now.

11. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian View Post
    One thing.

His conspiracy beliefs, foolish beliefs, are blinding him to the need for a one world government.

He needs be more realistic.

Regards
    DL
    you're a true gnostic worst nightmare.

The new world order is yaldabaoth power tripping like usual, but

it's based on a lie.

Yaldabaoth, Jaldabaoth, or Ildabaoth is an evil deity and creator of the material world in various Gnostic sects and movements, sometimes represented as a theriomorphic, lion-headed serpent.[1][2][3] He is regarded as the Demiurge and false god who keeps the souls trapped in physical bodies, imprisoned in the material universe.[1][2][3] The name is probably derived from the Aramaic expression yaldā bahôt (Aramaic: ילדא בהות), which means "descendant of Chaos" or "son of Chaos".

Contents
    1 Role in Gnosticism
    2 Cosmogony and creation myths
    3 In popular culture
    4 References
    5 Bibliography
    6 See also
    7 External links
    Role in Gnosticism
    Main article: Gnosticism
    Further information: Diversity in early Christian theology and Gnostic texts

A lion-faced, serpentine deity found on a Gnostic gem in Bernard de Montfaucon's L'antiquité expliquée et représentée en figures may be a depiction of the Demiurge.
    Gnosticism originated in the late 1st century CE in non-rabbinical Jewish and early Christian sects.[4] In the formation of Christianity, various sectarian groups, labeled "gnostics" by their opponents, emphasised spiritual knowledge (gnosis) of the divine spark within, over faith (pistis) in the teachings and traditions of the various communities of Christians.[5][6][7][8] Gnosticism presents a distinction between the highest, unknowable God, and the Demiurge, "creator" of the material universe.[5][6][7][9] The Gnostics considered the most essential part of the process of salvation to be this personal knowledge, in contrast to faith as an outlook in their worldview along with faith in the ecclesiastical authority.[5][6][7][9]

In Gnosticism, the biblical serpent in the Garden of Eden was praised and thanked for bringing knowledge (gnosis) to Adam and Eve and thereby freeing them from the malevolent Demiurge's control.[9] Gnostic Christian doctrines rely on a dualistic cosmology that implies the eternal conflict between good and evil, and a conception of the serpent as the liberating savior and bestower of knowledge to humankind opposed to the Demiurge or creator god, identified with the Hebrew God of the Old Testament.[9][6] Gnostic Christians considered the Hebrew God of the Old Testament as the Omnivolent, god and creator of the material universe, and the Unknown God of the Gospel, the father of Jesus Christ and creator of the spiritual world, as the true, good God.[9][6] In the Archontic, Sethian, and Ophite systems, Yaldabaoth (Yahweh) is regarded as the malevolent Demiurge and false god of the Old Testament who generated the material universe and keeps the souls trapped in physical bodies, imprisoned in the world full of pain and suffering that he created.[1][2][3]

However, not all Gnostic movements regarded the creator of the material universe as inherently evil or malevolent.[10][11] For instance, Valentinians believed that the Demiurge is merely an ignorant and incompetent creator, trying to fashion the world as good as he can, but lacking the proper power to maintain its goodness.[10][11] They were regarded as heretics by the proto-orthodox Early Church Fathers.[9][6][12]

Yaldabaoth is primarily mentioned in the Archontic, Sethian, and Ophite writings of Gnostic literature,[3] most of which have been discovered in the Nag Hammadi library.[1][2] In the Apocryphon of John, "Yaldabaoth" is the first of three names of the domineering archon, along with Saklas and Samael. In Pistis Sophia he has lost his claim to rulership and, in the depths of Chaos, together with 49 demons, tortures sacrilegious souls in a scorching hot torrent of pitch. Here he is a lion-faced archon, half flame, half darkness. Yaldabaoth appears as a rebellious angel both in the apocryphal Gospel of Judas and the Gnostic work Hypostasis of the Archons. In some of these Gnostic texts, Yaldabaoth is further identified with the Ancient Roman god Saturnus.[3]\

12. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

the new world order is gay.

the great reset is foolish.

fuk klows schvab.

13. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

the new world order is gay.

the great reset is foolish.

fuk klows schvab.
    They are chumps for the Chinese to exploit.

Unlike Western Leaders the Chinese leaders are not historically illiterate, and they do their homework, and they think ahead, and they know when to strike.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

14. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    They are chumps for the Chinese to exploit.

Unlike Western Leaders the Chinese leaders are not historically illiterate, and they do their homework, and they think ahead, and they know when to strike.
    ok ching chong bing bong.

15. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

ok ching chong bing bong.
    I speak of what I see, not what I want to see.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

16. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I speak of what I see, not what I want to see.
    yer good.

im just messin.