Thread: Is Racism Bad? Tell Me Why.

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,485 Times in 52,488 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMode View Post
    The discussion in this thread started because you, once again, dishonestly claimed that I said I was Buddhist.
    Ooh, quibbling. LOL Now who's being dishonest, kid?

See, this is the kind of thing that indicates a person's maturity and education: when they say stupid shit and think they can get away with it.

It's much like observing a six-year-old blame an open cookie jar on the dog. They think they're being smart, but they are not. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    For the same reason the earliest disciples of Jesus did- they believed they had "the way" to salvation and wanted to get as many people on-board as possible.

Jesus is coming back any day now
    Ridiculing people isn't in "zen mode", dumbass. LOL
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Yes, claiming to be something that you are not is a legitimate reason to judge somebody. Claiming something about somebody else, when it is not true, is also a reason to judge another person. Since you can't show that I ever claim to be a buddhist, because I didn't, then you fall into the latter category of someone who makes false claims about others.
    It's in your username, dumbass.

How rational would I look if I became upset because someone called me an arrogant asshole....which happens a lot. LOL
    A reminder who was poking the bear on this thread.

The sooner you man-up, kid, the better you'll be in the long run, both on this forum and IRL. I promise.

3. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 29 Times in 29 Posts

A reminder who was poking the bear on this thread.

The sooner you man-up, kid, the better you'll be in the long run, both on this forum and IRL. I promise.
    You didn't specify what you meant by how this "started" . The discussion has spanned two threads. The fact that I clarified what I was responding to does not make me dishonest. If you disagree, feel free to explain how I am dishonest by making it known that I was referencing This Thread and not the other.

I now know that you are talking about the actual beginning.

Yes, I made a snarky comment about the biblical claims of Jesus return. What does that have to do with my utilizing Zen meditation or my integrity?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ZenMode For This Post:

Doc Dutch (09-11-2022)

5. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You didn't specify what you meant by how this "started" . The discussion has spanned two threads. The fact that I clarified what I was responding to does not make me dishonest. If you disagree, feel free to explain how I am dishonest by making it known that I was referencing This Thread and not the other...
    This is just another reason why I think you are under 35 as opposed to being a stupid geezer - you seem to lack life experience and maturity of an older adult American male albeit with a distinctly more feminine argumentative style -
    You make untrue accusations, then, when called on your hypocrisy, you dance all around the truth without ever trying to hit the mark.

Yes, I made a snarky comment about the biblical claims of Jesus return. What does that have to do with my utilizing Zen meditation or my integrity?
    Thanks; the starting point I'd originally hoped this would have begun.

Perhaps I have a different understanding of Zen than you. I see it as a philosophy of aiming to being "in the moment". Human beings, by their nature, cannot help but think about the past or, the smarter ones, the future, but it's always very important to live in the present. The assholes at the Insurrection? They were living in the past...mostly a fantasy of the past, but the past nonetheless. Living in the present while only reflecting upon the past or the future is a Zen lifestyle.

At least in my opinion. Why do you think you are "zen". Saying five Hail Marys and counting rosary beads is meditation. Say the same words in another language and removing the cross doesn't change the fact it's meditation, just like saffron robes or whatever you're doing.

On the specific subject of your snark, like Pastor Martin Niemoller poem is famous for stating, I believe it's important to stand up for everyone's rights in order to more securely protect our own. It also irritated me that you were giving Zen a bad name.

6. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

This is just another reason why I think you are under 35 as opposed to being a stupid geezer - you seem to lack life experience and maturity of an older adult American male albeit with a distinctly more feminine argumentative style -
    You make untrue accusations, then, when called on your hypocrisy, you dance all around the truth without ever trying to hit the mark.
    To clarify, the above thoughts are because I was unsure of what "start" you were referring to and called out which one I thought it was, to give you a chance to clarify?

Thanks; the starting point I'd originally hoped this would have begun.

Perhaps I have a different understanding of Zen than you. I see it as a philosophy of aiming to being "in the moment". Human beings, by their nature, cannot help but think about the past or, the smarter ones, the future, but it's always very important to live in the present. The assholes at the Insurrection? They were living in the past...mostly a fantasy of the past, but the past nonetheless. Living in the present while only reflecting upon the past or the future is a Zen lifestyle.

At least in my opinion. Why do you think you are "zen". Saying five Hail Marys and counting rosary beads is meditation. Say the same words in another language and removing the cross doesn't change the fact it's meditation, just like saffron robes or whatever you're doing.

On the specific subject of your snark, like Pastor Martin Niemoller poem is famous for stating, I believe it's important to stand up for everyone's rights in order to more securely protect our own. It also irritated me that you were giving Zen a bad name.
    The above paragraphs only show how little you understand meditation/mindfulness/consciousness and makes your accusations of my lack of Zen even more vacuous. You think doing Hail Mary's is meditation? In your entire life, you have never meditated.

7. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

To clarify, the above thoughts are because I was unsure of what "start" you were referring to and called out which one I thought it was, to give you a chance to clarify?

The above paragraphs only show how little you understand meditation/mindfulness/consciousness and makes your accusations of my lack of Zen even more vacuous. You think doing Hail Mary's is meditation? In your entire life, you have never meditated.
    It's okay if you think linearly. That's why I called you on your lack of Zen. It's normal Western logic.

Thanks for more insight to your "mindfulness". LOL

8. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It's okay if you think linearly. That's why I called you on your lack of Zen. It's normal Western logic.

Thanks for more insight to your "mindfulness". LOL
    You've demonstrated repeatedly that you have no clue what "Zen" is, but you're sure I lack it.

BTW, never in my life have I called it Zen and doing so now is only because that is the common term in this conversation, not because I actually want to reinforce your uninformed, simplistic, stereotypical view of what mindfulness actually is.

Your accusations against me are clearly baseless. You appear to be arrogant, narcissistic and prideful, so you won't acknowledge it, but it is true nonetheless.

9. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You've demonstrated repeatedly that you have no clue what "Zen" is, but you're sure I lack it.

BTW, never in my life have I called it Zen and doing so now is only because that is the common term in this conversation, not because I actually want to reinforce your uninformed, simplistic, stereotypical view of what mindfulness actually is.

Your accusations against me are clearly baseless. You appear to be arrogant, narcissistic and prideful, so you won't acknowledge it, but it is true nonetheless.
    Why do you give a shit if I'm as stupid and ignorant as you insist I am?

10. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Zenless's posts keep being deleted. Is it because he does it himself or because they are so crude that a mod does it?

Inquiring people want to know. LOL

Last edited by Doc Dutch; 09-11-2022 at 08:08 PM.

11. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why do you give a shit if I'm as stupid and ignorant as you insist I am?
    I don't care if you're ignorant. I care if you're dishonest, especially if you're going to come after me.

12. #146 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I don't care if you're ignorant. I care if you're dishonest, especially if you're going to come after me.
    Angry, vengeful and hateful isn't mindful, kid.

13. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Angry, vengeful and hateful isn't mindful, kid.
    I completely agree. Luckily, pointing out dishonesty doesn't require any bad feelings!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ZenMode For This Post:

Doc Dutch (09-12-2022)

15. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I completely agree. Luckily, pointing out dishonesty doesn't require any bad feelings!
    True, it does not, but it tends to piss some people off when they are called on it.

16. #149 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,326 Times in 9,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 511 Times in 484 Posts
    Blog Entries

dutch uncle is a brainless and ignorant establishment attack dog.
    morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition
    https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/trump