Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you believe Trump can 'declassify' classified docs by just 'thinking about them'?

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,732 Times in 4,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    its not a matter of what anyone who isnt a Supreme Court justice thinks or believes.
    That's right....it's a matter of LEGAL PROCEDURE AND PROTOCOL. Any deviation of that can and has resulted in legal ramifications, such as indictments, incarceration.

Remember, Dump was repeatedly ASKED by the gov't and the Feds to turn over ALL the classified stuff he took. Partial compliance doesn't cut it. The polite version of the "raid" on Mar-a-Lago was a joke compared to what the average citizen goes through (i.e., fatal no knock warrants of late in the news).

You can't excuse Dump....you come off as ridiculous as he does.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Because its the right thing. Just like Roe V Wade.

If he has the authority then he has the authority.

Doing the right thing is regaining respect whether you like it or not.
    We're not a monarchy, son. You can't cite any past example of where classified material was taken home by an ex-President where he LATER states, "well, I said it's declassified, so I don't have to do the paperwork". Nor can you cite and Constitutional law that does this.

Like your Orange Oaf god, you're just blowing smoke.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I understand that America is now run by communists (WOKE), but America is supposed to be a nation of law, and as such it does not matter what I think, it matters what the law says.

If the law is not clear then we failed.
    You're first two words ....

George Orwell

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Capitalist View Post
    That's just it. Trump doesn't understand what it means to be 'classified'. All he understands is wielding his supposed 'power' and 'command'.
    He kept the documents because they made him feel important, like he was still President. And the fact that he didn't understand the ramifications of what he did just highlights his ignorance of the severity.
    IMHO, he kept the documents as to give him some type of "leverage" whether in his private business dealings or in his near future political aspirations. Of course, he'd have one of his flunkies actually read and explain the content to him.....whether those flunkies would risk imprisonment for him is another story.

George Orwell

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    Trump never said they should inject a disinfectant he asked if they could do something like that. Clearly Trump is not a Dr and let’s not forget the mistakes that Dr Fauci made like telling us that the vaccine would prevent infection. I’m sure Trump thought putting in noxious chemo for cancer can work so why not something like that for COVID
    I'll agree on this point....I see Trump's poor communication skills getting him into more trouble than he realizes...given that he believes he's so brilliant that he can just "riff" on any subject when given a podium and a microphone. Sadly, history tells another story.

George Orwell

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

Joe Capitalist (09-23-2022)

7. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,616 Times in 9,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Capitalist View Post
    Here's Trump's latest bullshit. He can 'declassify' documents by just thinking about them. Do you believe him?

Trump’s claim of declassifying documents ‘by thinking about it’ is mocked by legal experts

Former President Trump says he could declassify documents just “by thinking about it” — an outlandish claim that drew howls of outrage from legal experts.

Speaking to Fox News’s Sean Hannity, Trump asserted there is no need for the president to formally declassify documents or even notify anyone that he has done so.

“If you’re the president of the United States, you can declassify just by saying, ‘It’s declassified,’ even by thinking about it,” Trump said.

“There can be a process, but there doesn’t have to be,” he added. “You’re the president. You make that decision.”

Trump is scrambling to find a legally viable defense to the investigation into mishandling top secret documents that led to the Aug. 8 search of his Mar-a-Lago Florida resort.

He apparently believes one defense could be that the documents were no longer classified because he says so.

But experts vigorously dispute that, noting that he has never provided any evidence that he declassified them before leaving the White House.

“I tried not to burst out laughing,” said Bradley P. Moss, a national security lawyer.

A three-judge federal appeals court panel, including two Trump-appointed justices, trashed Trump’s claim Wednesday night, saying documents that are marked as classified are considered classified unless there is evidence they have been declassified.
    I would question Trump's mental faculties?!!

8. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Link to that process dipshit. There isn't any. You're beyond mere stupid.
    Its already been posted a few days ago, you ignorant little shit. But here again scroll down to section 3.
    Do note that any declassified document must be so mak=rked on the document itself.

https://www.archives.gov/about/laws/appendix/12958.html

9. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    No he hasn't. In fact, he wins most of those legal battles. Dipshit.
    Just what legal battles has he won? How bout the most current one regarding the stolen documents, or how about the criminal trial about to begin against the Trump Organization?

Did he win the legal battle against the trump Foundation or possible the Trump University?
    Then we have the law suit regarding misuse of inauguration funds, which he also lost.
    This is just the tip, my dear, the losses he has suffered are immense.

10. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,041 Times in 6,685 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 543 Times in 519 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well remember that there is no documented process for a president to follow and he IS the ultimate decider as to what is classified or not. Yes, they most often opt to not exercise that authority and I suspect there are loads of documents that get classified that way he never has any reason to read.
    "There is no documented process".

Yes there is. John Thune just said so yesterday, when asked, as did several other GOP reps. There is a process.
    ================================================== =

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

11. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Richard Saunders View Post
    Oh. C'mon... I can declassify documents just be thinking I am President and then by thinking that I am declassifying documents while I am thinking about being President. It's perfect. No one has ever thought better.
    I just thought there should be a Kentucky mule in my hand, and <gasp>, ONE JUST APPEARED! twump must be right

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

12. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    There is a documented process, which Trump never bothered to go through. You notice neither trump himself nor any of his legal team ever told a judge that these documents were declassified.
    You know how we know the documents were NOT declassified? Because when a document is declassified, the "Top Secret" label is overwritten by the word, "Declassified".

13. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Because its the right thing. Just like Roe V Wade.

If he has the authority then he has the authority.

Doing the right thing is regaining respect whether you like it or not.
    "The right thing, lie Roe v. Wade". Now we know where you pull your facts out of - your ass.

14. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'm not relying on anything.

Read what it has to say about the president.
    Dodge. If you think the Constitution supports your position, cite the portion you're talking about or admit you don't have a clue.

15. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    No, but surely a good deal of the MAGA militia believe it because Trump said it was so
    That is absolutely true. There's a member here "Truth Detector", who's whole argument is based on trump's lie. His challenge to all of us is, "prove him wrong".

Douche.

16. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I understand that America is now run by communists (WOKE), but America is supposed to be a nation of law, and as such it does not matter what I think, it matters what the law says.

If the law is not clear then we failed.
    Your entire post is horseshit. "American run by communists" and "The law isn't clear".

The law is clear, trump broke it and we're not being run by communists you moron. Geez you suck as a poster here.