Members banned from this thread: lurchadams and LurchAddams

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Trump says the FBI confiscated his passports during the raid at his Mar-A-Lago home

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,069 Times in 8,417 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    There is no need for a warrant in the case of passports, because it already belongs to the US Government. The FBI agents did not need a warrant to drive the US Government cars back to the office after the search. The cars belong to the US Government, and can be driven by agents of the government where ever the government wants them to be.

There is no need for a subpoena or warrant to get passports. There is just the need for a demand. A demand is made by any officer of the US Government, including an FBI agent.
    They need a warrant to enter the home where their property is however. They can't do whatever the hell they please because it's their property. The home and land it sits on isn't theirs. I know you wish the government could do whatever the fuck it pleases but man Americans still don't.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,326 Times in 9,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 511 Times in 484 Posts
    Blog Entries

The IRA was just signed into law, and funding starts at the beginning of the fiscal year, October 1st. Then they start working out how to hire IRS agents, which is a process that takes months. Massie claims to already have photos of them being trained in August?

How are these trainees being paid? Think about it for a second. Would you show up to work, under the promise that in a few months, they will start paying you?
    sounds like you cracked the case, Matlock. now you can make the early bird special.
    morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition
    https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/trump

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,340 Times in 8,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    They need a warrant to enter the home where their property is however. They can't do whatever the hell they please because it's their property.
    And they had that warrant. They were allowed to go through the paperwork, and figure out what was allowed to be removed. The passport is allowed to be removed by any government officer, who comes into contact with it.
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan said it best, "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
    Paul Begala, "Politics is show business for ugly people."
    Stephen Colbert, "Reality has a well known liberal bias."
    trump is a child rapist. We all know it.

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,069 Times in 8,417 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

And they had that warrant. They were allowed to go through the paperwork, and figure out what was allowed to be removed. The passport is allowed to be removed by any government officer, who comes into contact with it.
    And when trump walks away from this you'll be left sucking your thumb.

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    And when trump walks away from this you'll be left sucking your thumb.
    The passports will not effect this case in any way. trump might get away with his crimes, plenty of criminals have, but not based on his ownership of passports. he does not own the passports.
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan said it best, "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

There is no need for a warrant in the case of passports, because it already belongs to the US Government. The FBI agents did not need a warrant to drive the US Government cars back to the office after the search. The cars belong to the US Government, and can be driven by agents of the government where ever the government wants them to be.

There is no need for a subpoena or warrant to get passports. There is just the need for a demand. A demand is made by any officer of the US Government, including an FBI agent.
    but as you originally pointed out, it has to be asked for.
    that didnt happen.
    they stole it.
    and, as they admitted it was a mistake and they gave them back.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    they stole it.
    The US Government cannot steal a US passport. It belongs to the US Government, so only non-US Government agents can steal a US passport.

But let's say these are not really US passports, and are the property of trump. I know that is completely counter factual, but there is a point to be made here. In fact, let's say it is a bag of cocaine.

If during a search of documents, the FBI came across a bag of white powder, suspected of being cocaine. It would probably be wisest to secure the scene, and get a second warrant to seize the bag of powder. It would be an easy warrant to get, because it probably is cocaine. If they did not get a warrant, then trump's lawyers could have argued they did not have probable cause to believe it was cocaine, and therefore have it thrown out as evidence. The prosecution would argue they did have probable cause, and it was in plain sight upon execution of the search warrant.

In the end, MAYBE the cocaine would be thrown out as evidence. None of the rest of the evidence would be thrown out. And the cocaine would not be returned to trump, because it is contraband. MAYBE it would be admissible as evidence.

8. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

why is Walt still trying to defend this after the FBI has apologized and returned the passports?......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

9. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

wtf are you talking about?

you're an insane totalitarian.
    morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition

10. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    you're an insane totalitarian.
    I have a nice watch. I refuse to give it to you, because it is mine. You say that I am an insane totalitarian for demanding on keeping my watch?

11. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I have a nice watch. I refuse to give it to you, because it is mine. You say that I am an insane totalitarian for demanding on keeping my watch?
    fuck you and your watch.

Trump Wins,
    by definition