Thread: The best is yet to come....

1. #406 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by McRocket View Post
    Yet the Household Survey - which the Unemployment Rate is based on - says America has LOST 86,000 jobs during the last three months.

Ouch.

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/arc...t_07082022.htm
    https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.a.htm

And all the rest of your blather is pure speculation.

Oh...and it's 'markets'.
    Not 'market'.
    There are far more than just one equity market.
    DUH.

Fuck...you are a macroeconomic ignoramus.
    Three posts. I own you. I guess you didn't learn.

One of your links is dead. The other does not say what you claim it says. The US has added well over a million jobs in the last three months. Perhaps your analytical skills could use some work.

Let me know which words you are having trouble with and I'll try to help you out.

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm

2. #407 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,578 Times in 9,986 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 873 Times in 830 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    Lies are all they have

But it has always been their strong suit

3. #408 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Your Republican Party keeps getting caught in lies

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stone For This Post:

ExpressLane (08-14-2022)

5. #409 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

6. #410 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,760 Times in 27,235 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,587 Times in 18,176 Posts
    Blog Entries

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Intercept

U.S. government reaction
    Edit
    On August 15, 2014, U.S. National Counterintelligence Executive (NCE) William Evanina confirmed that the FBI is moving forward[needs update] with a probe into how classified documents were leaked to The Intercept for its article revealing details about a database of terrorism suspects, which linked some people to terrorism even if they had no known association with any terrorism group. "It's a criminal act that has us very concerned," said Evanina, a former FBI special agent with a counter-terrorism specialty who was appointed NCE by Director of National Intelligence James R. Clapper in May 2014.[13]

In August 2014, it was reported that members of the U.S. military had been banned from reading The Intercept.[14][15][16][17]

Controversies
    Edit
    Erik Wemple, writing for The Washington Post, noted the conspicuous refusal of The Intercept to use the term "targeted killings" to refer to the U.S. drone program, instead referring to the drone strikes as "assassinations". Wemple included Glenn Greenwald's explanation that assassination is "the accurate term rather than the euphemistic term that the government wants us to use"; Greenwald further noted that "anyone who is murdered deliberately away from a battlefield for political purposes is being assassinated".[18] TechCrunch referred to the story as clear evidence of "unabashed opposition to security hawks".[19]

The Jewish Telegraph Agency wrote that The Intercept's founder "has relentlessly criticized Israel and its political leadership, and at times has invoked tropes of dual loyalty in attacking the pro-Israel community". The site also published a podcast titled "The case against AIPAC".[20]

Politico notes that The Intercept has a tendency to write articles that speak negatively of Democrats.[21]

Juan M. Thompson scandal
    Edit
    Main article: Juan M. Thompson
    In February 2016, the site appended lengthy corrections to five stories by reporter Juan M. Thompson and retracted a sixth, about Charleston church shooter Dylann Roof, written over the previous year, focused on the African-American community. Shortly afterward, a note from editor Betsy Reed indicated that Thompson had been fired recently after his editors discovered "a pattern of deception" in his reporting. According to Reed, he had "fabricated several quotes in his stories and created fake email accounts that he used to impersonate people, one of which was a Gmail account in my name".[22]

Reed apologized to readers and to those misquoted. She noted that some of Thompson's work, most of it using public sources, was verifiable. Editors alerted any downstream users of the affected stories, and promised to take similar action if further fabrication came to light.[22]

Thompson suggested that the greater problem was racism in the media field. He had made up pseudonyms for some of his sources, whom he described as "poor black people who didn't want their names in the public given the situations" and would not have spoken with a reporter otherwise. "[T]he journalism that covers the experiences of poor black folk and the journalism others, such as you and First Look, are used to differs drastically," he argued. He also said he had felt a need to "exaggerate my personal shit in order to prove my worth" at The Intercept given incidents of racial bias he said he had witnessed there. When Gawker published his email, Reed said those allegations had not been in the version he sent her.[23]

He was fired by The Intercept in early 2016 and, according to Reed, did not cooperate with the investigation into his actions.[24]

Reality Winner controversy
    Edit
    In early June 2017, The Intercept published a National Security Agency document that asserts Russian intelligence successfully hacked an American voter registration and poll software company, and used information culled to phish state election officials. The document was mailed from a source inside NSA, who did not reveal their identity to Intercept writers.[25] One hour after publication, Reality Winner, a 25-year old NSA contract employee, was arrested by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and charged under the Espionage Act of 1917.[26] The article bolstered public suspicion that Russia interfered in the 2016 election.

The document states that Russian intelligence attempted to crack the log-in information of the employees of a vendor providing voter registration software and databases for states to use with their election systems. It stated that the Russians were successful enough that they were able to email 122 election officials, by posing as employees of the vendor.

According to David Folkenflik of National Public Radio, "[a]n Intercept reporter shared a photo of the papers with a source, a government contractor whom he trusted, seeking to validate it. The printout included a postmark of Augusta, Ga., and microdots, a kind of computerized fingerprint. The contractor told his bosses, who informed the FBI."[27] NSA quickly identified the leaker of the documents.[28]

Verifying the legitimacy of leaked documents is common journalism practice, as is protecting third parties who may be harmed incidentally by the leak being published. However, professional media outlets who receive documents or recordings from confidential sources do not, as a practice, share the unfiltered primary evidence with a federal agency for review or verification, as it is known that metadata and unique identifiers may be revealed that were not obvious to the journalist, and the source exposed.[29][30]

According to the FBI, the evidence chain led to the arrest of Winner, a young Air Force veteran who was working in Georgia for Pluribus International Corporation, an NSA contractor, when the document was mailed to The Intercept.[31] The Intercept has been criticized for unprofessional handling of the document, and indifference to the source's safety.[32][33]

Following the arrest of Winner, The Intercept released a statement saying it had "no knowledge of the identity of the person who provided us with the document". Allegations from the FBI about Winner, it added, were "unproven assertions and speculation designed to serve the government's agenda and as such warrant skepticism".[34]

NSA whistleblower John Kiriakou and Guantanamo Bay detention camp whistleblower Joseph Hickman have both accused the same reporter accused of revealing Winner's identity, Matthew Cole, of playing a role in their exposure, which, in Kiriakou's case, led to his imprisonment.[35][36]

On July 11, 2017, The Intercept announced that its parent company, First Look Media, through its Press Freedom Defense Fund, would provide $50,000 in matching funds to Stand with Reality, a crowd-funding campaign to support Winner's legal defense, plus a separate grant to engage a second law firm to assist Winner's principal attorneys, Augusta-based Bell & Brigham. Additionally, wrote editor-in-chief Betsy Reed, "First Look's counsel Baruch Weiss of the firm Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer may support the defense efforts while continuing to represent First Look's interests."[37]

On August 23, 2018, at a federal court in Georgia, Winner was sentenced to the agreed-upon five years and three months in prison for violating the Espionage Act. Prosecutors said her sentence was the longest ever imposed in federal court for an unauthorized release of government information to the media.[38] Winner was being held at the Federal Bureau of Prisons (FBOP)'s Federal Medical Center, Carswell in Fort Worth, Texas, in order to receive treatment for bulimia and be close to her family.[38]

On November 30, 2020, Laura Poitras, one of the founding editors of The Intercept, left the company. She said she was fired in relation to the Winner controversy.[39][40]

Resignation of Glenn Greenwald
    Edit
    On October 29, 2020, Glenn Greenwald resigned from The Intercept, saying that he faced political censorship and contractual breaches from the editors, who he wrote had prevented him from reporting on the conduct of Joe Biden and his son, Hunter, with regard to China and Ukraine.[41] On The Joe Rogan Experience, Greenwald stated that he thinks his colleagues did not want to report anything negative about Joe Biden because they were desperate for Trump to lose.[42] The Intercept disputed Greenwald's accusations, writing that he "believes that anyone who disagrees with him is corrupt, and anyone who presumes to edit his words is a censor", and told The Washington Post, "it is absolutely not true that Glenn Greenwald was asked to remove all sections critical of Joe Biden from his article. He was asked to support his claims and innuendo about corrupt actions by Joe Biden with evidence."[43][44]

Use of leaked data to solicit donations
    Edit
    In May 2021, The Intercept used GabLeaks to solicit donations. Greenwald criticized the publication for exploiting what he called an invasion of privacy, which he said contrasted with The Intercept's origins during the Snowden leaks.[45] In response, a spokesperson for The Intercept said that "We do not apologize for our interest in reporting on fascist activity."

7. #411 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

8. #412 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

9. #413 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 890 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 144 Times in 135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Seriously though. On very rare occasions I'll have a serious discussion here. Most of the Trump supporters are far too fucking stupid to participate. I actually tried with you, but your problem is that you think you're in charge of the conversation, and you are unwilling to play by the same rules you attempt to impose on others. So I gave up. My post was 100% trolling, and you basically just hopped into the net. So I I trolled you again, and you delivered a book. Made my morning.
    My post length 'made your morning'?

Your life is at such a pathetic level that the length of a faceless nobodies post an a nothing chat forum...'made your morning'?
    Holy shit!!!
    You must have one INCREDIBLY, dull life.

Nothing that could EVER happen on a chat forum could 'make my morning'.

'The bank' is a figure of speech. Pretty funny that you took it literally. I have roughly eight million and a house in trust. The rest is in a Roth. You can't put that into a trust. Most of my holdings are preferred stocks. Tough economic times present incredible opportunities in those stocks. I'm actually up to a little over 8% return. I usually focus on financial and real estate trusts. I generally don't surrender a position unless it gets called. Thanks to Republicans, I make more than I was before retirement, and I pay far less in taxes.
    Whatever pal.
    Not buying it for a second.
    You are far too petty and far, too troll-like to be worth over 8 million clear.
    Unless you are emotionally disturbed.

No one who is happy trolls.
    Yet you do...in spades.
    So either you are lying about your 'wealth'.
    Or it is clearly not making you happy.

As for the wife, she's 17 years younger than me and made her money modeling. I guess someone besides me likes the way she looks. I was fortunate to find a second big love after I lost my wife to cancer. Most people don't even get one. She isn't perfect, but she IS perfect for me. She is a fierce advocate for women's rights. Coming from a redneck family, the get togethers are interesting, because she takes no shit. She hates Trump, hates racists, and can't stand arrogance. Pretty good qualities in a woman. Finding her was just blind luck.
    You obviously are proud that she is young enough to be your daughter.
    I wouldn't be.
    I once dated a 21 year old doctor-in-training from South Africa when I was 34.
    And even that difference made me a bit embarrassed.

But you are clearly ALL about appearances and 'showing off'.
    All the age difference means is when you fuck her?
    She is actually picturing younger, hotter men she previously dated so she can tolerate getting banged by such an old fart (no matter how 'hot' you think you look).
    Oh...she swears up and down that she doesn't.
    But she does - I can almost guarantee it.

If you do have money - I hope you have a pre-nup that is iron clad and says she gets nothing from you no matter how long you two are together.
    Because if you don't?
    Then you cannot know she is just letting you fuck her and waiting for you to die so she gets your dough.
    I mean this sincerely.
    Everyone who marries - no matter their wealth - should get a pre-nup.

You actually seem like you're bright.
    Thank you.
    You seem like you could have above, average intelligence.
    How far - I do not know.

But you need to take the chip off your shoulder. No one should have gotten as riled up by my post as you did.
    I come here to teach, learn and kill time. And pick on trolls.

I despise trolls.
    They ruin the net for everyone.
    And every chance I can tear into them and make them look small and petty - no matter what their politics - I jump on it (if I feel like it).

You should try a little humility.
    Humility?
    This coming from someone who is running around bragging about how tough he supposedly is, how rich he supposedly is and how 'hot' his wife supposedly is.

You are being civil at the end.
    Fine.
    You be civil to me - I will be civil to you.

But if you are going to play games and troll me.
    Then I will treat you just as I would any troll.

Take Matt Dillon.
    I don't agree with everything he says or does.
    Though I do - generally - like his style.
    But - at least to my face - he treats me with some respect.
    So I return the favor.

But if he started trolling me?
    I'll rip him up too.
    Just as I assume he would to me.

The choice is yours.
    You give what you get.
    Last edited by McRocket; 08-14-2022 at 03:11 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to McRocket For This Post:

TOP (08-14-2022)

11. #414 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    That is from Veritas

They are notorious liars who have lost cases in court due to their fucking lies idiot

12. #415 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

13. #416 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

14. #417 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,896 Times in 21,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,687 Times in 5,190 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Stoney's vocabulary is about 35 words, and two pictures.
    Typical Trumpper!

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

Concart (08-14-2022), evince (08-14-2022)

16. #418 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,896 Times in 21,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,687 Times in 5,190 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    So then when YOU use them it means you have NO ARGUMENT? Good to know.....

::
    I don’t use them in the place of arguments.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

evince (08-14-2022)

18. #419 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Your life is at such a pathetic level that the length of a faceless nobodies post an a nothing chat forum...'made your morning'?
    Holy shit!!!

Whatever pal.

Yet you do...in spades.

I wouldn't be.

She is actually picturing younger, hotter men she previously dated so she can tolerate getting banged by such an old fart (no matter how 'hot' you think you look).

If you do have money - I hope you have a pre-nup that is iron clad and says she gets nothing from you no matter how long you two are together.
    Because if you don't?
    Then you cannot know she is just letting you fuck her and waiting for you to die so she gets your dough.
    I mean this sincerely.

Thank you.
    How far - I do not know.

I despise trolls.
    And every chance I can tear into them and make them look small and petty - no matter what their politics - I jump on it (if I feel like it).

Humility?
    This coming from someone who is running around bragging about how tough he supposedly is, how rich he supposedly is and how 'hot' his wife supposedly is.

Fine.

Take Matt Dillon.
    So I return the favor.

I'll rip him up too.

The choice is yours.
    You give what you get.
    I don't give two fucks about being civil with you. Did you think I cared? Your bad.

My wife is 49 years old. I'm 66. Hardly young enough to be my daughter. SHE pursued me. Because I am one awesome fucking catch. She came into the marriage with a half a million dollars and four houses that she owned outright. She had no idea how much money I had. It was all chemistry. Obviously not something you can understand. Because you are too hung up on yourself.

You can't teach me, son. You are really, really bad at this, and I am a master. Bring your best. You'll still be an utter failure. You are out of your league.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

evince (08-14-2022)

20. #420 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,005 Times in 8,032 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Holy shit!!!

Whatever pal.

Yet you do...in spades.

I wouldn't be.

Because if you don't?
    I mean this sincerely.

Thank you.
    How far - I do not know.

I despise trolls.

Humility?

Fine.

Take Matt Dillon.
    So I return the favor.

I'll rip him up too.

The choice is yours.
    You give what you get.
    Another book!!!!

Are you calling it a sequel?

With the next one, will it become known as The Trilogy????

McRetard.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

evince (08-14-2022)