Thread: US railroad strike delayed

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,096 Times in 12,623 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,439 Times in 1,383 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default US railroad strike delayed

It looks to me that what has happened is that the union bosses capitulated to Revolution pressure to make a deal because America cant deal with a strike, we have way too many major problems already. That does not mean that the membership will approve it. Note that before the tentative deal was announced the railroads were already in the process of shutting down.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/15/busin...ess/index.html
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

McRocket (09-15-2022)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Michael Baldwin, president of the Brotherhood of Railroad Signalmen,
    How the FUCK is this name still allowed?

CHOP! CHOP!
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This cracks me up:

Amtrak restoring service in Seattle after railway agreement, strike avoided
    Amtrak, whose routes between Seattle and Portland would have been impacted by the shutdown, quickly began working to restore service
    https://www.king5.com/article/news/l...9-dfb3f9348787

One cant restore what was never disrupted. I see more and more that the Mind Molders, who certainly are university graduates, dont understand basic english.

DARK AGES SUCK!

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

So now democrats are alienating unions when it becomes an issue for their leadership.

Another voting bloc abandoned by the donkey party.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

In the last few years Washington has pushed well over $100 billion at unions, and pressured states to agree to union demands to shut down schools and allow government workers to not come in to work....the railroad union bosses have to play ball.

But the rank and file dont.

DARK AGES SUCK!

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    So now democrats are alienating unions when it becomes an issue for their leadership.

Another voting bloc abandoned by the donkey party.
    See post #5.

I dont know that anyone feels alienated by the demands, union bosses did what they were told so they get credit, and if the rank and file reject the deal they will go to the Revolution and say "We did our part, this is not our fault".

The fact that CNN is talking at length about how there still might be a strike because the employees might reject it is instructive.

DARK AGES SUCK!

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The railroads have straight up abused their workers over the last few years, and destroyed the safety culture that had been carefully built over many decades....they are pissed.

We'll see.

DARK AGES SUCK!

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I was reading not long ago that the railroads slashed employment at the start of the pandemic and are desperate to hire people now, but that new hires tend to quit after a very short time because they take one look at the operation from the inside and decide "No fucking way, I want no part of this!".

DARK AGES SUCK!

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    See post #5.

I dont know that anyone feels alienated by the demands, union bosses did what they were told so they get credit, and if the rank and file reject the deal they will go to the Revolution and say "We did our part, this is not our fault".

The fact that CNN is talking at length about how there still might be a strike because the employees might reject it is instructive.

the unspoken fact is that Pedo Joe made it profitable for union bosses to make this action go away just as Obama did for UAW bosses back when the Big Three were floundering.

lets see if rank and file remember this too. 20,000 or so autoworkers saw their jobs go to Canada/Mexico while the UAW bosses got their skimming fixed.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

In a related note I read a few days ago that Amtrak has 4,000 open jobs which they have been trying to fill but cant. Amtrak has of course been a deeply fucked organization for a very long time, some would say almost ever since it was created in 1971.

DARK AGES SUCK!

12. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    the unspoken fact is that Pedo Joe made it profitable for union bosses to make this action go away just as Obama did for UAW bosses back when the Big Three were floundering.

lets see if rank and file remember this too. 20,000 or so autoworkers saw their jobs go to Canada/Mexico while the UAW bosses got their skimming fixed.
    Union bosses are as corrupt as they ever were, they take the money and do as they are told, fuck the membership and what they want/need.

Problem is that they need membership to approve this deal, they cant get out of that.

There is extensive doubt that the membership will vote yes.

DARK AGES SUCK!

13. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It might very well be that the Revolution does not expect the unions to vote yes, but early citizen voting will be starting almost any day, the election will be over soon, they might be just kicking the can down the road a few weeks, and after that they dont care. They certainly dont care about us at best, and at worst are actively driving to destroy the nation.

DARK AGES SUCK!

14. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

U.S. rail agreement was presented as a done deal. Now that they’ve seen it, workers disagree
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-rail-ag...214703954.html

It sure does look like union leadership conspired with the Revolution to kick the can down the road past the election, but that the membership might very well reject the deal. Union leadership betraying their own membership would of course not be any shock at all.

DARK AGES SUCK!

15. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,244 Times in 13,391 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 840 Times in 799 Posts

Based on data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), 14.3 million or 10.8% of US employees were in unions last year.
    https://usafacts.org/articles/labor-union-membership/

Catering to unions is a loser at the polls.

16. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The Revolution seems to think that the there will never be a strike because they will pass a law making a strike illegal.

I am not so sure that these workers are inclined to follow such a law.

DARK AGES SUCK!