Members banned from this thread: Cypress, evince, floridafan, ThatOwlWoman, Frank Apisa, guno, LV426, NiftyNiblick, Poor Richard Saunders, Trumpet, AProudLefty, Dutch Uncle, Geeko Sportivo and LurchAddams


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42

Thread: The real danger of climate change

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    16,054
    Thanks
    934
    Thanked 5,512 Times in 4,218 Posts
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 381 Times in 377 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default The real danger of climate change

    The rabid obsession that the tree hugging idiot leftists have about climate change is becoming a crisis bigger than the climate change they claim to hate so much. Remember leftists don't ever actually care.abiut the things they claim to care about they care only about the leftist agenda. Anyone who thinks leftists actually care about climate change is as dumb as those very same leftists think you are.

    I read this and realized how true it all is

    https://www.capitalismmagazine.com/2...f-governments/

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Yakuda For This Post:

    Into the Night (09-25-2022)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    53,344
    Thanks
    19,278
    Thanked 9,747 Times in 8,630 Posts
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 909 Times in 896 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    The Church of Global Warming (otherwise known as the Church of Climate Change) is a fundamentalist style religion. It routinely discards the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics and the Stefan-Boltzmann law. It routinely discards mathematics, particularly statistical mathematics. This religion stems from the Church of Green, which in turn stems from the Church of Karl Marx. Because it is a religion, it needs no further justification than the religion itself. Anyone challenging the religion is a <pick insult string here>. The very nature of fundamentalism is to put down and condemn anyone that is not a true believer.

    Yes. This is about implementing fascism and communism in the name of 'saving the planet'.

    This is about tyranny.
    "Abortion is not murder under any state law." -- Flash
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "Trump was not a conservative." --Jarod
    "you wanna go down the 'corporations are people' and 'unlimited campaign spending is free speech' rabbit hole?" --AssHatZombie
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

    Everything else debunked here

  4. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    36,079
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 18,196 Times in 11,437 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,636 Posts

    Default

    Let’s first look at the source, an opinion piece by an obscure Canadian libertarian in a equally curious publication put out by an off shore entity, and no, that is not an ad hominem, common sense, if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, walks like a duck, no matter what another says, it most likely is a duck

    Second, “now that Russia has started a war,” so what if Russia didn’t start a war, guess then her argument about pipelines, and it’s always, “build that pipeline and all is solved,” is questionable

    And from there we go to the usual “freedom” bullshit, amazing how wingers don’t understand the concept that freedom and rights are based on reason, not desire, and please, spare us the God given bullshit

  5. The Following User Groans At archives For This Awful Post:

    Guille (09-26-2022)

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

    evince (09-25-2022), guno (09-30-2022), Phantasmal (09-25-2022)

  7. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    53,344
    Thanks
    19,278
    Thanked 9,747 Times in 8,630 Posts
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 909 Times in 896 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Let’s first look at the source, an opinion piece by an obscure Canadian libertarian in a equally curious publication put out by an off shore entity, and no, that is not an ad hominem, common sense, if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, walks like a duck, no matter what another says, it most likely is a duck

    Second, “now that Russia has started a war,” so what if Russia didn’t start a war, guess then her argument about pipelines, and it’s always, “build that pipeline and all is solved,” is questionable

    And from there we go to the usual “freedom” bullshit, amazing how wingers don’t understand the concept that freedom and rights are based on reason, not desire, and please, spare us the God given bullshit
    Bulverism fallacy. Pivot fallacy (off topic).
    "Abortion is not murder under any state law." -- Flash
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "Trump was not a conservative." --Jarod
    "you wanna go down the 'corporations are people' and 'unlimited campaign spending is free speech' rabbit hole?" --AssHatZombie
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

    Everything else debunked here

  8. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    48,028
    Thanks
    2,322
    Thanked 11,489 Times in 9,407 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 875 Times in 848 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    The rabid obsession that the tree hugging idiot leftists have about climate change is becoming a crisis bigger than the climate change they claim to hate so much. Remember leftists don't ever actually care.abiut the things they claim to care about they care only about the leftist agenda. Anyone who thinks leftists actually care about climate change is as dumb as those very same leftists think you are.

    I read this and realized how true it all is

    https://www.capitalismmagazine.com/2...f-governments/
    You really do need to distinguish between the leaders of this communist revolution and their trained useful idiots.
    The WOKE believe that they can be, and can make everything around them be, what ever they want it to be if they believe hard enough and if there is enough solidarity......because this is what they have been taught....and they are stupendously stupid.

  9. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    25,554
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 12,838 Times in 8,936 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 616 Times in 588 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    The Church of Global Warming (otherwise known as the Church of Climate Change) is a fundamentalist style religion. It routinely discards the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics and the Stefan-Boltzmann law. It routinely discards mathematics, particularly statistical mathematics. This religion stems from the Church of Green, which in turn stems from the Church of Karl Marx. Because it is a religion, it needs no further justification than the religion itself. Anyone challenging the religion is a <pick insult string here>. The very nature of fundamentalism is to put down and condemn anyone that is not a true believer.

    Yes. This is about implementing fascism and communism in the name of 'saving the planet'.

    This is about tyranny.
    This is known as the Church of Gorebal Warming...

  10. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    21,761
    Thanks
    4,237
    Thanked 6,326 Times in 5,035 Posts
    Groans
    772
    Groaned 266 Times in 252 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Let’s first look at the source, an opinion piece by an obscure Canadian libertarian in a equally curious publication put out by an off shore entity, and no, that is not an ad hominem, common sense, if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, walks like a duck, no matter what another says, it most likely is a duck

    Second, “now that Russia has started a war,” so what if Russia didn’t start a war, guess then her argument about pipelines, and it’s always, “build that pipeline and all is solved,” is questionable

    And from there we go to the usual “freedom” bullshit, amazing how wingers don’t understand the concept that freedom and rights are based on reason, not desire, and please, spare us the God given bullshit
    Are they now? Whose reason?
    Why Trump? Because Fuck You that's why.

  11. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    16,054
    Thanks
    934
    Thanked 5,512 Times in 4,218 Posts
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 381 Times in 377 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Let’s first look at the source, an opinion piece by an obscure Canadian libertarian in a equally curious publication put out by an off shore entity, and no, that is not an ad hominem, common sense, if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, walks like a duck, no matter what another says, it most likely is a duck

    Second, “now that Russia has started a war,” so what if Russia didn’t start a war, guess then her argument about pipelines, and it’s always, “build that pipeline and all is solved,” is questionable

    And from there we go to the usual “freedom” bullshit, amazing how wingers don’t understand the concept that freedom and rights are based on reason, not desire, and please, spare us the God given bullshit
    I'm not sure if you were born this obtuse or made that way by leftist indoctrination but if you think rights are based solely on "reason" then you're a bigger idiot than i imagined. BTW my imagination about how retarded you leftist are is really amazing.

  12. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    36,079
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 18,196 Times in 11,437 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,636 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    Are they now? Whose reason?
    Called common sense, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and sounds like a duck, it sure as hell ain’t an elephant

  13. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    36,079
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 18,196 Times in 11,437 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,636 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    I'm not sure if you were born this obtuse or made that way by leftist indoctrination but if you think rights are based solely on "reason" then you're a bigger idiot than i imagined. BTW my imagination about how retarded you leftist are is really amazing.
    Pretty obvious you didn’t process the concept, reason not desire, it isn’t solipsism

  14. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    55,983
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    1,008
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    And from there we go to the usual “freedom” bullshit, amazing how wingers don’t understand the concept that freedom and rights are based on reason, not desire, and please, spare us the God given bullshit
    proof that people on the left have no understanding of freedom or rights.
    In a combat situation it is about 16 times better to do something useful and violent right away than to wait and figure out something even more useful and violent later.
    “whenever you put your faith in big government for any reason, sooner or later you end up an apologist for mass murder.”

  15. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    36,079
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 18,196 Times in 11,437 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,636 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    proof that people on the left have no understanding of freedom or rights.
    If so, it should be easy for you to show how I am wrong, we’ll wait, your turn

  16. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    55,983
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    1,008
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    If so, it should be easy for you to show how I am wrong, we’ll wait, your turn
    you're wrong because you're wrong. Humans, living beings, have rights and freedoms for simply being alive. You leftist idiots can't fathom that concept because you're too full of hate and fear, so you demand that a governing body 'reasonably' use 'common sense' and write things out for you to feel comfortable and safe.

    A prime example is the primary law of nature. Do YOU have the right to defend your life? Does government have the authority to tell you that you can't?
    In a combat situation it is about 16 times better to do something useful and violent right away than to wait and figure out something even more useful and violent later.
    “whenever you put your faith in big government for any reason, sooner or later you end up an apologist for mass murder.”

  17. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    16,054
    Thanks
    934
    Thanked 5,512 Times in 4,218 Posts
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 381 Times in 377 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Pretty obvious you didn’t process the concept, reason not desire, it isn’t solipsism
    As I said my imagination of leftist stupid is wild and you have gone past even that. It's amazing how concretely you people think. It must be related to the content of your heads

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Yakuda For This Post:

    Into the Night (09-30-2022)

  19. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Posts
    545
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 225 Times in 162 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 22 Times in 19 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    It routinely discards the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics and the Stefan-Boltzmann law.
    Well, gosh that sounds SUPER scientific. Care to show us where these violations occur in the science? (Don't worry, I don't think anyone expects you to do so, just noting that it isn't really true).

    It routinely discards mathematics, particularly statistical mathematics.

    And may I know how you would know this? Especially the "statistical mathematics" (what most of us who actually DO use statistics call "statistics").

    This is about tyranny.
    No, it's actually about science you may not necessarily understand.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Perry Phimosis For This Post:

    guno (09-30-2022)

Similar Threads

  1. This was real climate change
    By Legion in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-2022, 09:48 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-15-2018, 08:39 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-15-2018, 06:19 AM
  4. Is climate change real?
    By Debate507 in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 02-24-2018, 11:05 AM
  5. Replies: 265
    Last Post: 04-10-2017, 05:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •