Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: What Does AOC Have That Boebert Does Not?

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,342 Times in 9,844 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 486 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Don't worry about it, Fredo. Just keep doing what you're doing so your WSE friends will like you.

Example:
    you got nothing.

shut your lying face hole.
    morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition
    https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/trump

2. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 75 Times in 67 Posts
    Blog Entries

You may want to take your own advice, dumbass, including the links...but it appears you're a "concrete thinker". Not your fault.
    Yes, I asked you if you included AOC pretending to be arrested. How was that me saying AOC had been arrested more than Bobert, you fucking dumb cunt?

3. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,625 Times in 52,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,516 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gondwanaland View Post
    Yes, I asked you if you included AOC pretending to be arrested. How was that me saying AOC had been arrested more than Bobert, you fucking dumb cunt?
    ^^^ Didn't read the posts.

Your anger is a clue, Mr. Concrete Thinker. LOL

Don't worry about. Just keep thinking I'm a dumb cunt so you can feel good about yourself.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

4. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,080 Times in 3,425 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 643 Times in 611 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    i dont have a link but i have seen iy and that is a fair account of what she said.

and as she was talking about the employer survey its correct as they count a job as a job irrespective of others. the household survey does not. this is why household is usually lower especiallt the one last month which was about a third of the employer tally.
    LOL.. I posted the link to the actual video. Care to point out where she says she is talking about the employer survey? She was given the unemployment number which is the household survey.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

5. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,342 Times in 9,844 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 486 Posts
    Blog Entries

isn't reality more than just the deep state jacking itself off?
    morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition
    https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/trump

6. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

I did do something, sweetie; I proved you were bullshitting about AOC being arrested more than Boebert.

While I don't despise either, Boebert is clearly a nutjob and possible traitor. AOC is just a LWL.

https://www.denverpost.com/2022/04/2...-capitol-riot/
    Rep. Lauren Boebert at early meeting discussing how Mike Pence “could approach certifying the electoral college votes,” witness says
    “I just remember general – general correspondence of Vice President may be able to do this,” the aide told a congressional committee
    Actually working against the United States of America. Very unpatriotic of Boebert! I do hope she ends up in prison over it. That would be the right thing.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (09-28-2022)

8. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Richard Saunders View Post
    LOL.. I posted the link to the actual video. Care to point out where she says she is talking about the employer survey? She was given the unemployment number which is the household survey.
    oh brother.... well that sounds more like her.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

9. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,625 Times in 52,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,516 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Dutch Uncle,

Actually working against the United States of America. Very unpatriotic of Boebert! I do hope she ends up in prison over it. That would be the right thing.
    Agreed, which is why she may end up on the wrong side of a courtroom over her actions surrounding 1/6.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-30-2022)

11. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,761 Times in 4,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Blog Entries

You have it all wrong in how the unemployment rate is calculated. It is done with a survey. People are asked:
    Do you have a job? People with one job answer yes and people with three jobs answer yes.
    If you don't have a job are you looking for work? Only people with no jobs and looking for work answer yes.
    If you don't have a job are you not looking for work?

The standard unemployment rate is the people looking for work divided by the sum of people working and looking for work. A person that has three jobs is only counted once since they are only one person.

Other unemployment rates such as U6 are calculated differently. U6 is people with jobs divided by all persons over 16 include retired and those not looking for work.
    There is also an underemployed category which includes people working part time that would like to be working full time.

If 1 out of 10 people is working 3 jobs and the other 9 people are looking for work then the unemployment would be 90%. If 1 out of 10 people is working 3 jobs, 4 people are looking for work and 5 people are not looking for work then the unemployment would be 75%.
    Your first paragraph says it all, because that survey does NOT ask how many jobs does that person have. And if that person is only counted once, as you point out then any tally afterward is off no matter what other avenues you look, because those businesses are reporting an increase in employees.

People who are NOT looking for work but apply for unemployment insurance give a reason....medical, legal, etc. I think you would be hard pressed to actually find people who "just stopped looking for work" as our MSM has periodically stated in the last few decades...because unless they qualify for welfare (now "work fare" - Slick Willy's version of indentured servitude), no one in their right mind is just going to give up eating or living indoors (unless they become part of a criminal group).

Here's how the DOL approaches dolling out unemployment insurance: https://dol.ny.gov/work-search-frequ...20request%20it.

When the official final reports are given, they are always couched as "estimates".

I seriously doubt either Bobbert or Green give this matter this much thought. AOC may be (and can be, has been, will be) accused of generalizations, but here she's at least in the ball park.
    Last edited by Taichiliberal; 09-28-2022 at 01:17 PM.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

12. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You are conflating 3 different reporting systems and trying to claim they say things they don't.
    Unemployment is based on a household survey.
    People collecting unemployment is based on the actual number of people applying for unemployment so it is related to people that have lost jobs and doesn't reflect unemployment in general.
    The ADP employment survey counts the number of people getting paid for work so it can double count people if someone is working 2 jobs.

The ADP employment survey almost never matches the unemployment survey or the unemployment survey. They can show similar trends but they will rarely match.
    See Post #129 in response.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

13. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That's... not how unemployment is measured. Looks like you're as braindead as her.
    See Post #129 as a response to you. Hope the information enlightens you.

George Orwell

14. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Um.... no. It reports that one person is employed and 9 are unemployed and looking for employment.
    Does it show HOW that person is employed beyond full, temp or part time? Remember, businesses also report their employment/unemployment rate as part of the mix. AND the official reports always couch everything with the word "estimates".

Let me explain it to you in a manner you'll find acceptable: remember when Obama touted that the near recession that was the Bush legacy was over because employment was up as reported by businesses? The GOP retort was that those jobs were NOT of the same quality as the ones previously held (lower salaries, more part-time and temp, less benefits). They made the DISTINCTION to counter the official tallied facts that jobs were being filled and the horizon was brighter. All I'm doing here is applying to same scrutiny to the ACTUAL employment/unemployment rate.

George Orwell

15. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Your first paragraph says it all, because that survey does NOT ask how many jobs does that person have. And if that person is only counted once, as you point out then any tally afterward is off no matter what other avenues you look, because those businesses are reporting an increase in employees.

People who are NOT looking for work but apply for unemployment insurance give a reason....medical, legal, etc. I think you would be hard pressed to actually find people who "just stopped looking for work" as our MSM has periodically stated in the last few decades...because unless they qualify for welfare (now "work fare" - Slick Willy's version of indentured servitude), no one in their right mind is just going to give up eating or living indoors (unless they become part of a criminal group).

Here's how the DOL approaches dolling out unemployment insurance: https://dol.ny.gov/work-search-frequ...20request%20it.

When the official final reports are given, they are always couched as "estimates".

I seriously doubt either Bobbert or Green give this matter this much thought. AOC may be (and can be, has been, will be) accused of generalizations, but here she's at least in the ball park.
    Of course people stop looking for work. They retire. They are 55 and become discouraged because no one will hire them. They are a single mom and realize that they can't afford day care while working.

You really need to look at how the 3 different statistics are created. They are created by different entities entirely.
    https://www.bls.gov/cps/cps_htgm.htm
    Some people think that to get these figures on unemployment, the government uses the number of people collecting unemployment insurance (UI) benefits under state or federal government programs. But some people are still jobless when their benefits run out, and many more are not eligible at all or delay or never apply for benefits. So, quite clearly, UI information cannot be used as a source for complete information on the number of unemployed.
    https://adpemploymentreport.com/
    The ADP National Employment Report is an independent estimate of the change in U.S. private sector employment and pay derived from actual, anonymous payroll data of client companies served by ADP, a leading provider of human capital management solutions.
    https://oui.doleta.gov/unemploy/claims.asp
    Unemployment Insurance Weekly Claims Data

The Unemployment Insurance weekly claims data are used in current economic analysis of unemployment trends in the nation, and in each state. Initial claims measure emerging unemployment and continued weeks claimed measure the number of persons claiming unemployment benefits.
    The numbers are estimates because they use sampling to get their results. Any number that is calculated from a sample will have a statistical error so it is never given as an absolute.

16. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Does it show HOW that person is employed beyond full, temp or part time? Remember, businesses also report their employment/unemployment rate as part of the mix. AND the official reports always couch everything with the word "estimates".
    Businesses do not typically report their employment/unemployment rates. Large businesses are required by law to give notice for layoffs but none of the numbers from employment released every month come directly from businesses.

Let me explain it to you in a manner you'll find acceptable: remember when Obama touted that the near recession that was the Bush legacy was over because employment was up as reported by businesses? The GOP retort was that those jobs were NOT of the same quality as the ones previously held (lower salaries, more part-time and temp, less benefits). They made the DISTINCTION to counter the official tallied facts that jobs were being filled and the horizon was brighter. All I'm doing here is applying to same scrutiny to the ACTUAL employment/unemployment rate.
    The problem you are having is that you don't seem to know the first thing about how the numbers are created or announced. It's best to not explain something you know nothing about.

When it comes to what AOC was talking about, the question was a long one that included the unemployment number but was also about the rich vs the poor in today's society. AOC was answering about the rich vs the poor and how the poor have to work 2-3 jobs or 60-80 hour weeks to make ends meet. Her statement was taken out of context to try to claim she was talking about how unemployment was officially calculated. She clearly was not really talking about that at all. You are defending her out of ignorance which does you and AOC no favors. Educate yourself and you will have a stronger defense. The attack on AOC is idiotic since she wasn't talking about the unemployment rate and never used the words unemployment rate.

17. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post

I seriously doubt either Bobbert or Green give this matter this much thought. AOC may be (and can be, has been, will be) accused of generalizations, but here she's at least in the ball park

Of course people stop looking for work. They retire. They are 55 and become discouraged because no one will hire them. They are a single mom and realize that they can't afford day care while working.

You really need to look at how the 3 different statistics are created. They are created by different entities entirely.
    https://www.bls.gov/cps/cps_htgm.htm

Some people think that to get these figures on unemployment, the government uses the number of people collecting unemployment insurance (UI) benefits under state or federal government programs. But some people are still jobless when their benefits run out, and many more are not eligible at all or delay or never apply for benefits. So, quite clearly, UI information cannot be used as a source for complete information on the number of unemployed.

https://adpemploymentreport.com/

The ADP National Employment Report is an independent estimate of the change in U.S. private sector employment and pay derived from actual, anonymous payroll data of client companies served by ADP, a leading provider of human capital management solutions.
    Unemployment Insurance Weekly Claims Data

The Unemployment Insurance weekly claims data are used in current economic analysis of unemployment trends in the nation, and in each state. Initial claims measure emerging unemployment and continued weeks claimed measure the number of persons claiming unemployment benefits.
    https://oui.doleta.gov/unemploy/claims.asp

The numbers are estimates because they use sampling to get their results. Any number that is calculated from a sample will have a statistical error so it is never given as an absolute.
    Since they are estimates, then how can people point to them as if their conclusions are solid, conclusive FACT? You keep trying to split a hair to ignore the FACT that NONE of your examples incorporate my statement. Your first paragraph bends over backwards with supposition and conjecture...because when the MSM (print & broadcast) throw in that little gem of "people who have stopped looking for work", they sure don't do as you do here because of the severe flaws in it. Remember, unemployment insurance is temporary. When it runs out, those people are NOT counted....there are just ASSUMPTIONS as to what became of them. You keep proving my point when you post reports from the private and public sector employers, because you cannot point to 3 different employers registering the same person....common knowledge for average working people, but a stunning revelation for folk like G.W. Bush. And like your examples show, the UI is PART of the equation.....and if that equation leaves out some facts and estimates to "fill in the gaps", it's inaccurate. Why you are fighting this doesn't make sense.

George Orwell