Thread: Republicans don't love or trust America anymore

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,177 Times in 10,395 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Also,...Im a far cry from being a saint, to say the least...LOL,...but the fact is, my hate is much more of the Biblical type. The whole hate the sin not the sinner thing. More like that.
    Well, I’m not a Bible person. But that doesn’t mean that people like me don’t have a moral compass

2. The Following User Says Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

evince (08-19-2022)

3. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,454 Times in 9,909 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 867 Times in 825 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    I’m merely referring to what I see when the MAGA cultists use their mantra. THAT’S the America I see them wanting. A return to the 50s, where everything was a Mayberry, Leave it to Beaver, or Ozzie and Harriet.

It wasn’t.
    Of course it wasnt. Not 100%. But was it MUCH CLOSER to that than what it is today? You bet it was. Undeniable. BTW,...Im watching The Andy Griffith show right now as we speak. STILL one of my favorites...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stone For This Post:

Into the Night (08-19-2022)

5. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, I’m not a Bible person. But that doesn’t mean that people like me don’t have a moral compass
    Hate the sin not the sinner. Nobody is irredeemable.

6. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The difference today in these times? Its not one thing that can be pointed at and addressed. BUT......back then IMO the Good in people outweighed the bad,....by far. Sure there were bad people and bad things happening but the good was far more prevalent. I dont see that today. Not anymore. The PEOPLE themselves have gotten worse, much worse. And that is very dangerous. Were going backwards.

7. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,177 Times in 10,395 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    The difference today in these times? Its not one thing that can be pointed at and addressed. BUT......back then IMO the Good in people outweighed the bad,....by far. Sure there were bad people and bad things happening but the good was far more prevalent. I dont see that today. Not anymore. The PEOPLE themselves have gotten worse, much worse. And that is very dangerous. Were going backwards.
    Social media allows for anonymous, and therefore, hate without consequences. I think the bad was always there. People don’t change. It’s just that more people have access to sites that confirm their own biases and normalizes it.

Do you think the Shoresys, the Text Drivers or the volrocks of the world could get away with their hate speech in the workplace? Or when their identities are known? I think not.

8. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,628 Times in 21,489 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,633 Times in 5,141 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    They have created a dishonest system that they use to punish dissent and they can't figure out why people dont trust that system. They "love" America except the electoral college. They loved the supreme court until it makes decisions they don't like. They don't even bother to hide their hypocrisy which only shows how stupid they are.
    Dissent is very important in a democracy, in what way has it been punished?

I see how Trump punished any dissent by "primarying" any candidate who dared cross him at all... He asked that anyone who dissented at his rallies be punched in the face... he attacked John McCain's military record because he dared question some of Trumps actions...

Who punished dissent?

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

evince (08-19-2022)

10. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,875 Times in 8,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 590 Posts
    Blog Entries

As citizens, it’s fine to question authority. To question our government. Pork spending. Massive influence of special interest groups. How our money is spent. How and why we send our troops in dangers way. On and on.

But, in Trump (and his followers), we had and have something entirely different. Trump, being an instigator of conspiracy theories from the getgo, has convinced his followers that everything is a conspiracy to get him.

Many still believe Obama is a Muslim born in Kenya.
    Many still believe the Venezuelan conspiracy about our voting machines.
    Many (most?) still hang on to the stolen election.
    1/6 was a false flag operation.
    The warrant on his home was a coverup for Operation Hurricane.
    Fraud here, fake there, everywhere a hoax hoax. But only when he was criticized.
    Anyone who criticized him was is/was automatically a liar and the enemy.

Trump openly and on the international stage took the side of Putin over our own intelligence agencies.

He openly lied about what he knew about COVID, downplayed it, openly shit on on one of the most knowledgeable and dedicated infectious disease experts, resulting in the unnecessary deaths of tens of thousands, if not more, Americans.

He gave tacit, even open approval, to white nationalists. Open racism, as seen on this forum and elsewhere, has become normalized.

His constant lies and distortions have normalized that behavior. His supporters ignore and/or condone it.

I’m not sure that Republicans, in general, don’t love or trust America. I think even Trump supporters, in their own twisted way, still love this country. But, they have allowed their minds to be poisoned by a toxic person. We’ve seen it before in cult leaders. Now, we’ve experienced it in one of our political leaders.
    Who openly lied about covid? Fauci?? I agree. That miserable animal should be in jail. He screwed up kids, he bankrupted businesses and he's still walking free. Oh wait aren't you the one that claimed the "vaccine" kept you out of the hospital even though you have no proof of it? Yeah that's you. You tried passing off anecdotal evidence as proof.

The difference between you and and me is that I KNOW leftists want to drive America into the ground. Everything they do points directly to that inescapable fact. The real enemy is the left. Maybe you're a leftist or maybe youre a liberal but my money is on the former.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Yakuda For This Post:

12. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This is spot on. They want the EC done away with so that CA and NY alone would elect the president. They pretend to love America. The only thing they hate more than America is trump.
    So, is it not dissent to propose we update the electoral system to be more democratically based on popular vote? Its okay to want to change a system is it not?

44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

evince (08-19-2022)

14. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    the founders distrusted our government for a reason. democrats have forgotten that and are trying to force us all to believe that we are the government.
    t is OK to distrust the government, in fact its healthy. It is not oK to make up untrue shit about the government and spread lies about it to make it weaker.

LOCK HIM UP!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

evince (08-19-2022)

16. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump was censored off Twitter so lick my balls

Everyone on social media dumbass

Every person sentenced for the Jan 6 trespassing.
    Twitter is a private company, we have a CAPITALIST system and so its their prerogative, especially if they feel someone is using the platform they own to promote violence or to interrupt the legal transition of power in the Untied States.

LOCK HIM UP!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

evince (08-19-2022)

18. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    They've been trying for decades to make us believe they know whats best for everyone...........
    And Republicans dont do that? Trump did not try to impose things on us and without even letting the legislative or legal process play out?

LOCK HIM UP!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

evince (08-19-2022)

20. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,875 Times in 8,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 590 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Dissent is very important in a democracy, in what way has it been punished?

I see how Trump punished any dissent by "primarying" any candidate who dared cross him at all... He asked that anyone who dissented at his rallies be punched in the face... he attacked John McCain's military record because he dared question some of Trumps actions...

Who punished dissent?
    Trump was thrown off social media as is anyone who doesn't toe the leftist line. I know I know you people prefer calling it "misinformation". LOL arbitrarily changing the definition of words is a leftist hobby. It's a bad argument.

Trump didn't punish anything, the democracy you people claim to love so much worked and your leftist shit is going to come back to haunt you. I hate to admit it but I will relish when your bullshit gets shoved down your own throats. It wi be a great day and it is coming. You people think you can say and do whatever you like and people.just have to take it. We see how you people behave when you don't get your own way, BLM,, Janes revenge, terrorizing SC justices you don't like. You know what gets me most of all is the fucking amount of patriotic play acting you people engage in. Decent people are waking up. Get ready, ife is going to change for you people.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Yakuda For This Post:

22. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

t is OK to distrust the government, in fact its healthy. It is not oK to make up untrue shit about the government and spread lies about it to make it weaker.
    and yet democrats and republicans do it every day..............
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

23. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Heh. Because Trump stands up for America and happens to be very good at exposing these people for what they are.
    Trump stands up for Trump and nobody else, you are like the school girl in love with the playground bully.

LOCK HIM UP!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

evince (08-19-2022)

25. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

And Republicans dont do that? Trump did not try to impose things on us and without even letting the legislative or legal process play out?
    whataboutism........
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.