Thread: Russians react to Vlad's mobilization order

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,427 Times in 5,874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,519 Times in 6,260 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    NATO didn't invade Russia, Russia invaded Ukraine.
    Israel invaded Palestine. Palestine did not invade Israel.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    Israel invaded Palestine. Palestine did not invade Israel.
    Well, Israel and Palestine were created at the same time, in the 1947 partition.

Ethnic cleansing happened on both sides (one of the few times I would agree on bothsides), and the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem was allied with the Nazis and fascists during WWII.

I do not agree that Israel has a right to the WB, Gaza, or Golan, and I think they should withdraw completely from those regions and make Jerusalem an international city with its own government separate from Israel and the Palestinian Authority, administered and managed by the UN.

But the Arab nations did invade on Yom Kippur in 1973, and the intifada in the 2000's was a massive failure and mistake since it didn't gain the Palestinians anything.

Arafat could have accepted the 2000 Peace Plan which would have led to commercial and business development of the Palestinian territories using Israeli money, but he blew that.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Cypress (09-27-2022)

4. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well, Israel and Palestine were created at the same time, in the 1947 partition.
    Correct- but the Zionists ignored the delineation laid down by that Resolution and attacked the Arab division.

Ethnic cleansing happened on both sides (one of the few times I would agree on bothsides), and the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem was allied with the Nazis and fascists during WWII.
    The Grand Mufti was not a choice of Palestinians. He was appointed by the British. The Palestinians did not take an active part in the war- they were occupied by the British

I do not agree that Israel has a right to the WB, Gaza, or Golan, and I think they should withdraw completely from those regions and make Jerusalem an international city with its own government separate from Israel and the Palestinian Authority, administered and managed by the UN.
    The law is with you

But the Arab nations did invade on Yom Kippur in 1973, and the intifada in the 2000's was a massive failure and mistake since it didn't gain the Palestinians anything.
    Yes, 1973 was the only war initiated by the Arabs. All the others were initiated by the Zionists. The 2000 intifada was engineered by Sharon , not the Palestinians.

Arafat could have accepted the 2000 Peace Plan which would have led to commercial and business development of the Palestinian territories using Israeli money, but he blew that.
    No, Camp David was a farce. The Palestinians were not even given a map. ( This is confirmed by an Israeli attendee ) Clinton organized a stitch-up. Arafat turned down the plan to dissolve his country..

Maria Ressa.

5. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Correct- but the Zionists ignored the delineation laid down by that Resolution and attacked the Arab division.
    They both attacked each other, not one or the other...remember, 6 Arab nations invaded Israel when it was founded.

The Grand Mufti was not a choice of Palestinians. He was appointed by the British. The Palestinians did not take an active part in the war- they were occupied by the British
    Sure he was, he wasn't the choice of the British since he allied with the Nazis against them.

Yes, 1973 was the only war initiated by the Arabs.
    No, because they initiated the Six Day War in 1967 by amassing troops on Israel's border and threatening an invasion.

They also initiated the war in 1956 over Suez.

The 2000 intifada was engineered by Sharon , not the Palestinians.
    How?

Arafat was the one who launched the intifada, and his widow said it was a mistake:

Arafat’s widow: Second Intifada was a mistake
    https://www.jpost.com/arab-israeli-c...mistake-654028

How could it have been Sharon when he wasn't even PM when it started (Ehud Barak was). Barak was the one who made the peace offer to Arafat that was rejected.

That peace offer would have led to commercial and business development in the territories, all at Israel's expense.

All Arafat had to do was accept the deal and end the terrorism.

Guess what he chose?

6. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No, Camp David was a farce.
    Camp David was the best deal the Palestinians will have ever been offered.

Autonomous control over their lands, Israeli $$$ invested in their economy, free travel between Gaza and the WB, recognition of a Palestinian state.

That deal will never be offered again.

7. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The Palestinians were not even given a map. ( This is confirmed by an Israeli attendee )
    That is a complete and total lie because we all saw the map Israel proposed and it gave the Palestinians land in Israel for the land the settlers occupied.

Again, that deal will never be offered again.

inton organized a stitch-up. Arafat turned down the plan to dissolve his country..
    No, your pals just fuckin' blew it because they thought they could get more out of Israel by suicide bombing their busses.

So after dozens of suicide bombings, how close are the Palestinians to statehood today? Are they closer to it than they were in 1999-2000? Fuck no.

8. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

They both attacked each other, not one or the other...remember, 6 Arab nations invaded Israel when it was founded.
    No, that was in 1948. By then the Zionist terror-gangs, Irgun, Haganah et al had already forced Palestinians out of their villages and destroyed the,

Sure he was, he wasn't the choice of the British since he allied with the Nazis against them.[/quote ]

Yes, he was appointed by the British. He changed sides.

No, because they initiated the Six Day War in 1967 by amassing troops on Israel's border and threatening an invasion.
    The Zionists initiated the war by attacking them first. Pre-emptive strikes are aggression- and illegal, of course.

They also initiated the war in 1956 over Suez.
    Suez was no a zionist/Palestinian conflict.

How?

Arafat was the one who launched the intifada, and his widow said it was a mistake:
    The intifada wasn't an aggression, it was a response to Sharon's aggression- as Sharon fully expected.

Arafat’s widow: Second Intifada was a mistake
    https://www.jpost.com/arab-israeli-c...mistake-654028

How could it have been Sharon when he wasn't even PM when it started (Ehud Barak was). Barak was the one who made the peace offer to Arafat that was rejected.

That peace offer would have led to commercial and business development in the territories, all at Israel's expense.

All Arafat had to do was accept the deal and end the terrorism.

Guess what he chose?
    Sharon's march on Jerusalem's revered holy places was intended to cause a Palestinian response. Sharon had already organized the massacre of thousands of Palestinian refugees in Lebanon. They're still at it today. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabra_...atila_massacre

Maria Ressa.

9. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No, that was in 1948. By then the Zionist terror-gangs, Irgun, Haganah et al had already forced Palestinians out of their villages and destroyed the,
    Meanwhile, all across the Arab world, hundreds of thousands of Sephardic Jews were cleansed from places like Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, the Arabian peninsula, and Egypt.

No one has clean hands in this.

Yes, he was appointed by the British. He changed sides.
    Why would he do that?

The Zionists initiated the war by attacking them first. Pre-emptive strikes are aggression- and illegal, of course.
    If you threaten to hurt me before I punch you in the nuts, you would be the aggressor since you made the threat.

10. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Suez was no a zionist/Palestinian conflict.
    But it was a war in the region that the Arab states launched, and Israel participated.

The intifada wasn't an aggression, it was a response to Sharon's aggression- as Sharon fully expected.
    Sharon wasn't PM until 2001, but the intifada started in September of 2000, when Ehud Barak was Prime Minister.

You don't seem to know much about this.

You seem to be making it all up as you go.

Linear time and the facts are causing you to make some serious errors.

11. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That is a complete and total lie because we all saw the map Israel proposed and it gave the Palestinians land in Israel for the land the settlers occupied.

Again, that deal will never be offered again.

No, your pals just fuckin' blew it because they thought they could get more out of Israel by suicide bombing their busses.

So after dozens of suicide bombings, how close are the Palestinians to statehood today? Are they closer to it than they were in 1999-2000? Fuck no.
    OK- I'm not going to waste any more time attempting to educate a prosemitic moron. There was no map. Your ethnic-cleansing buddies once again hexed Palestine- with scurrilous American support.

Dershowitz challenges our claim that the Israelis did not offer the Palestinians a contiguous state at Camp David in July 2000. As support, he cites a statement by former Israeli prime minister Ehud Barak and the memoirs of former US negotiator Dennis Ross. There are a number of competing accounts of what happened at Camp David, however, and many of them agree with our claim. Moreover, Barak himself acknowledges that ‘the Palestinians were promised a continuous piece of sovereign territory except for a razor-thin Israeli wedge running from Jerusalem . . . to the Jordan River.’ This wedge, which would bisect the West Bank, was essential to Israel’s plan to retain control of the Jordan River Valley for another six to twenty years. Finally, and contrary to Dershowitz’s claim, there was no ‘second map’ or map of a ‘final proposal at Camp David’. Indeed, it is explicitly stated in a note beside the map published in Ross’s memoirs that ‘no map was presented during the final rounds at Camp David.’ Given all this, it is not surprising that Barak’s foreign minister, Shlomo Ben-Ami, who was a key participant at Camp David, later admitted: ‘If I were a Palestinian I would have rejected Camp David as well.’

http://www.irmep.org/mw_letter.htm
    Dershowitz is a scurrilous prosemitic liar.

Maria Ressa.

12. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Sharon's march on Jerusalem's revered holy places was intended to cause a Palestinian response
    So you're saying the Palestinians couldn't help themselves but launch a 10 year intifada that gained them absolutely nothing?

That seems kinda racist...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Cypress (09-27-2022)

14. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

OK- I'm not going to waste any more time attempting to educate a prosemitic moron. There was no map.
    There was absolutely a map, and Arafat rejected it along with the economic aid & development Israel would pay for, along with recognizing the Palestinian state.

Are Palestinians that close today or are they further from that?

They probably should have accepted that proposal; if they had, they wouldn't be in poverty right now with no hope.

All you have to ask is; after ten years of intifada, are the Palestinians closer to statehood today than they were in 2000?

HELL NO.

15. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Several of the folks in the video said they would be happy to serve if they get drafted. An old man was saying he'd send his son and serve himself if he could...

The folks in the video did not universally condemn the idea.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

16. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Sharon wasn't PM until 2001, but the intifada started in September of 2000, when Ehud Barak was Prime Minister.

Sharon didn't have to be pm to slaughter Palestinians, dumbass. You can fuck off now. You have absolutely nothing in your bag except prosemitic canards- all debunked.

Maria Ressa.

17. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There was absolutely a map, and Arafat rejected it along with the economic aid & development Israel would pay for, along with recognizing the Palestinian state.

Are Palestinians that close today or are they further from that?

They probably should have accepted that proposal; if they had, they wouldn't be in poverty right now with no hope.

All you have to ask is; after ten years of intifada, are the Palestinians closer to statehood today than they were in 2000?

HELL NO.
    There was no map .. Your willful ignorance is sickening

Dershowitz challenges our claim that the Israelis did not offer the Palestinians a contiguous state at Camp David in July 2000. As support, he cites a statement by former Israeli prime minister Ehud Barak and the memoirs of former US negotiator Dennis Ross. There are a number of competing accounts of what happened at Camp David, however, and many of them agree with our claim. Moreover, Barak himself acknowledges that ‘the Palestinians were promised a continuous piece of sovereign territory except for a razor-thin Israeli wedge running from Jerusalem . . . to the Jordan River.’ This wedge, which would bisect the West Bank, was essential to Israel’s plan to retain control of the Jordan River Valley for another six to twenty years. Finally, and contrary to Dershowitz’s claim, there was no ‘second map’ or map of a ‘final proposal at Camp David’. Indeed, it is explicitly stated in a note beside the map published in Ross’s memoirs that ‘no map was presented during the final rounds at Camp David.’ Given all this, it is not surprising that Barak’s foreign minister, Shlomo Ben-Ami, who was a key participant at Camp David, later admitted:[/b] ‘If I were a Palestinian I would have rejected Camp David as well.’[/b]

http://www.irmep.org/mw_letter.htm

Maria Ressa.