Thread: Trump is rushing to hire seasoned lawyers — but he keeps hearing ‘No’

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Default Trump is rushing to hire seasoned lawyers — but he keeps hearing ‘No’

Former president Donald Trump and close aides have spent the eight days since the FBI searched his Florida home rushing to assemble a team of respected defense lawyers. But the answer they keep hearing is “no.”

The struggle to find expert legal advice puts Trump in a bind as he faces potential criminal exposure from a records dispute with the National Archives that escalated into a federal investigation into possible violations of the Espionage Act and other statutes.

“Everyone is saying no,” said a prominent Republican lawyer, who like some others spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss confidential conversations.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...yers-fbi-raid/

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Failed Elite Class has failed this profoundly.

Buckle Up....this is going to hurt!
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    The Failed Elite Class has failed this profoundly.

Buckle Up....this is going to hurt!
    Dude, take a long rest. Nothing you ever write makes a lick of sense.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Dark Ages Suck!
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 75 Times in 67 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Former president Donald Trump and close aides have spent the eight days since the FBI searched his Florida home rushing to assemble a team of respected defense lawyers. But the answer they keep hearing is “no.”

The struggle to find expert legal advice puts Trump in a bind as he faces potential criminal exposure from a records dispute with the National Archives that escalated into a federal investigation into possible violations of the Espionage Act and other statutes.

“Everyone is saying no,” said a prominent Republican lawyer, who like some others spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss confidential conversations.

I mean, given his propensity of not paying people he uses the services of.... I'd stay away too. Plus his propensity of lying.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gondwanaland For This Post:

Doc Dutch (08-17-2022)

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Gondwanaland View Post
    I mean, given his propensity of not paying people he uses the services of.... I'd stay away too. Plus his propensity of lying.
    Surprised any lawyer would work for him. The law does not protect a lawyer if involved in criminal activity--which is what Trump wants.

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

I don't think a sensible attorney who worked hard for their law license would want to risk destroying their career over a piece of shit tyrant tRump who conspired in the gutter with repukes to engage in a act of insurrection and stealing classified information to destroy democracy and civilization at doing the bidding of foreign enemies and the devil.

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,449 Times in 52,464 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gondwanaland View Post
    With Trump, it’s best to get the money upfront.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,449 Times in 52,464 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump did this to himself but he’ll never take responsibility for his actions. He’ll blame everyone else because that’s how he rolls.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,245 Times in 7,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

My guess it is not really "the money."

What decent, intelligent person would want his/her name associated with Trump?

He is a classless heap of scum who taints everything and everyone who comes into his sphere.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

12. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump is well known for stiffing the lawyers that he hired, so why should they work for him.
    Lock Him Up

13. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,062 Times in 8,414 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

Everything you people quote is from anonymous sources. Lmfao. Someone in your family spoke to me on the condition of anonymity about how much of an idiot you are. I mean I believe the anonymous source, I don't know about anyone else.