Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: What Does AOC Have That Boebert Does Not?

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,986 Times in 3,359 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 636 Times in 604 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Since they are estimates, then how can people point to them as if their conclusions are solid, conclusive FACT? You keep trying to split a hair to ignore the FACT that NONE of your examples incorporate my statement. Your first paragraph bends over backwards with supposition and conjecture...because when the MSM (print & broadcast) throw in that little gem of "people who have stopped looking for work", they sure don't do as you do here because of the severe flaws in it. Remember, unemployment insurance is temporary. When it runs out, those people are NOT counted....there are just ASSUMPTIONS as to what became of them. You keep proving my point when you post reports from the private and public sector employers, because you cannot point to 3 different employers registering the same person....common knowledge for average working people, but a stunning revelation for folk like G.W. Bush. And like your examples show, the UI is PART of the equation.....and if that equation leaves out some facts and estimates to "fill in the gaps", it's inaccurate. Why you are fighting this doesn't make sense.
    Now you are only proving you don't understand how statistics work. You should really stop proving your ignorance.
    The MSM doesn't throw out the little gem. It is statistics generated from the random sample that is surveyed. Spend some time to look up statistics and why and how it works.
    Read the explanations and the source documents before you make such obvious errors about people not being counted when their insurance runs out. By doing a household survey, BLS avoids the issue of not counting people whose unemployment insurance has run out. They say it right there in their explanation when they explain that people often make the mistake that you are making. Read it three times and then if you need it explained, ask someone. Employers don't report!!!! That is another mistake on your part. Don't you want to stop being ignorant? Because if you aren't willing to educate yourself then you stop being ignorant and reveal yourself to be stupid.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

2. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 32 Times in 29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    It's not for that. This is his stupid you people are. She is made fun of because she's an idiot.
    No. Republicans put words into her mouth and they twist what she says.

I mean, aren't you the party who voted for a POTUS who says he loves the uneducated?

Lol.

3. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post

A college degree.
    integrity
    Lock Him Up

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

Doc Dutch (09-28-2022), PoliTalker (09-30-2022)

5. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,632 Times in 4,084 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,357 Times in 1,282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Richard Saunders View Post
    Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Since they are estimates, then how can people point to them as if their conclusions are solid, conclusive FACT? You keep trying to split a hair to ignore the FACT that NONE of your examples incorporate my statement. Your first paragraph bends over backwards with supposition and conjecture...because when the MSM (print & broadcast) throw in that little gem of "people who have stopped looking for work", they sure don't do as you do here because of the severe flaws in it. Remember, unemployment insurance is temporary. When it runs out, those people are NOT counted....there are just ASSUMPTIONS as to what became of them. You keep proving my point when you post reports from the private and public sector employers, because you cannot point to 3 different employers registering the same person....common knowledge for average working people, but a stunning revelation for folk like G.W. Bush. And like your examples show, the UI is PART of the equation.....and if that equation leaves out some facts and estimates to "fill in the gaps", it's inaccurate. Why you are fighting this doesn't make sense.

Now you are only proving you don't understand how statistics work. You should really stop proving your ignorance.
    The MSM doesn't throw out the little gem. It is statistics generated from the random sample that is surveyed. Spend some time to look up statistics and why and how it works.
    Read the explanations and the source documents before you make such obvious errors about people not being counted when their insurance runs out. By doing a household survey, BLS avoids the issue of not counting people whose unemployment insurance has run out. They say it right there in their explanation when they explain that people often make the mistake that you are making. Read it three times and then if you need it explained, ask someone. Employers don't report!!!! That is another mistake on your part. Don't you want to stop being ignorant? Because if you aren't willing to educate yourself then you stop being ignorant and reveal yourself to be stupid.
    Your insults and basic repetition display your waning ability to prove your case, or disprove what I say. Pay attention to what you source, Rick. Again, the Census questions DO NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT MULTIPLE JOBS HELD BY ONE PERSON. Essentially, this can lead to a more positive report.

Only residents who are in the labor force are counted in the unemployment rate. Someone who does not have a job but claims they are not looking for one is considered out of the labor force and is not counted in the unemployment rate. Economists call members of this group "discouraged workers." https://www.investopedia.com/ask/ans...ed-monthly.asp

But the kicker is this:

The Unemployment Insurance weekly claims data are used in current economic analysis of unemployment trends in the nation, and in each state

https://oui.doleta.gov/unemploy/claims.asp

Nuff said, Rick. All this information is NOT treated as 2 different and separate issues. My previous statement stands valid despite all your repetitive supposition and conjecture. (yes, one site says one thing, then says another...both are gov't agencies dealing with the job market. You want to beat a dead horse on this, go right ahead.
    Last edited by Taichiliberal; 09-28-2022 at 05:06 PM.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

6. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 74 Times in 66 Posts
    Blog Entries

Does it show HOW that person is employed beyond full, temp or part time? Remember, businesses also report their employment/unemployment rate as part of the mix. AND the official reports always couch everything with the word "estimates".

Let me explain it to you in a manner you'll find acceptable: remember when Obama touted that the near recession that was the Bush legacy was over because employment was up as reported by businesses? The GOP retort was that those jobs were NOT of the same quality as the ones previously held (lower salaries, more part-time and temp, less benefits). They made the DISTINCTION to counter the official tallied facts that jobs were being filled and the horizon was brighter. All I'm doing here is applying to same scrutiny to the ACTUAL employment/unemployment rate.
    It does, actually. There are unemployment stats for 'underemployed', etc.. But again, the stats would report that one person is employed and that 9 are unemployed. Not what you claimed.

7. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,632 Times in 4,084 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,357 Times in 1,282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Does it show HOW that person is employed beyond full, temp or part time? Remember, businesses also report their employment/unemployment rate as part of the mix. AND the official reports always couch everything with the word "estimates".

Let me explain it to you in a manner you'll find acceptable: remember when Obama touted that the near recession that was the Bush legacy was over because employment was up as reported by businesses? The GOP retort was that those jobs were NOT of the same quality as the ones previously held (lower salaries, more part-time and temp, less benefits). They made the DISTINCTION to counter the official tallied facts that jobs were being filled and the horizon was brighter. All I'm doing here is applying to same scrutiny to the ACTUAL employment/unemployment rate.

It does, actually. There are unemployment stats for 'underemployed', etc.. But again, the stats would report that one person is employed and that 9 are unemployed. Not what you claimed.
    Actually, I stated AS FACT that nowhere in any of the links provided by Rick Saunders is the distinction made that 3 jobs are held by one person, and therefore the numbers of employed (as reported by businesses) is skewed as to the number unemployed (and yes, like it or not the unemployment insurance stats by the DOL play a part in the equation, as one of my links shows). Only the IRS has the records for how many jobs one actually has. Also, could you please point to the report and page where "under employed" is listed and how?
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

8. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Your insults and basic repetition display your waning ability to prove your case, or disprove what I say. Pay attention to what you source, Rick. Again, the Census questions DO NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT MULTIPLE JOBS HELD BY ONE PERSON. Essentially, this can lead to a more positive report.

Only residents who are in the labor force are counted in the unemployment rate. Someone who does not have a job but claims they are not looking for one is considered out of the labor force and is not counted in the unemployment rate. Economists call members of this group "discouraged workers." https://www.investopedia.com/ask/ans...ed-monthly.asp

But the kicker is this:

The Unemployment Insurance weekly claims data are used in current economic analysis of unemployment trends in the nation, and in each state

https://oui.doleta.gov/unemploy/claims.asp
    I give you links to the actual entities that do the reports and then you give links to investipedia? I'll stick with the Bureau of Labor and their description of how they calculate unemployment and where they state why no one should use their numbers they way you are. They aren't "census" questions since the Census Bureau has nothing to do with the monthly unemployment numbers. Most people in the know don't just look at the U3 numbers even though those are the number most reported by the media. Do you even know what that U6 unemployment is compared to the U3? By the way investopedia supports my claim about discouraged workers which is in direct contradiction of your claim, "I think you would be hard pressed to actually find people who "just stopped looking for work" as our MSM has periodically stated in the last few decades."

Everyone uses the numbers. Everyone with any sense knows that the numbers are different and can't be used interchangeably. An increase in unemployment claims doesn't mean that that unemployment rate is going up since unemployment doesn't count discouraged workers. Your previous statements show you don't know much about how anyone uses the unemployment numbers. I have been using them for over 20 years. I see you don't want to be educated because you are convinced you know more than anyone else. Good luck with that in life.

9. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Actually, I stated AS FACT that nowhere in any of the links provided by Rick Saunders is the distinction made that 3 jobs are held by one person, and therefore the numbers of employed (as reported by businesses) is skewed as to the number unemployed (and yes, like it or not the unemployment insurance stats by the DOL play a part in the equation, as one of my links shows). Only the IRS has the records for how many jobs one actually has. Also, could you please point to the report and page where "under employed" is listed and how?
    There you go again, trying to combine the different reports on employment to say that one is skewed BECAUSE of another one. No such thing can happen in the real world for people that actually understand what each report says. You keep claiming the numbers of employed as reported by businesses. There is no report by "BUSINESS" that says who is employed. You are making up a report that doesn't exist in the real world. ADP is not reporting on its employees. It is reporting on the payrolls of the business that use ADP. That is then used as a basis to estimate the rest of the business that don't use ADP. There is no report by businesses of the number of people they employ!!! That is your made up nonsense.

The IRS does NOT have the records of how many jobs one actually has. The IRS has the record of how many jobs are withholding taxes. That is not the same thing as the number of jobs one has. I could work 100 jobs for cash and the IRS would never know that I had those jobs.

Also, could you please point to the report and page where "under employed" is listed and how?
    https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t15.htm Are you willing to educate yourself on U5 and U6?

10. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,010 Times in 8,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gondwanaland View Post
    Did you include when AOC pretended she had gotten arrested, and then forgot to keep her hands behind her like she'd been handcuffed and raised a fist?
    AOC was arrested, and given a $50 fine. The police saw no need to handcuff her, because unlike the Boeberts, she was not drunk and belligerent.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...t/10117539002/

AOC graduated cum laude with a dual major. Boebert flunked out of high school... Let that sink in, she was so stupid, she could not make it through high school.
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan said it best, "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
    Paul Begala, "Politics is show business for ugly people."
    Stephen Colbert, "Reality has a well known liberal bias."

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-30-2022)

12. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Agreed, which is why she may end up on the wrong side of a courtroom over her actions surrounding 1/6.
    That would not surprise me one little bit. She thinks law enforcement is a nuisance and a hindrance to her 'freedom' - to break laws!
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

13. #146 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Boebert runs a restaurant.

So go figure:

The restaurant has been written up for health code violations.

If only she had gotten a better education she might have known better.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

14. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Walt,

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    AOC was arrested, and given a $50 fine. The police saw no need to handcuff her, because unlike the Boeberts, she was not drunk and belligerent.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...t/10117539002/

AOC graduated cum laude with a dual major. Boebert flunked out of high school... Let that sink in, she was so stupid, she could not make it through high school.
    AOC pulled a John Lewis - she got into 'good trouble.' She was arrested outside the Supreme Court for protesting the overturning of Roe v Wade. Her crime was sitting down in the street to draw attention to the outrageous decision. Good on her!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Walt (09-30-2022)

16. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,586 Times in 51,899 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch,

That would not surprise me one little bit. She thinks law enforcement is a nuisance and a hindrance to her 'freedom' - to break laws!
    The Qless, be they elected or not, will not do well when this all comes down.

Anyone who supported the overthrow of the US government, either physically or materially, will be crushed and either sent to prison or the poor house.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-30-2022)

18. #149 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Trumpet,

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    integrity
    Absolutely. And true patriotism. The spirit of public service - for the people.

It's like these two women exemplify the spirits of the right and the left.

Boebert working against the system in the spirit of opposing government, AOC working for the people, for society, thinking of what is best for the USA.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 09-30-2022 at 07:23 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Trumpet (09-30-2022)

20. #150 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,010 Times in 8,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

AOC pulled a John Lewis - she got into 'good trouble.' She was arrested outside the Supreme Court for protesting the overturning of Roe v Wade. Her crime was sitting down in the street to draw attention to the outrageous decision. Good on her!
    There are different pieces of advice, depending on how prevalent guns are. In situations where there are not many guns, they tell you to keep your hands behind your back, and stay calm when confronted by the police. In situations where there are many guns, you keep your hands visible, and stay calm. AOC did the wise thing, and got a $50 fine. The trump supporters broke into government buildings, and beat police officers with metal fire extinguishers... That is the wrong way to interact with police, and got them a few years in prison.
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan said it best, "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
    Paul Begala, "Politics is show business for ugly people."
    Stephen Colbert, "Reality has a well known liberal bias."